//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: new from hudson florida, 83 atc 185/200s

--
    they might be, i looked at google images of "83 honda atc185s rear fender" and they look simular but you can tell them apart by the size and there should be an 8 shaped hole for the seat "pins" to go threw.

--
    After he said about it looks like yamaha, I have to agree, I saw those 8 pin holes, so that's probably not 185 plastics, did you say you can fab the ones on it now? That would probably be the easiest thing to do ( besides buying one) but sometimes on eBay and Craigslist you can find cheap ones, there are always 185 parts forsale on our Craigslist that have plastics forsale,
    Quote Originally Posted by Howdy View Post
    Yea, looked like a monkey ******* a football. LMAO
    Howdy

Currently Own-

84 250R My Baby/Project
    83 Yamaha 225dx
    79 Honda Twinstar - Big Ole Turd

Heres My Feedback Page
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...for-ColtonGG33

--
    i may have to check into that, i do remember checking for 3 wheelers on craigslist before i got this one and seeing a few on there........im gonna try to make these fit with some persuation if that dont work or look good then ill be on the hunt for a rear fender

--
    english please

--
    ok so after a full day of messing around with the sawzall i have made the rear plastic fender work/fit great so tomoro i will be sanding and painting it.........i finally got around to installing the axle and sprocket today and holy shyt is it bent to hell, bent so bad the sprocket throws the chain every rotation cause the sprocket wobbles with the bend, im not so sure my Map gas torch is gonna be hot enough or if ill even be able to restraighten it so im on the lookout for another straight 83 atc 185s rear axle if anyone has one laying around i can come up with some cash, cause at this point the build has stopped........

i have searched craigslist and ebay with no results on an 83 honda atc185s rear axle, ive even checked out dratv......hopefully someone can shine some light on this subject and find one laying in their garage or something

but to keep me busy im gonna paint the rear plastics tomoro and probly mess with the exhaust but without an axle this thing aint going nowhere anytime soon

god bless me with an axle please lol

--
    Sorry, no axle. But I just wanted to say you did a bang up job on re-upholstering that seat...Looks professional! Is that your first time?
    1985 Honda ATC 250ES
    1985 Honda ATC 250SX
    1984 Honda ATC 200M
    1983 Honda ATC 200
    1984 Honda ATC 110

California, USA about 50 miles north of sacremento
    --
    Welcome aboard bud This is the place to find, ask etc. Another FSB member joins the ranks

--
    yep was my first time, spent a whole night watching youtube videos on how to do it, my father whos getting up there in age seen it after i was done and went "no you went out and bought one didnt you, or you paid someone to do it" i said "nope" then showed him the 3m spray adhesive, my stapler, and the leftove fabric, he was amazed how good it came out cause normally i dont have the patiance(sp?) to do such a thing......the trick seems to be putting the material in the clothes dryer for awhile before you start, you need it nice and hot so it can stretch easier, then put it on as fast & tight as possible so its still hot when your finished, then when it cools it'll shrink some giving it a nice tight proffesional look....

so i managed to get the incorrect rear fender to fit and kinda look alright using my sawzall, then i moched it up to see what it'll look like, ill be sanding/preping/painting it today, the rear tire looks bigger but its not, its just closer to the camera, all are 22x11x8, looks ok to me for now, ill get the correct fender when i get back to working...

this is the axle i need, ive looked and there are 2 on ebay, 1 is bent and the other dosent have a discription so id rather not chance it, if i could figure out where exactly its bent i would attempt to heat it up with my torch and smack it with my sledge but im not sure yet, the brake side is nice and straight but the sprocket side is off by almost a whole 1-1/2 inches, and since the sprocket is wobbling with the bend im geussing its gonna be bent somewhere in the axle tube....anyways a few pics of the axle incase someone has one on a shelf or something that they would like to sell

im hoping someone sees this and has an axle otherwise im gonna try to fix it but i dought ill ever budge this thick steel, and without an axle all this work has gone to waste......

thank you everyone for the great compliments!!

--
    Wow, those fenders sure give your trike a "one of a kind" look. As far as the axle goes, isn't there a motorcycle salvage yard around your area? If not, I know there's a motorcycle bone yard near where I live, and they have a 185s there that I've already yanked some parts off of. From what I can remember the axle's still there, but I'm not sure what shape it's in. If you like I could PM you the phone number if you want to call the guy for more info. Only thing is shipping might be a little steep from Canada? Man, there's gotta be something closer to you (I'm sure there's hundreds of 185s/200's in your state!), but if not, it might be worth looking into...
    1985 Honda ATC 250ES
    1985 Honda ATC 250SX
    1984 Honda ATC 200M
    1983 Honda ATC 200
    1984 Honda ATC 110

--
    there might be one a few countys south of me, ill have to see what google has to say about that lol

--
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailerRider View Post
    Welcome aboard bud This is the place to find, ask etc. Another FSB member joins the ranks
    Thank you, if i ever finish my trikey ill have a reason to take the top off the bronco so i can load it up an go have some fun

--
    Those plastics look they could be race plastics for it, good job on that, I hope you can find an axle to get that sucker finished!
    Howdy

Currently Own-

84 250R My Baby/Project
    83 Yamaha 225dx

Heres My Feedback Page

--
    yeah i hope i can find an axle too, i wonder if an automotive axle shop could straighten it for me?

anyways i got the rear plastic painted today.......looks much better now.......you can see the dent on the tank in this pic....... i might redo the tank down the road when i get some bondo, my only worry would be jarring it too hard and having the bondo crack an fall off

--
    That's looks really nice, not sure about the axle shop thing you'll probably have to call an see, if I were you I wouldn't worry about the gas tank looks fine the way it is, unless your the kinda guy who likes there stuff looking really really good, the top of my old gas tank for my old bike was dented in and It started leaking so I used some jb weld and it worked pretty good, it doesn't leak anymore, if you use bondo stuff your right it does crack easily well at least for me it did, did you think about that one way to do it where you custom a gas cap for a air compressed end fits air tight and then blow the air in it and it expans the tank out and gets rid of the dents, not sure if it would work for you, just a tip
    Howdy

Currently Own-

84 250R My Baby/Project
    83 Yamaha 225dx

Heres My Feedback Page

--
    ehh i can live with the dents, im not too picky as long as the paint is in good condition, you can only see it from a certain angle and in certain light.....

i cant wait to ride it, ive never had a 3 wheeler before, many dirt bikes and go karts but never a 3 wheeler

i can remember growing up a neighbor had an old 3 wheeler barried in his backyard under a tree in some really tall grass, i used to go to the door monthly asking if they wanted to sell it, the answer was always NO but yet it sat there for years rotting away, one day they moved out and before i could even go load it up the other neighbor next to him had grabbed it......dam........well geuss what turns out i got one anyways!......wooot! lol

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //