//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Avenger Big Foot 3-Wheeler

--
    Okay, so here's the link to the Flickr page. Hopefully this works! http://www.flickr.com/photos/95361859@N07/

--
    It's a B! Not a D! So that carb number is B231739 and I have found parts for it! On one website PartsTree.com it says "Kohler Engines 41-853-08-S (replaces B-231739)" And there is a disgustingly expensive $198 price on a new carb. I also found on carburetor-parts (.com) the complete rebuild kit for $27.95 and will probably order a few just to have on hand.

*Flickr link pending approval from mod
    Last edited by BrandoB; 04-30-2013 at 01:36 PM.

tvpierce is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Hi again Brando.

You have a Kohler 181 8hp engine. Very common engine on lawn/garden equipment: used by John Deere, Cub Cadet, Gravely, and many others. You've already found a carb rebuild kit, so you're good to go there.

Check out this link:

http://gravelymanuals.com/docs/engines/index.html

The site has manuals for all kinds of Gravelys, but I've linked to the sub section for non-Gravely-made engines -- Kohler at the top.

You'll find an owners manual and a service manual for your 181. Unfortunately, the 181 is the only Kohler they don't have a parts list for. (too bad) But the other two files will be tremendously helpful to you.

Good luck!

--
    TVPIERCE- Thanks! That's going to be some tremendous help when doing the rebuild!

I have ordered the Carb kit and will be hopefully doing the rebuild soon. Matter of fact, I may go ahead and break down the carb today and have a look see. I plan to do a full scale documentary of my venture to shed some light on the lesser known/understood Avenger Big Foot.

***EDIT***I've just applied two coats of clear to the fiberglass body and it turned out great. I've added new pics of before and after to the Flickr page.
    Last edited by BrandoB; 04-30-2013 at 06:49 PM.

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Hello BrandoB

Your link does work, thanks. Very nice.

The “butterfly” you were asking about in it is the main carb body, it is one piece with the round fuel bowl at the bottom.

OEM SERVICE MANUAL

http://www.kohler-engine-parts.opeen...ub/TP-2379.pdf

OEM CARB PARTS EXPLODED VIEWS SETTINGS ETC

http://www.wfmfiles.com/download/Koh...rvice_Kits.pdf

OEM PARTS ALL

http://www.kohler-engine-parts.opeen...nual-downloads

Larry T Moore is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    83ATC185 just posted a craigslist ad to another one of these... I believe it is anyway...listed under trike ive never seen before

tvpierce is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Barnett.

Wow, those are fantastic manuals. I just downloaded them myself.

Thanks for posting.

--
    I WANT ONE. I think my uncle James Bond had one of those. Many stories my uncle had of the hot chicks he used to pick up on that thing. LOL awesome trike and I do want one so if anyone sees one for sale let me know. Larry t, if you have a url# or a link to that one please let me know.

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by tvpierce View Post
    Barnett.

Wow, those are fantastic manuals. I just downloaded them myself.

Thanks for posting.

Hello tvpierce

You're welcome, aren't those cool? I'm glad someone can use them. Google search is your friend, I'm not all that smart myself.

Larry T Moore is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    fggcn-3743991067@sale.craigslist.org [?] ...here it is roofer

--

Question Avenger 400 4 wheeler

Guys can any of you tell me where I can find any parts for this Avenger 400 ? Any Info as well. I have searched every place to the imaginable.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AVENGER1.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	122.4 KB 
ID:	243314   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AVENGER2.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	117.0 KB 
ID:	243315   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AVENGER3.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	112.2 KB 
ID:	243316  
    Last edited by Brianandlesia; 05-25-2017 at 11:54 PM.

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    It's like a Z400 but faster. Boy that is super rare.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //