//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 1989 Cougar 500 Carburetors

--

1989 Cougar 500 Carburetors

I took my carbs off 2 years ago to clean them after a few mice made the air box their home during the off season. After cleaning them, but before reassembly I seemed to have misplaced them. Now i'm in the market to buy the pair. Anyone know of websites, people, junkyards where I can find them for a reasonable price. Thanks.
    riding my cousin's '83 250R & '84 200X...R.I.P.
    Just bought an '84 YTM 125
    my '84 200S
    my nephews '85 Tri Zinger 60
    my wifes '83 ATC 110
    owned an '85 & '86 200X
    always looking for a 350X!

Take a second and look at the tag...Is it Made in America? Do your best to make sure it is before you buy it.

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Best bet is probably craigslist or ebay
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

--
    I have a set that would feed it,,but they're off an older Tigre. So,no oil injection. You would have to premix : (( $120 shipped,,cleaned and ready.
    Please help those who cannot help themselves.

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

Gun laws do not stop criminals. BULLETS do.

--
    Thanks anyway atc007. I'd like to keep the oil injection goin'.

Craigslist and fleabay were the first that i tried with no luck. I'll keep checkin.
    my '84 200S
    my wifes '83 ATC 110
    owned an '85 & '86 200X

Take a second and look at the tag...Is it Made in America? Do your best to make sure it is before you buy it.

--
    I have an 88 or 89 Cougar have to check for sure. I would pull the carbs and ship them to you for $100.00. Sled runs. Send me a pm or email if you want them.
    Rebuilding and riding trikes everyday and lovin every minute.

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...light=pipeline

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 1tonofsh!t View Post
    I took my carbs off 2 years ago to clean them after a few mice made the air box their home during the off season. After cleaning them, but before reassembly I seemed to have misplaced them. Now i'm in the market to buy the pair. Anyone know of websites, people, junkyards where I can find them for a reasonable price. Thanks.
    You try Al's ??
    http://www.alssnowmobile.com/

--
    Pipeline, had i revisited this post i would've bought them from you. I just purchased them from a salvage yard in upstate NY 2 weeks ago.

The next obsticle is that after tearing the carbs down 1 has a 25 pilot jet and the other has a 50. I ride in approx 1000' altitude. Anyone have an educated guess on where to start or know what these carbs came with in this region or similar altitude. Thanks.
    my '84 200S
    my wifes '83 ATC 110
    owned an '85 & '86 200X

--
    Alright...just phoned the guys over at Oneonta Arctic Cat. Those guys know their sh!t. He said a factory size was a 35 jet and that's good from sea level to 2000'. Already purchased them from Dennis Kirk. I will post the outcome after I install then test drive. Talk to you soon.
    my '84 200S
    my wifes '83 ATC 110
    owned an '85 & '86 200X

--
    Make sure you align/synch your injector pump. Super easy to do, 2 lines to line up. Overlook it and blow up lol. Also spray ether around both crank seals to verify no air leaks and just a general grease/service. Clutch clean/lube,and you'll have a blast this season.
    Please help those who cannot help themselves.

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

Gun laws do not stop criminals. BULLETS do.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //