//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Best wheelie trike?

--
    ya 350x high rpms in 6th...alot more controllable & feels great to see how far you went as well haha
    __________________________________________________ _________________________________________________

85 350x ------almost mint
    99 banshee --heavily modified
    04 yfz480 --- heavily modified
    83 200x -----build in progress

--
    I'm thinkin it the rider....then the bike...just my opinion

Howdy is offline Putting Priorities in Order, Busier than ever. Catch me if you can
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy boy View Post
    I'm thinkin it the rider....then the bike...just my opinion
    I have rode wheelies on most machines we have owned ( we been buying and selling 24+ years ). yes, any machine can wheelie, but the 350x's have the power to lift the front wheel in all gears on flat terrian. The other machines normally need some help in higher gears.
    Some riders can't ride a wheelie at all. So yes, the rider can make a big difference.

--
    its more about how good the rider can do a wheelie than the bike

rouseanator is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    I like the 250 sx cause enough power to get the front up, rear brakes on the handle bars and auto clutch

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 83 200e View Post
    What do you guys think the best 4 stroke wheelie trike is? i think yamaha holds this position hands down, what do you guys think?
    I had a Yamaha YTM200 that I could wheelie the entire length of my road, which is over 3 miles

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Howdy View Post
    I have rode wheelies on most machines we have owned ( we been buying and selling 24+ years ). yes, any machine can wheelie, but the 350x's have the power to lift the front wheel in all gears on flat terrian. The other machines normally need some help in higher gears.
    Some riders can't ride a wheelie at all. So yes, the rider can make a big difference.
    I can't wheelie my fat cat to save my life, even with a wheelie bump to start

1984 ATC 200XR
    1984 ATC 300R
    1983 ATC 88

Feedback for Mike Pargiello

--
    definitely not any older Honda's. Most Honda's don't even have suspension

--
    Although I haven't ridden a few of the models mentioned so far, it's gotta be the 225DX for me! It takes conscious effort to keep the front wheel down!
    3 Wheels:
    1982 Honda ATC 185s
    1983 Honda ATC 250R
    1984 Yamaha 225DX
    1985 Honda 250SX
    1986 Honda Big Red 250ES

4 Wheels:
    1986 Suzuki LT50
    1987 Honda TRX 250 Fourtrax
    2023 Honda Foreman

--
    Maybe it depends on balance of the trike or how easy it is to get up, but my YTM200 with an '82 ATC250R front end is incredibly difficult to keep down.

The YTM200 front wheel alone is much, much heavier than the Honda one. The fork lower being aluminum instead of steel is another huge difference. Then there's the disk brake instead of drum. The unsprung suspension travel of the 250R forks is another big difference.

It's really easy with just throttle to pull the front wheel up in third gear. In first, it's just about unrideable during heavy acceleration.

Riding it fork kicks is fun but it's a handful on trails because of the low front wheel traction.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //