//ArrowChat Code

Thread: '84 Honda ATC 200ES Air Filter Fit Problem

tvpierce is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --

'84 Honda ATC 200ES Air Filter Fit Problem

Tried to post this is Trikesyvania, but apparently don't have privileges yet -- just signed up a little over a day ago.

Just got an '84 200ES Big Red, and bought a new air filter for it. I have all the parts according to the parts diagram:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Air Cleaner Parts Diagram.png 
Views:	288 
Size:	85.0 KB 
ID:	167838

But when I install the bracket on the rear of the rigid internal screen element, then insert the rigid element into the rubber boot/outlet of the airbox, I
    wind up about a half inch short: so the rear bracket doesn't contact the rear of the air box, and the rear bracket holes don't line up with the airbox cover bolts.

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.

--
    Either you have the wrong internal screen or the bracket is wrong... I forget which model it is but there is one i have in my parts box that is the right diameter for my 200ES but its not the right length.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    1984 Honda ATC200ES "Big Red"
    1982 ATC200E "Hondie"
    1988 TRX300FW "Project Quad" Still in progress....

--
    I agree with kb0nly, probably the wrong screen, I might have a spare as well. You could make an adapter to make it work as long as it seals up good, but fixing it right would be best.

tvpierce is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    OK, that makes sense... I'm not completely numb. :-)

I was able to make it work by bending the bracket, and enlarging/slotting the holes where the bracket mounts to the airbox.

Then the air filter is a little pushed in, so I created a "backing" for it with piece of plastic cut to fit. (I'll take a pic and post it.) Frankly, I think the filter or bracket
    should have backing there anyway.

Thanks a bunch for the info.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //