//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: new 250r handlebar switch

--
    Even worse than I suspected! Thanx for posting,and showing people these are a far cry from Honda. Looks like some poor kid over there colors them with crayons.
    Please help those who cannot help themselves.

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

Gun laws do not stop criminals. BULLETS do.

--
    Well I was hoping these were spot on but they are good enough for a rider and atleast we have an aftermarket option. Thanks for the info Vincent!

robertc is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    He must have used his best specimen for that eBay pic!

I say we storm the front doors (on our trikes of course) of Honda corporate offices in Japan and demand they start making our much needed OEM parts again. Do they not understand how many of our lives they would be enriching by just making available simple plastics, tires, decals etc.

It truly is a shame.

I wonder how many sets of fenders Honda would sell in the first month, if they made them available for the most sought after production models?
    1986 ATC 250R
    1986 ATC 250SX
    1987 Big Red
    1984 ATC 70
    1983 ALT 50

--
    O man they look like crap, Was hoping they would look like pictured in his auction. They will work for a rider...
    If you have Bought a item from me, Please leave me feedback
    If your buying a item from me check my feedback
    Click on link ~ http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ceaserthethird

Rigaman is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I knew they wouldnt be anything like the quality of oem.
    Thing that makes me nervous.. What if the kill switch didnt work? I know there are ways to kill it, like stall it out, but say you dont have a chain on your bike. Doing a test start up... And it just screams full throttle.. That wouldnt be good.

--
    According to the completed auction search, he has sold 15 of those hunks since 2/8! That's $1000 in less than a week for about $50.00 in materials. It will be interesting to see how the inevitable negative feedback will impact his robust sales.
    1986 ATC 250R
    1986 ATC 250SX
    1987 Big Red
    1984 ATC 70
    1983 ALT 50

--
    Actually these switches are not that bad at all, I got a 86-87 TRX250R, 86 ATC250R switch and it looks great! Although the 1986-87 switch I got is ok but not perfect. The switch hole cut out for the HI-LO on the 200X was a little crooked but not real noticeable and the lettering needs a little more color added but you can put paint or silicone in them and they will be just fine.No I think these switches are nice and not all that far from OEM in my opinion. It seems you can get a not so perfect switch out of a bunch because the 250/trx250r switches I have look very nice and the cut outs for the buttons look square ,harness looks great. The only not so perfect switch I got was the 200X ,same as the one Dirtwheels posted, it may be that for some reason the 200X switch is a little less quality because the other switches I have look aboslutely great. Over all these are well worth the $59 I spent but only time will tell if they hold up. Even the OEM honda switches break over time so in my honest opinion they are a very nice aftermarket for the money. Unless you are really OEM anal these are Ok in my book
    Attached Images Attached Images

--
    Here is the 200X switch I got, not sure why the HI-LO button is not centered good and the cut out for the button is a little crooked just like the one dirtwheels posted. I am not going to complain though, it's great for a rider and you have to look iches away to really notice it. Kind of stumped though, wonder why only the 200X is like this? or maybe you can get a bad switch or 2 out of the bunch, I ordered another 200X so i will check into it. I would't put down these switches guys, I am thankfull atleast someone is trying to make Parts for our machines and you know Honda doesn't care to make much needed parts. Maybe someone can talk to who ever is making these and get them to UP the quality on the buttons and paint on the lettering , other than that they are good IMO.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by honda200x1987; 02-14-2013 at 11:30 PM.

--
    The red button on the ATC250R switch you got is upside down. Members on here can look at these examples and decide for themselves. Glad someone is attempting to make these discontinued parts, but I doubt I will be buying another.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by honda200x1987 View Post
    Here is the 200X switch I got, not sure why the HI-LO button is not centered good and the cut out for the button is a little crooked just like the one dirtwheels posted. I am not going to complain though, it's great for a rider and you have to look iches away to really notice it. Kind of stumped though, wonder why only the 200X is like this? or maybe you can get a bad switch or 2 out of the bunch, I ordered another 200X so i will check into it. I would't put down these switches guys, I am thankfull atleast someone is trying to make Parts for our machines and you know Honda doesn't care to make much needed parts. Maybe someone can talk to who ever is making these and get them to UP the quality on the buttons and paint on the lettering , other than that they are good IMO.
    This is an opinion forum, and as a new member don't want to ruffle any feathers, but I couldn't help but notice that a new seller of the swithches in question has popped up on ebay. Seller happens to be from Illinois. Any chance that is you (honda200x1987)?

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...obalID=EBAY-US

If so, then your posts make a lot more sense to me and sell away. If not, just a funny coincidence. I think I will stick with OEM whether used or not, but I am curious to see if they hold up for those that bought them.

I came here for honest opinions and advice and hope thats what I find. I do agree that the market is wide open for someone to manufacture quality replacements for discontinued items.
    Last edited by robertc; 02-15-2013 at 01:29 AM. Reason: wrong link
    1986 ATC 250R
    1986 ATC 250SX
    1987 Big Red
    1984 ATC 70
    1983 ALT 50

--
    Yes i posted the switches on ebay and I got wincycles attention! They said to send back the defective ones they will refund or replace them . I talked with them and I hope who ever makes these can refine the problems, I pointed out that the lettering was not filled in real good , smugged and should have a clean look. The TRX250R "OFF" button was upside down and the cut out for the "HI-LO" on the 200X was crooked and make sure the buttons are lined up streight. Fix this and the switch would be awsome. I am getting another switch so we will see. Actually they would be GREAT if he fixes the defects . The 1986 ATC250R switch was perfect but all it needed was better color in the lettering, atleast he is willing to refund or replace and I hope he fixes the defects, we will see! Thanks for pointing out the upside down button "Dirtwheels" I did not notice that.
    Last edited by honda200x1987; 02-15-2013 at 10:02 PM.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //