//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: susuki z400

--

susuki z400

what do u guys think about the z400. the only thing i dont like about iut is that its 4 stroke!

--
    Good machine. The price is right, great handling, plenty of power and it's a lot like the 400ex. Suzuki was just smart enough to go liquid.
    '02 Honda 416ex - A seasoned blend of 11 herbs and spices
    '04 Honda Recon - The yard machine and snow plow
    '88 Honda CR250R - Another chapter in my torrid all terrain affair

200xer is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    has anyone had problems with a 400ex overheating? And oil coolers will cool off a motor more than liquid will anyways.

But the Z looks nice to me.

--
    I have never heard a negative comment about the z 400
    Big Darn Mike is a registered trademark. Anyone trying to pose will be dealt with in an orderly Big Darn Mike fashion. J/K (Big Darn Mike is moderately sized at best)
    2002 Banshee with LRD pipes
    1986 350X (sold, not forgotten)
    1971 Ford F250 4x4 with 700+ hp 557 ci big block on the way
    1995 f250 4x4 460 (daily driver)

--
    I'm a pretty heavy guy and I ride really hard. I've never had my 400ex over heat yet.

dogger is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    200xer I can't see how a oil cooler cools off a engine better then liquid. if that were the case y are most the new spaort quads water cooled? oil cooler is made to cool down hte oil not the motor other wise your 400ex wouldn't have cooling fin's on the cylinder.

if your looking for a bad comment on the z400 ask trike how much it cost to fix his cases when his chain let loose on his. it wasn't a cheap little mishap.

--
    I can't either. Why are you telling me this?

it's fast and a good hill climber I wold say that is in the top five-Z400,banshee,raptor,warrior,blaster.

--
    Water cooling allows manufactures to keep closer tolerences such as piston to cylinder. Air cooled bikes with larger clearances whether they have an oil cooler or not run hotter and lose power as they heat up. They sure are much easier to work on though. I too have sent a chain through a set of cases, an RM125 to be exact. And as with any chain failure it is usually operator error - loose chain, worn chain or improperly installed master link. No case are cheap to buy or install. Every front sprocket should have some sort of metal strap surrounding it mounted to the case to at least try to avoid moshing the case. :!:
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--

i like them.

Kyle you know their awesome!
    :-D

--
    yea i know i just whant to know their opinions

3WheelHouston is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Banshee 350, you listed the top 5 quads, in your opinion, and I hope you mean brand new. You left out both the TRX 250r and the Quadzilla, if you were talking about all time.
    It ain't no fun unless you kin git hurt doin it.
    Rides: YTM-225DX, 2x YTM-175, KLT-160, ATC-125M, ATC-250SX, ATC-200x, ATC-200E

Tri-Z_Jim is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

Z400 vs. NY rock

The Z400 is an awesome machine with smooth power.
    This pic is gonna haunt TRIKE forever I think he was in 3rd or 4th gear when his rear sprocket hit a rock and threw the chain off .If I remember the chain was wrapped around the front sprocket 2 or 3 times.The rear sprocket was also bent over about an inch.We had to take the f sprocket off to free the chain.A skidplate would have prevented this from happening.

--
    It's not as bad when the machines a few years old but that just brought me to tears!
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Would this idea work to solve chains hitting cases: The reason the chain hits the case is because it falls off the sprocket and then gets slack in it. Couldn't you put something on either side of your rear sprocket, that wouldn't let the chain fall onto the swing arm, therefor it wouldn't get much slack in it. This would only work for chains falling off and not breaking. Anyone understand what I'm saying?

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //