//ArrowChat Code
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: My new SX project and build. ****Finished****

--
    I thought that's what it was - just wanted to confirm. Are you pleased with it, or have you ridden with it much yet?

I'm still debating with what tire to go with out front on my SX with Mud Lites in the rear. Anyone ever tried running a Mud Lite up front on a trike? It would be lighter than a Bear Claw, and still look pretty aggressive.
    Current Trikes:

'86 350X (x2)
    '86 200X (x2)
    '86 250SX
    '85 250SX
    '85 250SX / 200X Hybrid
    '87 250ES
    '85 250ES
    '83 ATC 70

Current Quads:
    '16 Polaris Outlaw 110
    '14 Polaris Ranger XP 900
    '13 Polaris Sportsman XP 850
    '07 Honda Recon ES
    '05 Yamaha Raptor 80

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Marksman View Post
    I thought that's what it was - just wanted to confirm. Are you pleased with it, or have you ridden with it much yet?

I'm still debating with what tire to go with out front on my SX with Mud Lites in the rear. Anyone ever tried running a Mud Lite up front on a trike? It would be lighter than a Bear Claw, and still look pretty aggressive.
    Yeah, I like that it's light weight, and it handles real well.
    I went with the Duro, because I wanted the tire to still have a somewhat stock appearance, and didn't want to be to aggressive.

--
    Great SX. Jim is a stud and his eye for detail is great. You are doing well.

--
    So a couple of weeks ago I went out riding, and soon realized that my clutch had started to slip. So, I ordered a clutch kit, and this morning started in on the job. As I started to torque down the clutch basket I heard a pop, and looked down to see that center clutch had cracked. Total bummer, but I was able to buy one off of ebay, and hopefully will be able to finish up this next week. I guess that after almost 30 years the pot metal tends to get weak.

--
    How many clutch plates did you install? The count is 5 of the fiber plates and 4 of the steel plates. Some kits come with more as they are the same plates the 350X uses so the kits are configured for the X. Having too many plates can cause the hub to crack or break...... Ask me how I know this...... Go ahead, ask me!!!!!!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyingw View Post
    How many clutch plates did you install? The count is 5 of the fiber plates and 4 of the steel plates. Some kits come with more as they are the same plates the 350X uses so the kits are configured for the X. Having too many plates can cause the hub to crack or break...... Ask me how I know this...... Go ahead, ask me!!!!!!
    Uh..........yep.....I just took another look, and that's exactly what I did. I had a buddy , while looking at the old plates, telling me, fiber, steel, fiber, steel, and sure enough I put to many in. Duh! And what sucks is I knew how many I needed to put in but must have lost count. Well, I won't be doing that again.

--
    Yep, I wrote that down in my little book of things to NOT do again.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyingw View Post
    Yep, I wrote that down in my little book of things to NOT do again.
    Yep, it falls under my two favorite sayings, sh!t happens, and live and learn.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by UPNATM View Post
    So, I posted an add in the classifieds for a headlight guard, and was lucky enough to get a pm about one for sale. When it arrived, I decided to media blast it and paint it red, to sorta match my all red theme. I have a question though, and was hoping somebody out there could answer it for me. Did these guards when purchased back in the day as an accessory come with the center grille, or did you have to purchase it separately? My guard has the spots where the grille could, or would have been mounted.

Here are a couple of before and after pics.

A little off-topic here... but where did you the decal for the gas tank? Is it a factory Honda decal or a reproduction?
    Current Trikes:

'86 350X (x2)
    '86 200X (x2)
    '86 250SX
    '85 250SX
    '85 250SX / 200X Hybrid
    '87 250ES
    '85 250ES
    '83 ATC 70

Current Quads:
    '16 Polaris Outlaw 110
    '07 Honda Recon ES
    '05 Yamaha Raptor 80

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Marksman View Post
    A little off-topic here... but where did you the decal for the gas tank? Is it a factory Honda decal or a reproduction?
    Ebay, dirt cheap. I doubt that they are OE, but the color is good, etc.

http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?n...996060&alt=web

--
    Ebay, dirt cheap. I doubt that they are OE, but the color is good, etc.

http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?n...996060&alt=web

Thanks for the info!
    Current Trikes:

'86 350X (x2)
    '86 200X (x2)
    '86 250SX
    '85 250SX
    '85 250SX / 200X Hybrid
    '87 250ES
    '85 250ES
    '83 ATC 70

Current Quads:
    '16 Polaris Outlaw 110
    '07 Honda Recon ES
    '05 Yamaha Raptor 80

ONEBAD350X is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    So, a little progress update:

The forks are done, new bars, all restored controls, with new levers, and all new cables. Wiring has all been fixed (everything works now), and dash is hooked up with a new ignition switch. I have also just put on my new front wheel and tire. Its actually getting down to basically plastics, and rear wheels and tires. The rear wheels and tires, I am going to try and order in the next few days. I do have a front fender en route, but still need the mudflaps. Anyway, here are a few updated pics..

looking good! nice job. what front tire is that I like it.

Kevin
    85 350X
    85 330R
    85 250R
    86 250R
    86 200X
    86 200X

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ONEBAD350X View Post
    looking good! nice job. what front tire is that I like it.

Kevin
    23x7-10 Duro Thrasher

--
    what did you use to bring the gas tank back and how did you go about it? I have a white Clarke tank on my trike and would love to spruce it up and make it nice like yours so please lend me any tips you can

--
    Quote Originally Posted by DickyDanger View Post
    what did you use to bring the gas tank back and how did you go about it? I have a white Clarke tank on my trike and would love to spruce it up and make it nice like yours so please lend me any tips you can
    Rubbing compound and a buffer, followed up with polish and a buffer. Although, im not to sure if you will have great success, if your tank has yellowed, as the white Clarke tanks tend to do.
    Also, my tank was obviously empty, and had been sitting out in the open for days without a cap, or petcock on it before I started to buff it. The combo of the buffer, compound, and the plastic tank make for a ton of static electricity, so be careful.
    Last edited by UPNATM; 08-06-2014 at 02:43 PM.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //