//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: My new SX project and build. ****Finished****

--

My new SX project and build. ****Finished****

Hey guys, last week I saw this posted on my local craigslist, and this past Saturday I went over and picked it up. Its pretty ugly, and looks to have had a hard ranch life, but it runs pretty great, and for the $180 I paid for it, and the cool little dump trailer, I cant complain.
    I have a pretty long list of things that are either missing, or broken that I need for it, and will be making a wtb thread over in the classifieds in the next day or so.

Pretty nasty homemade seat pad, with a rack badly welded to the rear grab bar.

Both hand controls are broken, as well as it not having any front brakes, but at least it has a drink holder!

Homemade hitch..

And finally, after a few hours of cleanup, scraping the 28 years worth of crud off the motor,and pulling all the goofy crap off of it, here is the after pics.

Last edited by UPNATM; 09-06-2014 at 04:23 PM.

--
    Just throw on a new seat cover and your good as new. And is that a hondaline drink holder? Rare.

All joking aside, it actually cleaned up pretty good.

--
    very nice! that tank and cart are worth 180$ by themselves! hell ya! nice find
    TrikeFest 07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14 SandPuppie's Ride 07,08,09 Imperial Invasion 09, 13

--
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonB View Post
    very nice! that tank and cart are worth 180$ by themselves! hell ya! nice find
    Yep, that's what I was thinking also! The seller said that it ran fine on the phone, but I figured even if it didn't, I could part it out and make my money back. I have already changed the oil (it was black as hell), rear diff oil (pretty clean), plug, and air filter, and then took it for a ride up and down the street a couple of times.
    For being so ugly, like I said, it runs great.
    My plans are to fix it up for my daughter, she already loves riding my SX, so it will be cool for her to be able to ride with me. I plan on selling off the little trailer and using the funds to try and find some of the missing parts.

--
    Sweet deal! Heck around me that trailer is worth $150 alone, so its like you bought a running rider for $30... That drink holder looks like one of those water bottle holders for bikes, not a bad idea though, i have been thinking of putting one on my ES, but not up on the bars, i was going to put it on the rack so i can carry along a water bottle within easy reach.

$180 though overall, you stole that thing!! I can't find a running basket case for less than $300 most of the times.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    1984 Honda ATC200ES "Big Red"
    1982 ATC200E "Hondie"
    1988 TRX300FW "Project Quad" Still in progress....

--
    A little update. Ive been working on the new sx, a bunch lately. Here is where im at now. I have been cleaning, installing, and replacing a ton of worn out, and missing parts. I just rebuilt the front forks yesterday, with new seals, boots, etc. Here is a quick pick of the trike before installing the rebuilt forks. One fork was completley empty, and the only thing that come out of the other one was muddy water.

Last edited by UPNATM; 06-25-2013 at 01:10 AM.

--
    Wow... Coming along good, going to be a looker when shes done!
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    1984 Honda ATC200ES "Big Red"
    1982 ATC200E "Hondie"
    1988 TRX300FW "Project Quad" Still in progress....

--
    Oops, somehow I double posted.
    Last edited by UPNATM; 06-25-2013 at 01:06 AM.

Worden18 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Lookin' really good! Congrats on the purchase and have fun fixing it up
    My Trikes:

1983 Honda 185s
    1986 Honda 250es Big Red
    1985 Yamaha 225 DX
    1984 Yamaha 200EL "Yamahauler"

--
    It looks to be in overall good condition. A keeper for sure.

--
    I wish I had that kind of gumption to pretty up mine.
    Very nice for sure.

I've wanted SX racks for quite some time now but I go so slooow that
    I don't even need a waterbottle holder.

Great find.

--
    So, just a little update. Back on are the front forks( fully rebuilt w/ new boots), and I have also installed new bars and most of the controls, (im still looking for a right perch and handle) as well as getting all the wiring unboogered up, installing the dash etc. Its a pretty cool to see the reverse light, and the nuetral like come on, as well as hearing that electric start wanting to fire up, considering who knows how long its been since the trjke had hat stuff on it opperational.
    Ill post up som updated pics soon.

--
    So, a little progress update:

The forks are done, new bars, all restored controls, with new levers, and all new cables. Wiring has all been fixed (everything works now), and dash is hooked up with a new ignition switch. I have also just put on my new front wheel and tire. Its actually getting down to basically plastics, and rear wheels and tires. The rear wheels and tires, I am going to try and order in the next few days. I do have a front fender en route, but still need the mudflaps. Anyway, here are a few updated pics..

Last edited by UPNATM; 09-04-2013 at 01:51 PM.

--
    Wow, very nice! I was thinking I wouldn't have bought it when I saw the first pic....until I saw what you paid! Mine wasn't much better and I paid 4x that much several years ago. Being a Missouri trike, mine also had the cupholder option installed.

Did you do the tank yourself? I'd like to get mine done, but I'm not a painter. Someone here does tanks, but I can't remember who it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    God knows they're not looking to make any effort to do anything, never mind move their foot to shift. If there was something that dispensed Cheetos every time they shifted that might be a different story. Welcome to America, where the biggest is best and even fat people who are too lazy to shift can climb a mountain.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankencelery View Post
    Wow, very nice!
    Did you do the tank yourself? I'd like to get mine done, but I'm not a painter. Someone here does tanks, but I can't remember who it is.
    Hey thanks! Its been a fun little project for me.
    As far as the tank, its the same tank that came on it. I just polished it out, and added new decals, and a new red Clark cap. It turned out pretty good, so im gunna run it.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //