//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Best way to clean a metal gas can?

--
    Codyrosa what did you use to patch it? I have one or two small holes.

--
    Hey Matt, I used JB Stick to patch them up. Make sure the tank is warm and make sure no gas is coming through the hole. Then knead the JB stick for awhile and get your fingers wet, press the JB on the hole and patch it up. Hope I helped and Good luck!

--
    Thank you that's what I bought

--
    Make sure you do NOT.. i repeat DO NOT get any gas on the JB stick as you will just waste it.. you dont know how many times I put the stick on the tank and flipped my tank over for gas to just get all over the stuff... it will never get hard lol and becomes useless. So its best to let it sit for 20-30 minutes until it gets hard. Also make sure you do it either in a warm house or get a heat lamp like I did. The stuff works great as long as you let it sit properly. Once again good luck to you!

fastatc70 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    I had a real bad atc70 tank that was sealed befor I got it. I sent it to the local radiator shop. 50 bucks and they cleaned, sand blasted and sealed with red coat. They warranty there work.

Best 50 bucks I have spent.

I tried everything to remove the rust before the radiator shop. I have sent them 4 tanks now and they all come out perfect

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //