//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: new 250r handlebar switch

--

new 250r handlebar switch

Has anyone seen the new repo(chinese) handlebar switches on Ebay?
    I wonder how good the quality is.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190796123679...84.m1423.l2649

--
    Doesn't look Honda,,but for a rider...better than a faded 30 yo switch.
    Please help those who cannot help themselves.

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

Gun laws do not stop criminals. BULLETS do.

--
    Are you saying you don't get what is pictured in the listing? Is it just a picture of a OEM Honda switch and you get a totally different one?
    Quote Originally Posted by atc007 View Post
    Doesn't look Honda,,but for a rider...better than a faded 30 yo switch.

nik0708 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    That is not an OEM switch in the picture

--
    Looks spot on to the OEM, I don't see any visible difference in the picture
    Quote Originally Posted by nik0708 View Post
    That is not an OEM switch in the picture
    Attached Images Attached Images

--
    Seller even has the 1986-87 200X switch! I received a responce from them and you will get what is pictured. They look great to me, I ordered a 200X,250R and a TRX250R so I will personally see just what kind of quality these really are . People have been buying these switches up, he said there is only about 10 of each in stock right now. For the price you can't beat it IMO. http://www.ebay.com/itm/L-H-Switch-H...sories&vxp=mtr

--
    I grabbed one also because I am curious. We will see what they look like. I have a couple of NOS 200x switches to compare it to. Usually, the Chinese stuff is a bit more rounded off and the edges are not as crisp. But if you don't have 300.00 for a NOS one, these look like a decent alternative.

--
    They seem to look dead on but we will see what quality they really are when they get in my hands. Post some pictures with your NOS switch so we can get a better idea. I have a NOS switch mounted on my 87 to compare to ,wonder what company makes them? Maybe we will see more of these much needed parts reproed. I'm hoping some day a tire company will bring back the KT576 ,OHTSU P/V tread pattern for the ATC's since all the OHTSU's discoed now.
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtwheels View Post
    I grabbed one also because I am curious. We will see what they look like. I have a couple of NOS 200x switches to compare it to. Usually, the Chinese stuff is a bit more rounded off and the edges are not as crisp. But if you don't have 300.00 for a NOS one, these look like a decent alternative.

--
    I did the same thing and bought a 200x switch and a 250r switch from the guy I hope they turn out good.

--
    I found the almost same thing as stock honda headlight/kill switches. K&S sells them, maybe some others also. Maybe all he did was buy the aftermarket ones, get the connectors needed and wire them as stock is.

--
    I just got a email back from the seller, I asked if these switches were OEM HONDA or Aftermarket. He said they are the same manufacturer as OEM.

--
    Has anyone received one of these yet to compare to a oem switch? Mine should be here by the end of the week.

--
    I should get mine tomorrow or Friday, we will see then!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tking View Post
    Has anyone received one of these yet to compare to a oem switch? Mine should be here by the end of the week.

--
    These are just pictures of a NOS 200X switch and the switch on eBaY ,we will get a better view when we get them in our hands.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by honda200x1987; 02-13-2013 at 09:17 PM.

--
    Got mine today. Wiring harness looks decent, but the plastic housing and buttons are as I suspected. Not the best. Buttons are not as crisp and a bit crooked. It still has the 'Tek' lettering on the back, so the back was molded/copied off an original Honda part. The front is a little different though. The buttons are narrower.

Real Honda one is on the left.

Would I use this on a bike I just needed a switch for. Probably. Would I use this on a restore. NOPE!

IMG_0074.jpgIMG_0078.jpgIMG_0079.jpg

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //