//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: My 86 250R ice racer has evolved again! This time it's a monster!

--
    The intake is a 2 1/2 inch tube to the carb which is just barely larger than the carb's intake diameter
    . It turns at a 30 degree angle and opens up to a 4" intake at a 30 degree angle. I tried to fit a 5" filter, but then I could not run an air box and you will want a box in wet, snowy conditions. The air box fits under the frame instead of between the rails for more space for the air cleaner to breathe.

The radiators are PWR Oversize.
    Last edited by ChrisD; 01-24-2013 at 06:51 AM.

--
    The battle plastics and studs are on. A couple last minute items and I am ready to go. Lets hope the souh end of the lake is ready for some carving!!!!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	249.8 KB 
ID:	161619 Click image for larger version. 

Views:	144 
Size:	251.5 KB 
ID:	161620

--
    Airbox....
    Click image for larger version. 

Views:	122 
Size:	253.0 KB 
ID:	161679Click image for larger version. 

Views:	129 
Size:	250.7 KB 
ID:	161687Click image for larger version. 

Views:	121 
Size:	247.5 KB 
ID:	161688

--
    Chris not sure where your from but theres races at Sport Island Pub on Sacanda Lake this sunday. Trikes are welcome they have a class for them. Electric City Riders is putting it on.

--
    Too bad...I would love to do it. I live in Mayland now and to drive 7 hours for a one day race is tough. We will be near or on Greenwood Lake depending on which lake is frozen well. Thanks for the heads up. NYTRO may be interested though. How many threewheelers do you think would be there?

--
    Blog Entries

--
    just keep looking at this thread, turned out awesome! One thing though, how is your coolant line touching the pipe? I didnt have clearance issues with my inframe, is it just because of the size of the top end? And I only have mine secured down on the front of the cradle with one mount, i dont have the mount attached at the spine/backbone. I do have the silencer attached at the back of the frame but the entire system is only attached in two spots on the bike if i recall correctly. Is that all you have on yours? Your pipe turned out amazing looking with the coating too!
    TrikeFest 07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14 SandPuppie's Ride 07,08,09 Imperial Invasion 09, 13

--
    If you come to Raffa's Chris i will race you with my SX! Just dont start yours k?

--
    just keep looking at this thread, turned out awesome! One thing though, how is your coolant line touching the pipe? I didnt have clearance issues with my inframe, is it just because of the size of the top end? And I only have mine secured down on the front of the cradle with one mount, i dont have the mount attached at the spine/backbone. I do have the silencer attached at the back of the frame but the entire system is only attached in two spots on the bike if i recall correctly. Is that all you have on yours? Your pipe turned out amazing looking with the coating too!
    Thanks Jason. The problem is the size of the intake. The Puma cylinder uses a CR500 intake. It's huge. The pipe is just 1/2 inch too close. It will lay on it, but i reinforced the hose and heat taped it. I had to do that before so it should be fine. I have my pipe mounted the same exact way you do. Another problem point for me is the shroud. The short track shrouds are larger and get close to the pipe. I bent the radiator bracket to get it away from the pipe, but i will have to keep an eye on it. I may get a set of DC shrouds and cut them so they are away from the pipe. I had the pipe ceramic coated to retain the heat in the pipe. It would look way cooler all chromed out, but I was going more for performance than pretty here. Either way the pipe had to be coated. Racing in ice and snow means lots of moisture and rust if you don't protect it.

If you come to Raffa's Chris i will race you with my SX! Just dont start yours k?
    I hope to be there. I have an SX too. We can race those.

--
    Insane build Chris! Can't wait to see this thing on the ICE! Just hope I can keep up!!
    SAY IT!!!!!
    85 1/2 Tri-Z - The Trail Bike w/Inverts
    85 Tri-Z - The wifes Bike
    85 Tri-Z - The MX/ICE Bike, 310 w/Inverts
    12 Tri-Shee - The Flat Track/TT Bike w/Inverts

NYTRO - New York Trike Racing Outlaws - COME GIT SOME!

ONEBAD350X is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    yes dont let it ruin that stock ST shroud!! nice build!
    85 350X
    85 330R
    85 250R
    86 250R
    86 200X
    86 200X

--
    Ok - only if you let me put my plow on mine to...can act as an airfoil

--
    2013 Plow Fest!!! I like it!

--
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisd View Post
    2013 plow fest!!! I like it!
    no!!! Lol

--
    Hahahahaha!!! LMFAO. Just stay cold...no snow. That snow was rough.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //