//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Sooooo...will there be ice in the Northeast this year????

eddie pettengil is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Bryan & Riverrat, we already have 5-6 inches of ice. I run the series posted above so a trike class can be added at any time or run against the quads (no entry fee) but you should be registered in the states we run in. Its nothing sanctioned or anything so its unlimited race time. I could also get you guys out on the ice Saturday and Sunday. Here is the problem, im 6 hours away from you Bryan (I think). We race on 4-5 different lakes so I would mapquest Somersworth NH 03878.

--
    I would be up for the Winter Carnival if there is no ice to the south. Is the carnival on Presidents weekend? I know that has conflicted with Ice Fest so I have never gone, but if we don't have ice, then we go north! Slow bikes or not, I will bring my best game.

It's supposed to be below freezing until Tuesday, then warm a little for 3 days, then get colder agian according to the forecast. I'm surprised you don't have ice yet Bryan. GWL has 1/4 covered.

I am also going to check out Deep Creek Lake in Garret County Md. The web cams showed ice today. I am going to check in the morning when there is better light.

--
    Blog Entries
    ya same week.... ill let you guys know what i come up with today on the winter carnival.... I know how the AMA can be....

eddie... you mean registered.. like license plates?

--
    Blog Entries
    Listen Up just talked to frank.... we are 89.9% welcome at the lake george winter carnival this year he will be callin me back with the 100% ,,,He was more than excited to hear about us guys!

So if I don't have ice that's out other option!!
    Last edited by Bryan Raffa; 01-04-2013 at 08:31 PM.

eddie pettengil is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Bryan, atv should be registration in the state we are racing in. We have never been checked on 3 of the 5 lakes we race on but you never know. Good luck with the ice this year guys. Ill be checking in.

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    If registering in Maine is anything like registering in NH then it's a piece of cake. In NH it's like $75 and all it takes is a bill of sale to get registered. I usually write out my bill of sale in the parking lot before I go in the store (joking of course) and that's that. There are many local stores that sell the registrations. Bait shops, mini marts, hardware stores, whatever. You just have to find one that's open and pop in.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    maine lets non residents do it online. Its real easy.

--
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eddie pettengil View Post
    Bryan, atv should be registration in the state we are racing in. We have never been checked on 3 of the 5 lakes we race on but you never know. Good luck with the ice this year guys. Ill be checking in.
    thats weird,,, I'm reggied in NY ... never heard of having both ...

--
    This started 4-5 years ago. All these snowmobile/atv riders that take the trail from Vermont into New Hampshire then into Maine have to registered in all three states. Its crazy.

--
    Blog Entries
    what...... that's Crazy! never knew that.....

--
    We may be in luck. A friend and weather guy on TV pointed out a weather block forming over Greenland....I know, I know, wtf, but he noted that from the 15th to the 18th, things will get colder for us.

As far as the licensing issue, I would Che k state reciprocity laws. For example, my bikes are registered in PA since I ride there mostly and NY recognizes PA registrations even though I live in MD. Our house in NY is also covered. I would do a little research.

--
    Blog Entries
    Ugh,,,,registered in 3 states? OMG. I am registered with NY plates.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by eddie pettengil View Post
    This started 4-5 years ago. All these snowmobile/atv riders that take the trail from Vermont into New Hampshire then into Maine have to registered in all three states. Its crazy.
    That sucks anything with a VIN should be registered in your home state and be valid thoughout the US. States can set laws for insurance minimums or should make it mandatory/finable if you don't belong to or pay club dues that help cover trail maintenance if you want to care to ride in the state.

--
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	101_0168.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	251.4 KB 
ID:	160684Well I am ready!

--
    Looks sweet!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //