//ArrowChat Code
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: new dune edition 3 wheeler

KASEY is offline weee weeee weeeeeeeeeee ! ! ! The day begins with 3WW
    --
    today i used a parts 350x to build the new pipe for the nre 350x... i used a stock xr400 head pipe,. bigger diameter than a stock 350x and its stainless steel like the 400ex. it bolted right on without a single issue, so then i added a nice carbon fiber can that i have been saving for just this reason,,,, it fits perfect .. so as soon as i get the motor in the new trike ,, the pipe is already done.. with the exception of cleaning it up and polishing it up.... also i am going to use a master cylinder off a newer yz450,, it has a built in resiviour so i eliminate a few things,, it will bolt on where the stock master goes and hook right up to the pedal.. so far the only thing i see is it has a smaller diameter on the cyilnder,, not sure if that will effect the amount of pedal travel necessary to activate the brakes properly yet or not,,, i guess when i get it all juiced up i will see,,,

--
    Now THAT'S a can...
    Just amazing. Great work Kasey, yet again.

TORKER.
    THOSE WHO SAY IT CANNOT BE DONE, SHOULD NOT GET IN THE WAY OF THOSE BUSY DOING IT...

--
    I'm using a crf450 m/c for the same reasons, but yours fits a lot nicer. Looking good.

--
    If and when I win the lottery, can I hire you to build all my custom stuff? my personal mechanic? AWESOME work Kasey!
    RPFLU member and co-owner.
    Hardtails is all we do.
    #NOLINK
    #MAKEHARDTAILSGREATAGAIN
    #SUSPENDTHIS

--
    amazing what a little elbow grease will do!
    2- 85 Tri-Z's black and Yellow
    2- 85 250SX's
    1- 85 200X
    3-ATC 70's
    2- 85 tri-zinger's who needs some parts

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintore View Post
    If and when I win the lottery, can I hire you to build all my custom stuff? my personal mechanic? AWESOME work Kasey!
    well ,, you would have to move to phoenix, buy a big transporter and a helicopter for trips to the dunes for testing,,, then YES i could be hired... !!!!! LOL

--
    Blog Entries
    So enjoying this build, beautiful so far. I wonder what you would do to build an ice racer?

--
    ok while there is a work stopage i thought i would post a few before and after picts,, just to see what all is involved,, first is the prolink setup, you can see a stock 350x frame in the first picture and in the second you can see what was added to make the pro link actually hook to the frame... in the second set of picts you can see how i gusseted the seat and airbox mount,, these are very pron to cracking,,,

--
    WELL I CAN ALMOST HEAR IT RUN!! its getting close should have front wheel back this next week,, i have to get a twist throttle and a few other little things,,,

--
    i used a master cylinder off a YZ450f its almost a bolt on. with a little adjusting it works perfect . now no more messing with a remote resivour ,,, its all in one ,, the piston is just a shade smaller than the stock 350x.. but it works great with a minnimal amount of pedal travel..

--
    Top notch for sure! Gotta be one of the trickest 350 builds i have seen! love it! Great work Kasey!

volfan537240 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Simply amazing
    85 tri-z (in pieces)
    421 cub banshee

--
    Really sweet build. Can't wait to see this bike in person. Pictures look awesome!!!

whipit is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    that motor cradle shot stock vs reenforced is very eye opening. what a totally under engeneered stock setup! weak

--
    ok its setting on the floor finally!!! all i have left is a quick once over,, throw the tank and fenders on and ride it!!! man i hope it will start... its not been fired up in 18 years,,,, here is a peek,,,,,

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //