//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 1982 Cammex Racer Found

--

1982 Cammex Racer Found

This trike was found and bought from a friend of mine and I ended up with it. The guy that had it new used to go to the races with me before the sponsorships came about(1983). When I started riding for Cammex I got Calvin to set Stan up with the stage 4 kit. Stan already had the fox shock with the durablue axle and force 4 swingarm. Someone painted everything gray and gave it a flame paint job at some point. Im not sure what I am goin to do with it yet but wanted the Cammex kit to do a retro racer in the 83-84 frame like I raced during that period. What you guys think I should do?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cammex.png 
Views:	314 
Size:	41.4 KB 
ID:	162553Click image for larger version. 

Name:	atc 250.jpg 
Views:	447 
Size:	11.3 KB 
ID:	162554Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fox.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	10.4 KB 
ID:	162555Click image for larger version. 

Name:	force.png 
Views:	339 
Size:	874 Bytes 
ID:	162556

--
    Love this machine! Excellent find! I thank you for sharing!

--
    can u post pics that arent microscopic?

i wanna c it and its details
    TPC TRIKES

FSU Powersports

RNS Powdercoating

--
    Its a former racer so please do it justice and bring it back to its original glory. I wouldn't rob Peter to pay Paul, so to speak.

--
    These are good pictures, How do I post them where they will be larger....

--
    I agree, that old race bike needs to be restored to its former glory. What size did that cammex cylinder make it, wasnt it around 300cc, or was it a 250? There are a lot of sweet old school parts on that machine, well worth fixing up. What pipe is that?
    THE 80's RAGE! Currently owns:
    81, 85 Yamaha Tri Moto 125
    83 Yamaha Tri Moto 200 x2
    82,83 Yamaha Tri Moto 175 project
    85 Yamaha Tri Z 250
    84 Kawasaki Tecate 250
    84 Honda ATC 70
    85 Honda ATC 350X
    84 Honda ATC 250R
    (2) 84 Honda ATC 200x
    82, 83 Honda ATC 185s
    81 ATC 200
    Lots of other parts and bikes

--
    VERY cool piece !!! Thanx for sharing! I have been hitting the OLD 3 wheeling mags lately.. OMG the stuff I missed! Then I stop and think. Yes,,I LOVED 3 wheelers back when I was reading them. But,,I was also 11-12 years old! I MISSED a lot! Wax doing 2 full page color ads for JT !! And bikes like this cover to cover.. So cool !
    Please help those who cannot help themselves.

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

Gun laws do not stop criminals. BULLETS do.

--

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Salyer View Post
    These are good pictures, How do I post them where they will be larger....
    It's easiest to load them to photobucket, then you can copy the picture into your thread.......

Right click on the (IMG) http code, then copy that to your thread. Just like this -

All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    awesome racer... i would restore it to also.....sweet
    our original 85 we bought new, 2 - 86 police specials
    250r dust runner
    04 Yamaha kodiaK 450 snowbuster ! Brute Force 750 dust collector .
    Bunch of es stuff I been buying for next builds....
    Gone but lives on in my aching body the mighty 350x collection . A Beat 85 es im gonna rebuild

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamaha_Rules69 View Post
    I agree, that old race bike needs to be restored to its former glory. What size did that cammex cylinder make it, wasnt it around 300cc, or was it a 250? There are a lot of sweet old school parts on that machine, well worth fixing up. What pipe is that?
    i agree. restore it to its former glory. incredibly neat find you have there. very, very rare. and even more rare to know the history that the bike has.

the cammex kit was a debore 200cc 2 stroke kit

--
    Ok im working on more pics. No, this is the 250 ---68mm bore x 72mm stroke if I remember correctly. These trikes with the stage 4 cammex set up like this run a dead even drag race with a Tecate with a kx cylinder, kx ignition, pipe, big carb ect. I am going to take the motor apart to see if Calvin ported this cylinder for Stan or if he set him up with the stock kit. I just cannot remember 30 years ago. I was there the day we put the kit on the trike but can't remember the porting details.

--
    Restore! Cool find too
    TrikeFest 07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14 SandPuppie's Ride 07,08,09 Imperial Invasion 09, 13

--
    Man that thing is sweet! I love all of the old race trikes. I really wish I was home. My home of record is in Waynoka, and I'd gladly lend a hand if I was there.
    Operation Iraqi Freedom V and Operation Enduring Freedom X veteran

The Constitution and Bill of Rights were written in common English for the common man. There is no interpretation necessary.

"To err is human, to err continuously is liberal." - Me

--
    i stand corrected. very, very cool. keep us posted on what happens with this bike!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //