//ArrowChat Code
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: My 86 250R ice racer has evolved again! This time it's a monster!

--
    Meet my nemisis........

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	254.5 KB 
ID:	161789

--
    Holy studs!! That looks like a hell of a man cave as well!! When shall you and your nemesis settle the score???? I wanna see that video. Heard the puma on that clip...... I keep playing it at work and turning the volume up for the quad guys at work....lol..... that would be a bad ass ringtone Chris!!
    HEY YOU WORM PICKERS..QUIT PICKIN' MY WORMS!
    Owner of the world' widest atc plow
    Builder of 3 wheeler accessories such as Big Red suspension sidecars,Big red's with full roofs, 3 wheeler elevators, and NOS powered 2 speed tri zingers

"Hold my beer.......watch this sh@# !!!!!!

--
    I should have taken more pictures. He has a nice man cave!! The best one I know of. He's running a stroker banshee and with it fully lowered, it rips! Thanks for the compliments. I rode it this weekend. It pulls and pulls, but is a mo-fo to kick over.

--
    Blog Entries
    so maybe a lemans start at ICEFEST then,,,,, LMAO!!!

--
    I am 'roiding up my right leg as we speak. Lol.

--
    Blog Entries
    yea Lemans start and 100 laps.

I think both me and Chris got more tired trying to start our trikes than riding them. My right toe is all messed up so I actually have to get on the trike backwards and kick with my left. I bruised the back of leg on the gas tank. I told Chris we should design a windup starter lol.

--
    Blog Entries
    enjoying the ice while we can.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bitches posing.jpg  

--
    Love the way it turned out... I will be pimping out those pics soon lol

Hows that puma run??

--
    The motor revs quicker than I thought it would which is great. It just keeps revving when you top it out. It's funny, with 15/33 gears in 6th gear, it's asking for another gear. It's a big difference from the 330. Starting is tough, but I have been talking with a couple other Puma owners and I have a couple solutions to try.

I ran out of time to fine tune it as I kept running into new issues, so it has not been on the dyno yet. It will have to wait until the spring and be good enough for the next couple weeks. We plan to be racing this weekend, so we will see how it does against the modded quads. Last week there were a couple quick bikes, but I didn't get to race as I was breaking the motor in and still messing with carb issues. I now have the Lectron close and at the end of the day it ran well.

Your pipe seems to pull throughout the rpm range, but I will know more this weekend. Ice has been tough to come by this year, so I only have 2 days on the new set up. I will let you know more.

--

Views:	53 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	221468

Views:	55 
Size:	1.50 MB 
ID:	221469

NOS 86 gears that have been magnafluxed, heat treated, cryo frozen and given a 5 degree back cut. On the ice, it's topping out the gears it has now. I'm currently running 88 TRX Yukon gears with a 16/33 sprocket combo. It can pull more. The 5th and 6th on the 86 transmission are taller than the 88-89 so I should have more top end for those high speed drag races you stumble into from time to time.

For the times I run into guys like this on a Banshee who want to drag race "for sh&#s and giggles". I beat this guy pretty bad, but you never know! Please excuse the long warm up. It was cold that day and my bike was sitting for a while.

--
    Any updated pics of the bike?

--
    Not yet. It's coming apart now.

tecaterob is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    How hp did it have when you took into the dyno??
    3 86 Tecate 3
    1 87 tecate 3 (with kx 540 motor)
    1 87 tecate 4 (with 330 motor, 250r geometry)
    1 83 atc 70
    1 Kfx 50
    1 kfx 400 ( with 470 parting out bike)
    1 78 KZ 1000 ( with 1340 turbo)
    1 Aprilia SXV 550 Supermoto
    1 01 ZRX 1200 prostreet (sold)

--
    Never made it to the dyno yet. I've got 3 kids in sports so this thing sits until the ice comes each year. I need to do that and dial it in.

I got a new pipe from Arlen a couple weeks ago.... The chrome is a standard LED big bore pipe, the hand coned one is the new one.

Views:	86 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	223533

Views:	87 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	223534

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    Arlan builds some sick pipes....love how his stuff turns out

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //