//ArrowChat Code
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Short track gas tank production feeler

robertc is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Interesting stuff Anthony! Look forward to seeing this progress.
    1986 ATC 250R
    1986 ATC 250SX
    1987 Big Red
    1984 ATC 70
    1983 ALT 50

--
    Man, that fuel tank blew my mind. New technology making our old 3 wheelers last longer!!

ONEBAD350X is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    awesome work man!!! Everything looks great!!
    85 350X
    85 330R
    85 250R
    86 250R
    86 200X
    86 200X

--
    Blog Entries
    Thanks guys. First scale tank sold already.
    I heard that Konica Minolta who did the scans was getting out of 3d scanning. So called to see about purchasing the laser scanner. Found out it was originally $80,000. But sale price was 25k. Still way out of my reach. I am looking into other scanning options.

--
    Blog Entries
    Well an update on stuff...I sold a few model tanks. Got different colors in now, and starting to print some really good looking AND functional stuff.

Got a few more price quotes on producing tanks, and they are all out of this world. The best so far is shapeways. Soon enough it will be within reason, or I am going to build my own printing machine capable of making these.

In the meantime, check these out:

--
    Blog Entries
    Yes I will be selling custom fork caps! Don't know about gas caps yet, haven't figured out if 2 of the filaments I have are fuel proof yet, been so darn busy. So a Billy if your reading this, I should open a store here?

--
    Just a question, has anyone tried asking clark if they have any interest in making these? Then we can flood them with emails like the tecate gas tanks?
    An F-16 turned the after burners on and banked HARD over my house, I ran outside grabbed my Bud Light and Yelled as loud as I could................

GIT IT RAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"MR.Clean"

New 10 inch wheel buy http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...12#post1258412

--
    Blog Entries
    They probably would, and it would be a minimum order, and who knows what it would cost. This process WILL work and once it becomes cost effective enough (about even now) you don't have to do group buys, or special orders. Another cool feature is I could alter the shape of the tank. Why would I want to do that? For instance, last ice season I ran Menthanol. But I could only get 12 minutes of hard running out of a tank. I could make the tank bigger to hold more fuel, yet still have the demensions on the frame so I could get the short track steering. There is so many possibilities. There will be color choice as well.

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    Please keep us in the loop...I recently dreamed up an idea on re-producing these also that I'm pretty sure could be made to work, but I don't have any of the equipment or experience in the process to make it happen personally.

--
    Blog Entries
    Been working hard on 3D printing all along. Getting ever so closer to printing out at least the shrouds. In the meantime I have put up a web-site with a store with all the products I have created so far for the ATC. Much more to come in the future. I also figured out how to print bushings in polyurethane, and have printed the square bushings that hold the rear fenders up. Held up to several 90mph runs on the ice, and a whole season of ice racing. The process isn't perfected yet, so the bushings are a little rough. Once I get some free time to build a custom extruder for it, I will post some pictures and add the product to my store. I will be able to produce all the bushings and a reasonable price. So check out the web-site, register so you can receive updates on new products, and spread the word!
    www.apshobbies.com
    thanks guys.

--
    subscribed and link now in my favorites.
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

ONEBAD350X is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    cool great work! cant wait to see more stuff! great job
    85 350X
    85 330R
    85 250R
    86 250R
    86 200X
    86 200X

--
    Ever think about white 350x headlight shells? Several people have made them but I always seem to miss the boat.
    The prices on your site seem very reasonable.
    Last edited by Blown 331; 05-03-2014 at 02:23 PM.

--
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blown 331 View Post
    Ever think about white 350x headlight shells? Several people have made them but I always seem to miss the boat.
    The prices on your site seem very reasonable.
    Yes, I will get to a lot of the parts we need. Problem is that professional scanning ($80,000 scanner) cost big bucks. I would like to start getting a return on my investment before I sink a lot more money into it. But this will all happen in the very near future, so look forward to it

--
    Blog Entries
    So I designed the nylon bushing that goes between the seat and frame that Honda no longer makes. Register for my website to receive updates as I add stuff. Lot's of goodies coming!

http://apshobbies.com/index.php/stor...o-frame-detail

he bushing is printed from 12-64 nylon. This filament just hit the market weeks ago, and I am a tester for it. Very good stuff. Took me months to get to this point of being able to produce high quality parts that we can use!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20140505_110309.jpg   20140505_110415.jpg  

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //