//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: New to the fourm

Dave8338 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Trixy is loaded on the trailer and ready for a marathon engine and electrics install. The Pro-Link set up seems to have all the correct "feel" to it and when seated on the thing, she drops about 1" in the rear with the preload set in the middle, so I'll have room to bump it up or down. The shock even has the "squish" sound and rebounds like a champ. Thought I may have to rebuild it but at this point... looking good.

Here is a shot of her waiting for me to get off from work and do a little more wrenching. Almost looks as if Honda built it this way from the start:

I like the color combo of the black and gold.
    The Goal... All I Need Is The Time...

--
    Looking good, its coming along

tapage is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Welcome to the site my friend, and keep it going your doing a good job

Dave8338 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Well... thought I should drop in to let those who have been watching this thread know how the first test flight went.

Left work Saturday afternoon with Trixy in tow, checking the tie-down straps and a quick once over and headed out. For anyone who is familiar with the Twin Cities metro area, I was traveling East bound on 694 (three lanes wide and under construction) and in the left lane and all was going well... and THEN... from inside the Explorer I hear a pop/snap and I look back in the rear view mirror to see Trixy rolling back on the trailer. OH ... NOOOOOOOOOO ! ! ! ! There was a bit of smoke as the left rear tire made contact with the pavement at 65+mph and THERE SHE GOES ! I had a three way tie down on her, two up front and one in the rear. Cars and trucks EVERYWHERE all screeching to a halt and Trixy, landing back on all three, sitting in the middle of it all. I know that on the second bounce, she was a good 6+ feet in the air and from post crash summary, she came down HARD on the right handlebar and in doing so, tweaked the headstock and front of the frame to the left enough to leave the centerline at the ground/ off to the left by about 3/4". I can fix that... The right upper rear frame rail was bent out about 2 1/2" and I have already fixed that. Left side was out about 1" and that is fixed. The new sub section that I build didn't move just what was in front and behind it. The Swinger was/is fine and received no damage and or bends however I can feel a roller or two in the front right pivot bearing, was crushed and or damaged. Haven't removed them yet to fully access the situation. Right rear axle bearing has a bad spot...

Down but not out. Just something that didn't need to happen.

Still don't know exactly what happened but there were several chunks of missing pavement in the area that it happened and the road was rougher than an ear of corn.

More to come...

--
    Trixy is ALIVE ! ! ! New electrics and a good carb clean, and she breaths! Still the same worn out 185 mill that I started with however, she is alive ! . I have pics but on the IPad, I have no idea on how to upload them and make them stick.

Will post more data tomorrow.

The old girl went down in the first round BUT... She is back for round two and I have a feeling she is a FIGHTER!
    Time to string the 520 chain and mount the foot pegs, weld up the seat mount, and slap the old girl in the keister, and see what she'll do.

Until tomorrow (with pics) ...

--
    Just prior to the first fire in the hole, in the last 5+ years.

And one with the tank on and the rear plastics sitting in place, needing the seat latch to get finished up.

Hoping for the first test ride by Thursday afternoon.

tapage is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Looks great not sure how the plastics look( little scuffed) but for first run in 5 years its not really how its looks its how it feels and runs right?

--
    Welcome to the site! I have enjoyed reading this thread. Great fab work and welds. I am glad to see that you didn't quit after she took a ride on her own.
    Keep on Triking!!!! "I am the NIGHT RIDER!!!"

RIP Ninja!

Feedback thread: http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...-for-thestud25

Trike Fest 2011, 2012 Vet!
    Founding member of the Haspin 6ft Bats Club!!

Trikes Currently Owned:
    87 Big Red 250es
    86 Kawasak KLT110. All documentation, bought from original owner.
    83 Honda 200s
    81 Honda Atc 70
    (4) Suzuki ALT 50's
    Yamaha YT 60

--
    welcome 2 3ww
    nice looking trike you're putting together.
    ~~ATC's Currently Owned~~
    1983 Honda 200x - Main ATC
    1985 Honda 200x - Parts Bike

~~ATC's Previously Owned~~
    1983 Honda 250R
    1984 Honda 200X
    1979 Honda 110
    1983 Honda 125M
    1984 Honda 200
    1983 Kawasaki klt 200a
    1986 Honda 200s

~~Other Toys Owned~~
    2012 Pro R 800
    1993 Polaris Indy 500
    2004 Yamaha 125
    1990 Thunder Kart - 250CC
    2001 Yamaha Blaster - 240kit, aftermarket exhaust, power reeds

--
    GOOD NEWS ! ! Trixy and I had our first date, yesterday. She runs great and VERY smooth. Hard to imagine that a couple months ago, it was in pieces and sitting on shelves and today, is in one piece and ready to ride. Still have to get the brakes together but rode her for a few hours without an issue of any kind. Headed out to the woods behind the house and hit the trails. VERY stable, did I mention smooth? Chain aligns perfect and doesn't rub the swinger or the frame, no slapping, ect.

Here are a few pictures:

Still need to finish the seat latch, seat pan, and cut new foam. It will be shaped very similar to the 200X seat and I will get a cover made (Tammy).

Going to ride it this summer and tear it apart next winter to make everything look good. The 185 plastics are in good shape and should buff out nicely. Looking for a front fender and still haven't settled on which one I'm going to use.

Happy days and I love the ground clearance. Easily hops over fallen trees 10"-12" in size and the gearing is, at this point, what I'm looking for. Sure is quicker than the original 185S and I now have a trike with the RIDE that I've been looking for.

--
    Getting some rear brakes in order. Going with the Yamaha (Nissin) on the rear. Using a cheapo left hand master cylinder on the handle bars for two reasons:

1) without anything on the left side of the bars, it looks naked and unbalanced.
    2) mounting the rear master cylinder in the stock location and using a foot pedal, is more work than it's worth.

I'm going with the Yamaha mount as I didn't have a 250R caliper mount on hand and the caliper came with the Yamaha mount. Needed a little grinding to make it all work and the 250R axle mount needed to have the holes elongated a bit but nothing major.

Still waiting on my light switch/ kill switch combo and an 85 350X front fender (I'll have to make a mounting plate for this, as well) and have my head light sorted out (just happened to have something laying around)

Made the rear fender/ seat mounts and it's going to work.

--
    Front fender on. Sure makes the thing look more complete.

The Maier sticker has to go.

Front brake and finish the seat pan and it may look like a trike. Having loads of fun riding it and am still blown away at how well it handles. Must have got something right.

--
    Been doing some good testing (beating the snot out of the poor thing) and have yet to encounter an issue. The little bugger just seems to be dialed in and likes to see a little air from time to time. Gearing is just right with the stock 86 250R rear sprocket and my chain roller is holding up nicely. No complaints other than I have to tear it all apart and make it look new. STILL haven't finished up the seat pan, just haven't taken the time...

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //