//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 350x rear disk

wolfspider is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

350x rear disk

i think my 350x rear disk maybe slightly warped, what options are out there for new rear disks? or do i have to buy second hand and hope??
    cheers steve

HONDA ATC250ESJ 1988
    HONDA 250R `85 restored SOLD
    HONDA ATC 350X `86 restored SOLD
    HONDA ATC 250ES `87 SOLD
    YAMAHA YZ100 `80 project
    HONDA ATC350X `85 PROJECT FINISHED

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --

--
    Tusk had a closeout sale on SS (I believe) discs for like 10 or 20$ and we all snatched them up.

I'd have to go look at my toys but I believe it fit my 86/87 200X and my 86 350X. Were talking 3 yrs ago.

The retail cost may have been about 70$, again, I am sorry that I may not 100% correct.

But, I did buy some extras And I never sell anything
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Hello Wolfspider.

Tusk no longer makes rotors for Hondas EXCEPT for the fourtrax. Other companies do but you will have to do a search if you want to use one.

The stainless steel tusk and ALL others are using is NOT designed to be used as a brake disc for many, many reasons. The stainless steel that IS safely useable has high carbon steel added to it and they do not look bright and shiny like traditional stainless. The costs of these discs start at around $100.00.

The OEM discs are made of high carbon steel.

No one other than Honda makes a high carbon steel disc for your bike.

Can you use the less expensive non high carbon stainless discs on an ATV that is NOT ridden hard and put away wet? Absolutely. Is it the longest wearing, least warp resistant material to make them out of, NO.

I would use a good used OEM rotor ANY day of the week before I would use a new budget Stainless one, but that's just me.

Hope this info helps

--
    This might get me some holy bump Batman comments but this is the post that got me doing homework. Front and rear discs are still being made by EBC. Hers a pic of the part numbers they sent me. At the time of this post they cost around 110$ each. Easily available on eBay amazon google etc. hope it helps some one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Arky-X is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Somehow I managed to get one of those EBC rear disks off Amazon for $15 + shipping several months ago.
    I kept my eyes open and one day I got an email giving me that price but only 1 left. Definitely snatched it up at that price.
    It looks like a legit EBC disk to me......until it comes apart on my first ride

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //