//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: This guy has lost his mind....asking $9500 for restored 86 350x ( Moved )

Worden18 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    The seller knows his price is crazy. But he's hoping/betting on that one rich, crazy buyer that might bite on something like this. If it doesn't sell, (which the odds are low) he doesn't care, he'll just keep it and ride it. A couple of months ago an early ATC 90 went for like $12K on ebay; I personally don't think those 1970-74 ATCs are worth anywhere near that (meaning I wouldn't pay that); but someone else thought quite differently....
    My Trikes:

1983 Honda 185s
    1986 Honda 250es Big Red
    1985 Yamaha 225 DX
    1984 Yamaha 200EL "Yamahauler"

--
    Its a nice 350x, just no restored. So many people think new paint and plastics and parts on a bike makes it restored when really its just been rebuilt. Nothing wrong with a rebuilt 350x, just its not restored at all.

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedRider85 View Post
    No I think its called trying to screw somebody out of money. The guy is claiming all original parts? When you go all out like he did you do it out of love for the bike and you have to realize you aren't gonna get all that money back if you do decide to sell it. Save your crappy lil attitude for facebook man....thanks
    First and foremost, yea dude is WAY outta line on his price. Crazy out of line. I'm not sayin he's right, but.....

The terms Restoration, Refurbished, Rebuilt, All Original and let's not forget Rare, are all vastly overused terms on ebay and craigslist. It's not always for the purpose of deceiving potential buyers as much as lack of the proper meaning of those terms. Are there people who purposely misuse the terms? Sure. Is this guy trying to be deceptive? Who knows? Maybe he's just another public school educated maroon. He has 14 feedbacks in 3 years, all of his visible feedback is from buying, none from selling.

No I think its called trying to screw somebody out of money.
    You ever heard of the term "Caveat Emptor?" Do you know what it means? Any buyer who doesn't dig into the claims of a seller of ANY item, particularly on an item with a price like this is, to be blunt, an idiot. Nobody can screw you unless you let them. This happens to people with more money than brains all the time and it is nobody's fault but their own.

The guy is claiming all original parts?
    Yup he is. See my post above. If a person is going to drop a bid on this without asking questions at this price, especially if they don't know much about trikes, it's a dumb ass move.

When you go all out like he did you do it out of love for the bike and you have to realize you aren't gonna get all that money back if you do decide to sell it.
    That's your opinion, as well as my opinion and many others here, but doesn't everybody try to get as much as they can out of a machine based on what they've put into it? If not, then why does everybody list their Web cam, SuperTrapp exhaust, DuraBlue axle and custom port and polish job when they sell? There are people who buy non running vehicles of all sorts on the cheap, fix them and sell them to profit, and do. Maybe not to the extent that this guy is trying to do, but it's still done. Once again: This guy is out of line

Save your crappy lil attitude for facebook man....thanks
    Richardhead comment dude.
    You should take your own advice. You're the one who took it to the "facebook zone" with your attitude because someone has a different opinion that you. Did someone tinkle in your Wheaties this morning?

Yamada is right: A seller can ask whatever they want, if it's over priced it won't sell, and nobody forces anybody to bid on it. He won't get more than what someone is willing to pay. Like it or not, it's a fact.

So how about this: Why doesn't everybody here who disagrees with his description and has an ebay account send him questions and info correcting him on his description? Ya never know, you may actually help to educate someone.

Flame suit on.
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Worden18 View Post
    The seller knows his price is crazy. But he's hoping/betting on that one rich, crazy buyer that might bite on something like this. If it doesn't sell, (which the odds are low) he doesn't care, he'll just keep it and ride it. A couple of months ago an early ATC 90 went for like $12K on ebay; I personally don't think those 1970-74 ATCs are worth anywhere near that (meaning I wouldn't pay that); but someone else thought quite differently....

You hit the nail on the head here Worden. Thanks!
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

--
    Scootertrash...sorry my post offended you to the point you had to write a novel about it....I didn't start this thread to argue all day, I just thought it was a crazy price and very poor description of what he really has.
    Last edited by BigRedRider85; 04-12-2013 at 12:36 PM.

--
    ...and with a starting bid of 9 grand(reserve not met ), I don't think many "reasonable" offers will be accepted. Just my 2 cent

briano is offline Got The Holeshot Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    ^^^^ it's called a novel, just so you know^^^^

--
    Who cares? BTW this is in the wrong section of the site.

--
    Scootertrash...sorry my post offended you to the point you had to write a novelty about it.
    A swing, and a miss..

Quote Originally Posted by briano View Post
    ^^^^ it's called a novel, just so you know^^^^
    HOMERUN!!!!!!!

Rides:
    1986 ATC250R (sectional pipe and Klemm Research silencer)
    1986 ATC250R (Desert Bike, WAX-ON seat, Dual Cibie lights, Steering Stabilizer)
    1979 ATC110 (Bandito frame and forks, Turbo wheels, disc braked)
    1982 ATC70 (Lifan manual 125)
    1987 LT80 (piped, widened)

My feedback thread
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ack-for-dcreel

RIP Trace.. Godspeed.

--
    Maybe his wife told him to sell it so he listed it crazy high so he can tell her he tried and it just didn't sell

Rob

--
    you ever heard of autocorrect?

--
    What about proof reading?

--
    what about leavin it alone....nobody is talkin about your buddy selling his 9500 dollar 350x anymore, go find something else to cry about

ONEBAD350X is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    No I think its called trying to screw somebody out of money. The guy is claiming all original parts? When you go all out like he did you do it out of love for the bike and you have to realize you aren't gonna get all that money back if you do decide to sell it. Save your crappy lil attitude for facebook man....thanks
    My 1800 dollar 350X is nicer than that 1
    85 350X
    85 330R
    85 250R
    86 250R
    86 200X
    86 200X

--
    it's not even an 86...it's an 85.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //