//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Ardbeg Ontario - Trike Camping Trip

--

Ardbeg Ontario - Trike Camping Trip

Has anyone been to Ardbeg before? I was there off-road camping last year (not with a trike or ATV, just 4wd truckin') and there were TONNES of ATVers all over. It's a pretty cool place to explore, and there is LOTS of free camping all over the place since it's crown land.

Ardbeg is just North of Parry Sound near Killbear Provincial Park. If you've ever been to that area before you know how rocky this area is - there are no swept trails here so it's better suited for a 250sx or other 4 stroke machines.

I'll see if I can dig up some pictures from our camping trip, but the area is gorgeous and I can't wait to go back this year. Lots of little lakes and trails to explore, HUGE AREA. Here is a youtube search that pulls up some vids of the region to give you an idea :

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...eg+ontario+atv

I'm thinking if any of you guys are interested we can plan a weekend in the summer... since it's crown land there are obviously no "amenities" (other than some pretty well constructed thunder-boxes LOL) but that's the way I like it... keeps the tourists away!!

I'll likely drag my offroad camper with me, but as long as you have a trike and a tent (and an air mattress unless you like sleeping on a rock bed!) that's all you'll need! Unless of course you're not a Canadian citizen then you need special permits to camp on crown land but we'll cross that bridge when/if we come to it

But to start with, let's just build a list of who's potentially interested in a night or two of FREE camping and LOTS OF TRIKING sometime in the summer - we can co-ordinate a date when we figure out who's interested

(not me nor my images, but these pictures were taken at "Clear Lake" (just north of Black Lake - the most popular camping area near Ardbeg)
    Last edited by Xhumeka; 08-20-2015 at 04:03 PM.

--
    *bump* - anyone up for a camping trip summer 2k15??

--
    I could bring a crew depending on dates ....I'm always up for a new riding spot

--
    cool! I've heard from a couple other trikers via PM (both on this forum) that have shown interest, so I think we should try to make this happen!

--
    Any news on the ride and dates ...........

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //