//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: new guy from minnesota

--
    Das-- Just bought one of those 4 legged machines in BRF... Looks like a sweet place to unload and go riding though!
    No trikes. Too old, too crippled. Unless I find one I can't live without!
    "You cant fix stupid" ~ Ron White
    My feeback link: http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ack-for-Thorpe

--
    I used to hunt all over down there Thorpe. Haven't had the privilege of riding the trails yet. My old man rides em every couple weeks though. He loves em.

Worden18 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I've posted in this thread a while back, but now I'd like to post again regarding the comments about Mr. Twisted. Yep, he's a really nice guy. Has nothing to do with how he represents the trikes he sells, though. I bought my BR from him, and at the time I was pretty green about the things to look for when buying a BR, so I can blame myself for actually buying it. But I will blame him for misrepresenting it. He claimed the brakes were "new". Fact is, he just got them working with brake shoes that were under .100, they were shot. That really made me mad. Another thing he did was seal up the crankcase/oil drain plug with some kind of sealant, since the threads in the crankcase were stripped out completely. I didn't know this until one day I got back from a ride and noticed an oil leak. Luckily the oil was still in the safe zone....but what if I would've blown the engine up on that ride? I ended up drilling the crankcase out and re-tapping the damn thing, using an oversize plug (standard - 9/16-18 if I remember right). It's fine, now. It was missing a shitload of parts (which I would've spotted easily had I not been so green at the time), all the rims were bent, parts were painted over rust, one of the studs for the front axle was broken clean off, the air cleaner was completely shot - looked like a deflated balloon bathed in old oil; I asked him if he had changed the air filter and the oil filter, AND the oil for the final drive. He said yes, which was an outright lie. The final drive oil had NEVER been changed if I had to guess. Looked like light chocolate milk and ran out like water. I had to flush that and change it. Oil filter was 100 years old. Spark plug wire is crap. He claimed he rebuilt the carb; no way. The idle screw locked up on me the first day I had it...from all the rust on it. Certainly anyone with any common sense at all would've cleaned all that up if you actually put a kit in the carb. Like I said, I have myself to blame for buying it, and I've learned my lesson. But he flat out lied about a lot of things on it, and to me that is an insult to my intelligence. So I'll be the bad guy here if I have to and say that I'll never buy from him again, and I wouldn't recommend him to anyone here or anyone else I know. I hate people who lie. Before anyone goes up in arms and tries to argue the point, don't bother. No sense arguing with me. Just stating the true facts here, and that's the way it is.
    My Trikes:

1983 Honda 185s
    1986 Honda 250es Big Red
    1985 Yamaha 225 DX
    1984 Yamaha 200EL "Yamahauler"

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Worden18 View Post
    I've posted in this thread a while back, but now I'd like to post again regarding the comments about Mr. Twisted. Yep, he's a really nice guy. Has nothing to do with how he represents the trikes he sells, though. I bought my BR from him, and at the time I was pretty green about the things to look for when buying a BR, so I can blame myself for actually buying it. But I will blame him for misrepresenting it. He claimed the brakes were "new". Fact is, he just got them working with brake shoes that were under .100, they were shot. That really made me mad. Another thing he did was seal up the crankcase/oil drain plug with some kind of sealant, since the threads in the crankcase were stripped out completely. I didn't know this until one day I got back from a ride and noticed an oil leak. Luckily the oil was still in the safe zone....but what if I would've blown the engine up on that ride? I ended up drilling the crankcase out and re-tapping the damn thing, using an oversize plug (standard - 9/16-18 if I remember right). It's fine, now. It was missing a shitload of parts (which I would've spotted easily had I not been so green at the time), all the rims were bent, parts were painted over rust, one of the studs for the front axle was broken clean off, the air cleaner was completely shot - looked like a deflated balloon bathed in old oil; I asked him if he had changed the air filter and the oil filter, AND the oil for the final drive. He said yes, which was an outright lie. The final drive oil had NEVER been changed if I had to guess. Looked like light chocolate milk and ran out like water. I had to flush that and change it. Oil filter was 100 years old. Spark plug wire is crap. He claimed he rebuilt the carb; no way. The idle screw locked up on me the first day I had it...from all the rust on it. Certainly anyone with any common sense at all would've cleaned all that up if you actually put a kit in the carb. Like I said, I have myself to blame for buying it, and I've learned my lesson. But he flat out lied about a lot of things on it, and to me that is an insult to my intelligence. So I'll be the bad guy here if I have to and say that I'll never buy from him again, and I wouldn't recommend him to anyone here or anyone else I know. I hate people who lie. Before anyone goes up in arms and tries to argue the point, don't bother. No sense arguing with me. Just stating the true facts here, and that's the way it is.
    Sounds like Mister Twisted to me.
    He builds nice trikes...for himself.
    Then he NIGGER riggs the ones he fixes at his shops and charges $200 for a carb cleaning.
    Lol hes on some drugs
    ~~ATC's Currently Owned~~
    1983 Honda 200x - Main ATC
    1985 Honda 200x - Parts Bike

~~ATC's Previously Owned~~
    1983 Honda 250R
    1984 Honda 200X
    1979 Honda 110
    1983 Honda 125M
    1984 Honda 200
    1983 Kawasaki klt 200a
    1986 Honda 200s

~~Other Toys Owned~~
    2012 Pro R 800
    1993 Polaris Indy 500
    2004 Yamaha 125
    1990 Thunder Kart - 250CC
    2001 Yamaha Blaster - 240kit, aftermarket exhaust, power reeds

Worden18 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by honda200xguy View Post
    Sounds like Mister Twisted to me.
    He builds nice trikes...for himself.
    Then he NIGGER riggs the ones he fixes at his shops and charges $200 for a carb cleaning.
    Lol hes on some drugs
    I never confronted him/called/emailed about the pile of he sold me. I figured I'd just slowly fix the things that are wrong (which I have been doing) and just let it ride. 25 years ago I probably would've picked a fight with him (with me ending up in the hospital), but now I figure one of these days he's going to sell a piece of to the wrong guy and bad things are going to happen. Can't say I'd have any pity for him if that happens....
    My Trikes:

1983 Honda 185s
    1986 Honda 250es Big Red
    1985 Yamaha 225 DX
    1984 Yamaha 200EL "Yamahauler"

--
    Karma will get him.. That's how I look at it. When I sell a part, no matter how small or insignificant I stop and ask myself... would I put that on my own machine? If I can't truthfully say yes then it don't get sold until I can. I have spent hours cleaning a part just to sell it.

I get some good deals on eBay and have a few sellers saved in my favorites. Beyond that I find someone here that has what I need. A lot of stand up trike brothers here, its like family.

--
    Kb... I'm about the same way. But I always take as many pics as possible and disclose any flaws.
    Twisted is going to give us decent people a bad name in the trike world.

OKSTATE#1 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I just found this thread after having rather short dealing with this moron. I have been looking for a 125M right rear splash guard, preferable NOS, but I would take just a nice clean one. So I email this twisted turd. He writes back and says "oh yeah, I have a few of those I'm sure of it, I will have the guys go find them". So, just to make sure he knew Exactly what I was talking about, I send him a pic of my 86 125M (I didn't want him to get confused and grab an 85 or earlier guard). He writes back "those aren't OEM tires!" Sends me pics of his 125M with some skank draped all over it telling me "those are OEM tires and I have a few of them!" Wtf??! Umm...I have three NOS tires and a full set of NOS plastic, tough guy. I sent him a message back with pics of my tires and plastic. Anyway, guess he went full retard and decided he wouldn't sell me the guard and said "the owner has decided to keep them"....gawd. I imagine he thought I was rubbing my build in his face, because I think that's what he was trying to do with his pic he sent me...and yeah, I know he does some calendar deal with these gals...but I don't really care about that when I'm trying to do business and find a part.

Seriously? Lol, I wouldn't let my wife crawl all over my trikes...and she's way hotter than this chick.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	792.9 KB 
ID:	197898Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	692.5 KB 
ID:	197899

--
    From mn too! Northern tho. International falls!
    I've also heard nothing but bad about mr twisted. I know a guy that spent big money on a atc tecate t3. Twisted shined it up and lied about building the motor. 2 weeks after purchase my buddy had to completely rebuild it. That guy is a complete turd. I have no idea how he is in business. I don't know anybody who will deal with him......
    Last edited by Schmitty; 08-09-2014 at 10:16 PM.
    86 250r
    85 350x
    85 tri z
    85 250sx
    84 200x

--

I call BS on the Tecate ... Since it was mine

Quote Originally Posted by Schmitty View Post
    From mn too! Northern tho. International falls!
    I've also heard nothing but bad about mr twisted. I know a guy that spent big money on a atc tecate t3. Twisted shined it up and lied about building the motor. 2 weeks after purchase my buddy had to completely rebuild it. That guy is a complete turd. I have no idea how he is in business. I don't know anybody who will deal with him......
    Ok ... The whole Tecate thing is a total lie .. made up by Al and further spread by you . That Tecate was mine and taken in on a trade by Mr. Twisted, even though he never liked it . He did make it a lot nicer though and AL bought it. Then Al brought it home and took it in his house and then down his basement stairs ... where he broke the radiator and damaged the gas tank .... which HE repaired with JB weld. Then it ended up on wheeler dealers ... and AL was saying it had engine work and had been rebuilt. Mr Twisted called him out on that and the post was gone ... imagine that. I never said it was rebuilt ... Mr Twisted never said it was rebuilt .. but AL sure said it was rebuilt. So you and your friend AL should just stop telling lies about that Tecate ... and the rest can have their own opinion of Mr. Twisted ... I always enjoy my time at his shop and he sure as heck has built me some nice trikes.

--
    Montevideo, MN here just joined a month ago!!! I got my 2 trikes about a 1.5 months ago 82 and 83 honda 200's

--
    Ive had the pleasure of dealing with Mr. Twisted on many occasions.... our very first interaction wasnt pleasant and i wanted to punch him in his throat,,, but,, after some reflection on self and situation,,, i decided to use another approach was in order,, and, as it turned out,,, it was simply a communication brake down. im west coast,,, he is east coast,,, we communicate way differently. we have since developed a very good client/buyer/seller relationship. the parts i have received from him over the past 2yrs, have been excellent,,, unless stated as not being so... please remember when dealing with this trike enthusiast, he is a little different then the rest of us,,, even if he is from the same town as you,,, but different in a good way,,, should you allow it to grow.

on to the Tecate .... i watched that deal transpire Via FB,,,, never once was the tecate ever referred to as being rebuilt, I watched as Albert Markwardt tried to sell his new acquisition "tecate" as a rebuilt unit "by Mr. twisted" and i thought to myself he "Mr. Twisted" never once said it was rebuilt... but for the sake of no drama,, i didnt call him on his BS..... I have since come under attack by him and his cronies and have been blocked by them on FB for calling them on the Lies they like to spread about people who dont agree with them about Mr. Twisted.... According to Al, i am a thief, liar, and every bike i have "8-10" is a pile of crap,,,, but my latest build will be featured in dirt wheels mag,,, go figure...
    79 atc70 "builder bike"
    85 atc70 "mostly stock cruiser"
    83 250r "regular ride"
    86 200x "the woman's bike"
    85 tecate "red bike, resurrected"
    85 tecate "green bike, custom"
    Chromed Joker w/Honda 110 w/ hi/low
    YEAH IM JUST A LITTLE ADDICTED
    feed back at http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...r-ATC-ADDICTED

The others
    98 kx80 "the boys ride"
    ?? Baja 90cc wilderness "daughter cruiser"

--
    Hey Im from Hoffman Minnesota (20 min away from Alexandria) and its cool to see other MN members. Kinda looks like a "twisted" storytelling
    1982 big red
    1974 atc 90
    Life is hard, but its harder if you're stupid - John Wayne

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //