//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Icefest 2013, Swap Meet and Trike Show UPDATE! post #57

--
    Raffa, how about adding 1 more class...Big bore? as in 330cc and smaller. I want to be able to race my 310 AND Trish...and we have riverrats 370, Chris's 430, and my Tri-shee coming to run "open class". The big bores (310-330) will be pretty out classed against the bigger open bikes... I think the 250s have a more of a chance against the 310s & 330s, than the 310s & 330s have against the open bikes. Maybe include the 310-330s in 250 class? Just a couple thoughts.
    Last edited by zmpolaristech; 02-05-2013 at 11:09 AM.
    SAY IT!!!!!
    85 1/2 Tri-Z - The Trail Bike w/Inverts
    85 Tri-Z - The wifes Bike
    85 Tri-Z - The MX/ICE Bike, 310 w/Inverts
    12 Tri-Shee - The Flat Track/TT Bike w/Inverts

NYTRO - New York Trike Racing Outlaws - COME GIT SOME!

--
    Blog Entries
    FINELINE kicked in a 3" trash pump... ICEFEST workers .. be prepared to work this weekend..

--
    Blog Entries
    Jon.. thinking of purely doing away with the the unstudded open class, and having a big bore class.. honestly not many will be bringing un studded bikes... and OPEN Riding ... will not be happening. Lots to do wile your out testing and tuneing.......my axle is broke... and two bike need set up.. and will probably happen in a hour..LOL

--
    How much ice this morning?? Get out there and measure.lol........hope it stays cold!!
    HEY YOU WORM PICKERS..QUIT PICKIN' MY WORMS!
    Owner of the world' widest atc plow
    Builder of 3 wheeler accessories such as Big Red suspension sidecars,Big red's with full roofs, 3 wheeler elevators, and NOS powered 2 speed tri zingers

"Hold my beer.......watch this sh@# !!!!!!

--
    Blog Entries
    haven't been out there in two day's.. I'm sure its more than 3" It was moaning last night.. could hear it in the house!

--
    I'm doing the same thing you are...Trash pump flooding my father-in-law's pond so we CAN test and tune...Hoping to have enough ice for the 4-5 of us that will be playing. And don't worry man, its small...like indoor sized track! lol
    SAY IT!!!!!

--
    Raffa i think im looking at a R for my brother on sat, south of syr. I will try to work my way to your place after. I should be able to help out for a bit, going to try to get him to come look at his R and make him help out at your place.
    The Z motor will get to you then or at icefest

MIK6/ Mike
    TECATE RIDER, HASPIN SURVIVOR!!
    Trikefest 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 and beyond
    RAFFAs Ice-fest 09, 10, 11, 13, 14, 15
    Pensyltucky 09, 12, 13, 14, 15
    New England Ride 4/13

--
    Blog Entries
    almost met my maker tonight....learned a few things tonight!!! and I chit myself!!!!!

--
    What did you do???
    86 Tri-Z
    86 Honda 250R,
    84 Tecate

--
    Blog Entries
    running water melts ice.. fast moveing water melts ice faster! so glad I had my cordless spotlight in my hand as I was walkin twards the hose .. to notice a 15' circle of open water ....the pictures you see are the edge of the thicker ice and fresh ice.. yep that close...

--
    Blog Entries
    I was going to mention that running water melts ice. By far I am no expert on this, but I do own a HVAC-R business and have some concepts of the properties of liquids and frozen solids. I also experimented with my tracks and came up with some success.

Adding ice on top of ice is pretty difficult. I haven't really tried yet, so I was kind of watching what you did. But like I mentioned, super cooling the water by spraying a fine mist in the air (air temp needs to be right too) might help it ice up, and not melt it like you did.

What I have had success with is, after plowing after a snow fall, I plunge cut the ice with a chain saw to relieve the pressure. I think you know about this already. But it takes 2-3 nights of temps in the teens to freeze 4" of water on top of the ice.

I don't know how much snow you guys will get, but you might want to pressure relieve the ice and let that water seep up into the snow to build more ice. Granted it will be snow ice, and not favorable for track surface, but it's better than nothing. Sat night is supposed to be 9 here, so it should freeze up.

Just throwing ideas out there, and sharing what I know. I'll be busy this weekend figuring out how to make a track here. 10-18 inches of snow on top of 4" of ice sucks.

--
    Blog Entries
    I didnt want to sound dumb.... just didn't think it would melt a hole on the ice that fast ...LOL glad i was paying attention! BIG Snow storm coming fri!! callin for 2-4

gotta get it built up before then!!

--
    Blog Entries
    Lookin good this morning!

--
    Hey question.... if you flood the ice. Wont that make like a patch of ridable ice? and it we go off that patch itll be WAY less thick than your work?

Should this be something we should mark out?

Im just saying, cause when Im all horny behind the throttle it takes a hot woman or a orange post to make me stop. Or a lime green bud can, or free money. Actually there is alot of things that will make me stop. Touche Raffa!
    RPFLU member and co-owner.
    Hardtails is all we do.
    #NOLINK
    #MAKEHARDTAILSGREATAGAIN
    #SUSPENDTHIS

--
    Raffa, I have been "spraying" the water on our ice...because of the same issue, just letting it run melts ice. Spraying it on back and forth works TITS!! I can bring a SERIOUS 3" trash pump with me next thursday night, so we can realy build some ice thursday and friday! We have built at least 3" in two nights of flooding!
    SAY IT!!!!!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //