//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: ATC 125 Trunk Lid

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Howdy View Post
    I heard the straps are being repo'd as well.
    Howdy
    They sure are.... LOL

Now what about this lid? Any repo goodness yet?
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    1984 Honda ATC200ES "Big Red"
    1982 ATC200E "Hondie"
    1988 TRX300FW "Project Quad" Still in progress....

Howdy is offline Putting Priorities in Order, Busier than ever. Catch me if you can
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by kb0nly View Post
    They sure are.... LOL

Now what about this lid? Any repo goodness yet?
    The straps should be ready first and te lids not long after. My boy is finalizing the molds on them. I'm working on a older project and hope to finish them soon.
    Howdy

--
    Awesome! Can't wait to see them.
    1982 ATC200E "Hondie"

Howdy is offline Putting Priorities in Order, Busier than ever. Catch me if you can
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by kb0nly View Post
    Awesome! Can't wait to see them.
    The strap mold is being tested right now. It's a 3 piece mold designed to keep the mold lines the same as the original mold lines.
    We are molding a couple straps with different material to get an idea on what material to go with. We visited "Da Master Molder" this past Saturday to get some ideas, and learn some new techniques. I was able to teach / show "Da Master Molder" a very slight amount myself. LOL

Here is the mold for the strap:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a125mStrapMold01.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	31.5 KB 
ID:	163833Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a125mStrapMold02.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	32.6 KB 
ID:	163834Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a125mStrapMold03.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	39.0 KB 
ID:	163835Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a125mStrapMold10.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	40.5 KB 
ID:	163832Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a125mStrapMold08.jpg 
Size:	37.1 KB 
ID:	163840

Name:	a125mStrapMold06.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	38.8 KB 
ID:	163838Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a125mStrapMold07.jpg 
Size:	36.0 KB 
ID:	163839Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a125mStrapMold05.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	41.1 KB 
ID:	163837Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a125mStrapMold04.jpg 
Size:	43.0 KB 
ID:	163836Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a125mStrapMold09.jpg 
Size:	42.8 KB 
ID:	163841

Next Reply The lid mold.
    Last edited by Howdy; 02-26-2013 at 08:36 PM.

--
    Here is last pictures I took of the lid mold as I was prep'ing it up:

Name:	a125mTrunkLidMold02.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	48.2 KB 
ID:	163846Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a125mTrunkLidMold03.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	48.8 KB 
ID:	163847Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a125mTrunkLidMold04.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	46.6 KB 
ID:	163848Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a125mTrunkLidMold01.jpg 
Size:	59.1 KB 
ID:	163845Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a125mTrunkLidMold05.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	69.7 KB 
ID:	163849Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a125mTrunkLidMold06.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	72.8 KB 
ID:	163844

I tried something new to me with this prep work. I put a clay strip around the outer enge of the part instead of claying the entire back / bottom side. This is / was a HUGE gamble because if there was even a tiny crack the hollow part of the mold could fill with mold material. Not only would this be a pain to clean up, the mold material is NOT CHEAP. I poured the mold last Week and let it sit for a few days to cure ( good size mold ). Saturday "Da Master Molder" and myself flipped the mold and inspected how it turned out. We found the cavity leaked. How ever it was only a small amount 25-40 grams ( wewwwwww ).

First 1/2 of the mold looks pretty good. Next step is to Pour the other 1/2 of the mold. I was Calculating the mold material needed for this pour and found I don't quite have enough on hand ( I need a whole bucket just in case ). So I placed a rather large order for more materials. It should be here Thursday and I will be ready and waiting to pour it.

While I am waiting on those materials I will be working on my other more pressing project ( I needed input from "Da Master Molder" ). I do have enough material for that pour, so I will be tinkering on it for a while. I should be able to complete one of those molds.

The material for the final parts are on order. I haven't gotten a delivery date on it yet, but I am hoping for Thursday.

Once these 4 molds are finilazed and parts are getting tested, I will then get back to the P3 emblems. I got schooled by "Da Master Molder" last Saturday on a easier way to do this style part. I can't wait to get a new mold made and to test this Proven technique out with the new material I have coming.
    Howdy

--
    Unbelievable...I'm relatively new to this site, and didn't realize that there's someone out there that's actually manufacturing plastic/rubber parts. This is way to cool.
    1985 Honda ATC 250ES
    1985 Honda ATC 250SX
    1984 Honda ATC 200M
    1983 Honda ATC 200
    1984 Honda ATC 110

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Big G View Post
    Unbelievable...I'm relatively new to this site, and didn't realize that there's someone out there that's actually manufacturing plastic/rubber parts. This is way to cool.
    "Da Master Molder" has been doing it for a few years now. Their eye for detail is beyond most peoples.
    Howdy
    Last edited by Howdy; 02-26-2013 at 10:46 PM.

--
    This is good news. It's nice to have a source for items no longer produced by Honda. I'd like to buy a trunk lid and strap for my 1985 Honda ATC 110 as soon as they become available.

--
    Thats awesome Howdy! Definitely put me on the list of a lid and strap to when it gets done. Most likely that will turn into a sample to show to others and generate some more orders for you. Have you made any estimate on the cost of the strap and lid yet? I know we are still early in the game here just asking to tantalize some 110 owners.
    1982 ATC200E "Hondie"

--
    You guys are unbelievable at re-popping these things. I got to see John's workshop first hand and it is noting short of amazing. The amount of time and effort put in by these folks is fantastic. Thanks for keeping us in discontinued parts guys!
    RIP - Yamahondaman!! You will never be forgotten!
    RIP - Sam Brehm!! Gone but NEVER forgotten!
    RIP - Sandpuppi101 - You will live on in my mind - I miss you friend!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by atctim View Post
    You guys are unbelievable at re-popping these things. I got to see John's workshop first hand and it is noting short of amazing. The amount of time and effort put in by these folks is fantastic. Thanks for keeping us in discontinued parts guys!
    I seen it too ( +Da Master Molder and her helper John )!!
    It's a little room but with MEGA side idea's and ability!!!
    Howdy

--

Plan B

LOL, when she finally runs me out of the hobby room I reckon I will take over her sewing room and get started sub-contracting trike covers for Tattool

Nice work Howdy. Following along with great interest !

Name:	sewing room 1.jpg 
Size:	243.8 KB 
ID:	163929
    Last edited by jeswinehart; 02-27-2013 at 10:25 PM.

--
    Update: been a rather messed up day today. Supplies didn't come as expected ( wasn't even shipped yet ). May just switch companies for product in the future. Takes longer to get, but they ship when they say they will so I can schedule stuff better.
    Howdy

--

Tool box lid update

A little update to Howdys update (that make sense???) ,,,,
    Howdy was over to our place this week end and dropped off the main mold for Liway to run some production with.
    Time is a very precious commodity for anyone, especially a fella who works full time, raising a teenage son, has a full blown house remolded project going on, well Howdy entrusted a very valuable mold for Liway to do sub work for him.
    I have a couple of big projects coming up very soon myself so there was no way I wanted any more mold work, besides Liway is getting better at this stuff then I am.
    So after sharing info about the mold that Howdy has already learned, she hit the hobby room and got started on her first go at the mold. Pulled her first part this morning that too me looked just awesome. It needs to set for a day or two for final cross linking (cure)before it gets the excess flash trimmed off.
    I just wanted to get it out there (hope you don't mind me doing so Howdy) that this project is still coming along, just not as fast as anyone would like it too be but this sort of work is fun, but time consuming.

Name:	Howdy lid 1.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	261.3 KB 
ID:	168401Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Howdy lid 2.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	242.8 KB 
ID:	168402Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Howdy lid 4.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	239.4 KB 
ID:	168403

--
    I pull 5 parts that look like swiss cheese and Liway pulls a good one first time. It only goes to show who's the "Master Molder".
    This part malkes me happy but very upset at the same time. Glad she was able to do it, upset that I couldn't.

Sooo Yipieee argggggggggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Howdy

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //