//ArrowChat Code
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: kawasaki factory r and d engineer and rider

--
    Quote Originally Posted by barnett468 View Post
    it's a free world do what ever makes you happy! i explained my junk statement for you. i certainly could have taken more time to explain it or in my original post. i also could have used a different term but i think i've sufficiently explained myself. however in the interest of keeping peace with some potentially overly sensitive people i will refrain from using it again and find a suitable substitute. they just really ______ me and everyone else off at kawi us with that one,. ok?

PS i see you are from michigan same place i am.

thanks
    Its not about overly sensitive people, its simply about showing a little respect to others that do not ride the brand of machine that you like. You seem to get a little defensive when you got called out. I am not trying to start trouble just calling things as I see it

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by 85drag250r View Post
    Its not about overly sensitive people, its simply about showing a little respect to others that do not ride the brand of machine that you like. You seem to get a little defensive when you got called out. I am not trying to start trouble just calling things as I see it
    if you read all my posts very carefully including the one in question you will see jeswinehart had absolutely no reason to say what he did with the tone tone that he did. i know you all love him here that's ok but he could have addressed his concern in a much more courteous, and mature way. i can't imagine any responsible adult especially with children would act that way or want to teach their children to react that way.

i like all machines so it's impossible for me to get defensive about anyone bashing anything i have ridden. there's no logic to it. again it would really be helpful to look at all my posts again.

here's the problem with your comment i like kawi's i designed kawi's i raced kawi's i called one kawi model that i did not approve for production, junk because it was ill handling on an mx course at race speed and did not meet the US kawi corp level of performance for their specific target market. US kawi told me what they expected, i along with the 6 other people i mentioned in the post you must not have read said it was "junk". this was their term also, i didn't invent it.

just ben was already kind enough and man enough to apologize to me but i don't expect some others will.

I had all the respect in the world for dean sundahl and so did everyone at kawi, along with jimmy they were the greatest 3 wheel riders i have ever seen.

i also previously posted i would refrain from using the junk word anymore. i've done all i can.

PS - i was bashing my own brand anyway not a honda! besides i was going to work for honda and raced a suzuki quad too while working at kawi. no one else seems to be bothered by that post however they may have read my other posts too.
    Last edited by barnett468; 01-31-2013 at 12:47 AM.

--
    Just want to clear up some things you said about me over on KR's. You kind of made a joke about me not going to the races that Dean,Jimmy,Donnie,Marty ect.ect. did so I won races because none of the top riders were there, so it was easy to win "like you did",which is so far from the truth. I only went to the big races so I could race against the top guys,but I raced the 200 class against Curtis,Tommy,Stevie,Mark,Jimmy ect. ect.,but when Jimmy ,Marty,Coe or any of the other top 10 250 riders raced in the 200 class I won most of the races. I think Jimmy won one race in Alaska,and maybe a heat race, but I won the championships.

Unless you are Mike Preston (head of R&D) I don't know who you are and the others I have talked to don't remember who you were either. Why you don't want to tell anyone you name seems a little odd when any other well known person on here doesn't have a problem with saying who they are. I haven't seen one thing you did that ever went to production.The guys I have met at Kawasaki that do their jet ski/ATV testing are for the most part young kids that are getting their foot in the door and do pretty much what ever they are asked to. Including washing the bikes,changing oil in the police bikes or other wrench turning duties. By the way you write on here I couldn't see you writing up any reports to do with R&D to any of the Japaneses engineers,I know mine had to be done by Reid.I have kept working with Kawasaki over the past years helping them come back to ATV racing,built projects to bring to market like the 700 V-Force,and even ran their GNCC race team. Everyone pretty much knows what I did and keep doing so it's no be secret,and I post pics of everything I have pics of,or it was in the magazines. Back in 97' Kawasaki gave me 5 different quads just to do magazine articles on.

Not trying to bad mouth you but these guys are sharp on here and they know the ATC history pretty good,even corrected me on things I didn't even remember.

Matrix is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Dunlap View Post
    Why you don't want to tell anyone you name seems a little odd when any other well known person on here doesn't have a problem with saying who they are.
    Im Chris Andrews and I like to party,

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Matrix View Post
    Im Chris Andrews and I like to party,
    i have clearly stated that in my previois posts which you obviously haven't read. i will not waste my time answering it again. you may be well known to someone somewhere but i have never heard of you. perhaps you could tell me what you have done that one might know you for. did you design bikes, work in rd, beat lots of people in the pro class like mickey and jimmy. sorry but i just can't place your name. now if you ever have a reasonable question that is not intentionally designed to incite or provoke someone i would be glad to answer it.

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by barnett468 View Post
    now if you ever have a reasonable question that is not intentionally designed to incite or provoke someone i would be glad to answer it.
    Who the F are you?
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Welcome sir

--
    Where do you live in Minnesota? I seen in an earlier post you said you were from Michigan, or is that where you were born? Thanks.
    THE 80's RAGE! Currently owns:
    81, 85 Yamaha Tri Moto 125
    83 Yamaha Tri Moto 200 x2
    82,83 Yamaha Tri Moto 175 project
    85 Yamaha Tri Z 250
    84 Kawasaki Tecate 250
    84 Honda ATC 70
    85 Honda ATC 350X
    84 Honda ATC 250R
    (2) 84 Honda ATC 200x
    82, 83 Honda ATC 185s
    81 ATC 200
    Lots of other parts and bikes

--
    Just want to clear up some things you said about me over on KR's. You kind of made a joke about me not going to the races that Dean,Jimmy,Donnie,Marty ect.ect. did so I won races because none of the top riders were there, so it was easy to win "like you did",which is so far from the truth. I only went to the big races so I could race against the top guys,but I raced the 200 class against Curtis,Tommy,Stevie,Mark,Jimmy ect. ect.,but when Jimmy ,Marty,Coe or any of the other top 10 250 riders raced in the 200 class I won most of the races. I think Jimmy won one race in Alaska,and maybe a heat race, but I won the championships.

Unless you are Mike Preston (head of R&D) I don't know who you are and the others I have talked to don't remember who you were either. Why you don't want to tell anyone you name seems a little odd when any other well known person on here doesn't have a problem with saying who they are. I haven't seen one thing you did that ever went to production.The guys I have met at Kawasaki that do their jet ski/ATV testing are for the most part young kids that are getting their foot in the door and do pretty much what ever they are asked to. Including washing the bikes,changing oil in the police bikes or other wrench turning duties. By the way you write on here I couldn't see you writing up any reports to do with R&D to any of the Japaneses engineers,I know mine had to be done by Reid.I have kept working with Kawasaki over the past years helping them come back to ATV racing,built projects to bring to market like the 700 V-Force,and even ran their GNCC race team. Everyone pretty much knows what I did and keep doing so it's no be secret,and I post pics of everything I have pics of,or it was in the magazines. Back in 97' Kawasaki gave me 5 different quads just to do magazine articles on.

Not trying to bad mouth you but these guys are sharp on here and they know the ATC history pretty good,even corrected me on things I didn't even remember.

below is the quote i responded to that made mickey unhappy. i did not initiate the comment or write the post you see, this is someone elses opinion of mickey who has apparantly either heard mickey talk or has read some interviews by him. i never met or remember seeing mickey at a race. my response was meant to be humorous not intentionally mean i even made fun if myself in my reply. geez

"Lol..... To hear Mickey talk he's always had the fastest machines and has won all the races.

BFWDP"

hey mickey i'll bet you a beer i get at least 10 hate posts for this so here we go.

1. first i APOLOGiZE quite clearly to you for whatever exactly i said that upset you. ok? now since i did not initiate or write the comment above why aren't you blasting the instigator, doesn't seem fair to me.

though i never saw you race i of course heard and read about you and i acknowledge that you were an xln't 200 cc rider where others were not. now this begs the question, the 250 is the premier class, they are much faster and harder to hang on to so since you were obviously so good in the 200 class why didn't you step up to the 250 class. you were a big guy, if 16 year old 100 lb chris white could win there i would guess you could too?

ok i think you have been quite unfair with some of your other comments so i feel i should be allowed to correct the record.

2. from mickey - "Unless you are Mike Preston (head of R&D) I don't know who you are". preston or "prez" as we called him. you either never asked him about me or he has alzheimers or is simply lying which i can't imagine him doing however he doesn't like me. very long peyton place story. i will say nothing bad about him. as far as him being head of r/d he never was while i was there. he started as a motorcycle test rider then got transferred to road race dept. he was hired a month after i was and his mechanic station was 20 feet away from me. i saw him virtually every day the entire time i worked there. the spy photo i mentioned above shows him as the other rider next to me. the article is posted below just google his name. so unless they rehired him there is a flaw in your story. jim was the r/d manager the entire time i was there. ama motocross legend and best friends with world 500 cc champ brad lackey.

ARTICLE

Kawasaki road race team manager Mike Preston was cut loose yesterday at Kawasaki, the long-time Kawasaki employee losing his job as part of a company reorganization that was announced today, according to Kawasaki public relations manager Jan Plessner.

"The company had a reorganization and nearly every division was affected and almost every department as well," Plessner said.

Preston had run the AMA road racing team since it was brought in-house following the Rob Muzzy era of Superbike racing. Prior to being the road race manager, Preston ran the Kawasaki factory Jet Ski team and prior to that he was in the testing department.

Thus far there have been no announcements as to who will replace Preston or if he will be replaced at all. The road race team was farmed out this season to Attack Kawasaki once the decision was made to stop Superbike racing and concentrate on the new Daytona SportBike class"

from mickey - "I don't know who you are and the others I have talked to don't remember who you were either". the other guys you might have talked to there are too new to know me all the old crowd is long gone with the possible exception of the jet ski mechanic/tester. last name starts with L and he is stocky and nearly bald. i love that guy, my best friend there. the following is a list of other people you did not talk to or probably even meet because neither you nor anyone else was allowed into r/d unless either i, jim or someone else in r/d authorized it. i never personnally authorized because no one ever asked me to therefore i probably wasn't there if you ever did get in. i let jimmy and donnie in, and any team green guys that would ask but i was supposed to cover up all new unrealesed atv's prior to that. i also posted earlier that any doubters could call jimmy or donnie. i'm pretty sure that if you are as connected as you say to kawi you could easily get there number and call them. did you read that post? did you try to call them? i din't care that you or some others knoiw who i am. i don't mind telling some stories for those that are xurious however i don't want to make up a sign like your "3WW star mickey dunlap" to get attention. jimmy, donnie and chris have never have done something like that but they were pretty humble too and didn't want or need the notariety and neither do i.

3. short list of additional contacts mostly first names only

jim r/d manager, preston current status unknown, jerry sole new concept designer, "L" from jet ski dept, james team green mgr you should certainly know him, bruce team green mgr before james, strickland jet ski racing mgr organized jet ski stunts for kostner's water world movie, kenny machine shop welder fabricator, dan hired 3 months after me worked ten feet from me everyday untill he left for honda, ken worked directly with me untill he went to honda r/d in 84, gary pr dept went to honda around 86, jim machinist left for honda i think in 85, rob road race engine builder quit to do his own thing, i'll stop for now.

4. from mickey - "I haven't seen one thing you did that ever went to production". this is a ridiculous comment since you don't know who i am. you as well as most everyone here has seen most of the vehicles i worked on. i'll make it simple every kawi every atv produced from 1983-1988 including not only the tecate you were racing but also the 86 model which i was sent to japan to do a simple suspension test on and ended up re engineering at least 40% of the thing. the prototype was "unacceptable for production. i also hand built an entire prototype jet ski, and designed and built the prototype flotation enhanser nose for the "sinking" jet ski in the watercraft "jet ski" fabricating room upstairs that over looks the "prison" courtyard which houses the cinder block dyno/mts room and jet ski test tank. ow. i was also on the police bike team assigned to trying to replicate and subsequently fix the purported high speed wobble they had. ask your good friend preston about that experience. no matter what our differences may have been i have to say that he and jim had huge ____s. we went to riverside raceway and he and jim had to go 100 mph on it then take their hands off the handle bars and hit the end to induce a wobble and then count how many times it wobbled. not for me!

5. from mickey - "By the way you write on here I couldn't see you writing up any reports to do with R&D to any of the Japaneses engineers,I know mine had to be done by Reid". there are two possible reasons you were not allowed to write your own reports. first you are probably not a professional report writer like i was however i don't know if you are or not. secondly they want them to originate from one source that was employed by kawi. the main reason for this is that the japanese engineers get used to reading a particular style of writing and want it to remain consistent. not only did i write all my own technical reports i was so good at it that i was aske by the head of r/d to write some of his as well as danny's and prestons. i also wrote some for jerry the head of new concepts. i included highly detailed drawings and graphs when necessary.

6. from mickey - "I have kept working with Kawasaki over the past years helping them come back to ATV racing,built projects to bring to market like the 700 V-Force", i am not going to dispute because i have no proof to the cxontrary so all i can say for a fact is this. with the exception of the protype t4 and jet ski built along with several other secret concept projects i worked on and built for jerry all protype machines originated in japan without exception. so you suggest you personally built the 700 v-force [from paper drawings to actual machine like i did. all i can say to that is congratulations, since i have exactly the same thing i realize how hard it is. you would have to have access to the machine shop [which i don't doubt] and probably used my area downstairs in r/d. you know the one on the end nearest the rear entrance door unless they reconfigured it since. you should also know rick and norm if they were still there.

7. from mickey - "Everyone pretty much knows what I did and keep doing so it's no be secret,and I post pics of everything" Are you saying you have personal photos of PROTOTYPE NON PRODUCTION vehicles, i'm not talking about pre production vehicles, and those photos are in your in your personal possession [not at kawi] and that you were allowed by kawi to post those on the internet and give them to the magazines? during my time i preston or anyonbe else at kawi would have been fired for doing that!. if your claim is true it is just another reflection of how it has changed since i was there.

8. just ben recently made a comment and was nice enough to explain himself and apologized for it. i accepted his apology. however i'm not going to hold my breath waiting from anyone else including you because i don't want to pass out, no matter how much you might want me too.

9. As far as me going to smaller races so I could win, it wasn’t by design. I would have raced every national I could if I had the time and opportunity however my free time was very little since I was so busy working on things at kawi. I guess you are saying the same thing about jimmy too then since he was at some of the smaller races I went to. Oh I forgot to mention the small mickey thompson series race at Pomona where dean went to cherry pick [since he won] and the first ever anaheim stadium quad race that every local hot shoe went to including some guy by the name of gary denton I think, or the small quad series race that i think was called the "golden state series" with all the fastest guys there including that pesky gary denton guy. Oh and I forgot to mention again that little annual perris gp race that Honda thought was so small and insignificant that they brought out all their best available top riders and their big fancy truck with their big huge pop up with space heaters all over and their dancing girls [I actually liked that part] lol, while jimmie, Donnie, james [you should know him] and I had the standard box van and a tiny little pop up that barely had enough room for all of us plus part of the bike and no fancy heaters. The same race that jimmie holeshot and him, Donnie and I won by such a huge margin we had time to eat lunch our before Honda crossed the line? And those little saddleback tt races that marty hart and the whole honda contingency would go to? Yep I did those too oh that’s right most of those were 250 cc races not 200’s.

i hope in the end we can be friends however if you chose not to it's obviously your free choice.

thanks "no name"
    Last edited by barnett468; 01-31-2013 at 01:27 AM.

--
    Mickey didn't pick his user status, it was given to him just like Mike Coe, Driscoll, and a few others by the people who run the website. So it's not a dig for attention, it is clearly earned.

Why do you have such a hard time identifying yourself? I just see you dodging the question and throwing out partial names of other people. Not being a dick, just an honest question. It won't matter to me if you do give your name or not because chances are that I still won't have a clue.

1984 ATC 200XR
    1984 ATC 300R
    1983 ATC 88

Feedback for Mike Pargiello

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Maniac76 View Post
    Welcome sir
    Thank you i apporeciate it. it's a bit more exciting than i expected! don't know what i did but i'm sure there will be plenty that will tell me!

--
    from fabiodriven - "
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Who the F are you?
    "

wow nice fabiodriven, an incendiary question and you were even able to include the suggestion of a profanity in it [or did you just forget how to spell the rest of the word? did you think of that all by yourself or did you plagiarize it from the lyrics of the who song titled "who are you" off their who's next album? lol

just kidding
    Last edited by barnett468; 01-31-2013 at 12:46 AM.

--
    I come on here to share with these guys some of my past 3 wheeling stories for fun and they seem to like it so we all have fun. I'm not going to get into a who's dick is bigger thing with you because I don't care.You just seem a little odd and that's why people are saying the things they are. I called Donnie today like you said to do,and he didn't know,or remember you. That's a little odd,since I told him what race you teamed up with him and Jimmy at, but that's what he said. He told me about Mike being the head or R&D,so talk to him about that. Didn't call Jimmy because he's harder to get a hold of.So it is what it is,carry on.

--
    I come on here to share with these guys some of my past 3 wheeling stories for fun and they seem to like it so we all have fun. I'm not going to get into a who's dick is bigger thing with you because I don't care.You just seem a little odd and that's why people are saying the things they are. I called Donnie today like you said to do,and he didn't know,or remember you. That's a little odd,since I told him what race you teamed up with him and Jimmy at, but that's what he said. He told me about Mike being the head or R&D,so talk to him about that. Didn't call Jimmy because he's harder to get a hold of.So it is what it is,carry on.
    hello mickey

donnie either must have fallen and hit his head or he has alzheimers. what is wrong with him you just might not have explained it to him well. i'll tell you what, if you're that desparate contact jimmie. i'll also email donnie and fix it for you if you want jimmie would be better to ask though. shoot me donnies email in a pm and i can do it tonight. once again preston was NOT ever head of r/d while i was there. donnie didn't even know preston that i know of so i think he may be confusing him with me. it also sounds like he might have been a bit short with you, are you two not on the best of terms? maybe he doesn't like you because you beat him in a 200 race or something.

i'm glad you don't want to make a contest out of it i never even mentioned you here, i've just been happily answering posts and then you chime in. you claim you personally bvuilt the 700v ok i never said you didn't but you come on here and accuse me of this and that and make sarchastic remarks for what reason? i did what i did at kawi and you did what you did whatever that was, i don't care what you did there good for you but for some absolutely totally strange reason you are obsessed about me and my work at kawi and i am clueless as to why. as far as racing goes i'm pretty sure you could easily beat me on a 200 cc so what i have NO EGO to satisfy so i don't care. i am truly happy for you. as i previously posted partying was first racing was second. i gave 1000 percent when i rode but i didn't train however i didn't need to since i was riding 3 days a week at kawi or more. so while i was out chasin girls and drinkin beers you were probably completely dedicated to racing because that was your focus it was not mine.

you say i seem a bit odd, well i'll go along with that. i would say that goat breker and jimmy weinert were a bit odd too so we got along very well.

OK so now i have addressed all your comments and answered all your questions but one because like i said it won't help you. now i still have a few questions you haven't answered. if you wouldn't mind.

1. why aren't you attacking the person that made the original comment to you instead of that you come on here and try to make me look bad why?

2. what about your buddy preston he's just a phone call away? but like i said he doesn't like me so if he has any negative comments they should be taken with an entire bottle of salt.

3. WHEN EXACTLY WAS PRESTON PURPORTEDLY HEAD OF R/D, DOESN'T ANYBODY KNOW?

4. are you saying you don't know who the mgr of team green was while jimmie, donnie and chris rode for them?

5. you also forgot to answer my questions about the prototype photos and the 700v you say you built. just curious about those things.

6. why is it so hard to get a hold of jimmie, he has a phone just call him and he'll call you right back if he wants to talk to you. i'm pretty sure if either james or i left him a message he'd call back pretty quick. maybe he doesn't like you because you beat him on a 200 cc too, i don't know. lol

7. when did you say you signed with team green and what year did you go to team green at the building in irvine/lake forest?

i sure know a lot about kawi for not being who i am and for not ever working there don't i? lol to quote you, "it is what it is".

thanks "the unnamed one"
    Last edited by barnett468; 01-31-2013 at 04:48 AM.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by M.Pargiello View Post
    Mickey didn't pick his user status, it was given to him just like Mike Coe, Driscoll, and a few others by the people who run the website. So it's not a dig for attention, it is clearly earned.

Why do you have such a hard time identifying yourself? I just see you dodging the question and throwing out partial names of other people. Not being a dick, just an honest question. It won't matter to me if you do give your name or not because chances are that I still won't have a clue.

hello mpargielo.

i will gladly answer your question. i explained in a few earlier post why i don't want to reveal my name. the real question should be that since i can guarantee you that no one will know it except for those it will serve you no purpose anyway.

i did not know that about his star but my point is clear he could have them take it down if he wanted but he doesn't he likes the attention. and yes i mentioned in my post that he was fast. he certainly deserves the recognition if he wants it!

the partial names are to protect them from insane people calliing kawi or otherwise trying to find them and bother them. mickey can ask preston who they were, just him knowing is enough.
    Last edited by barnett468; 01-31-2013 at 02:45 AM.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //