//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: My new SX project and build. ****Finished****

--
    HEY!!!!! Very nice. great attention to detail.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyingw View Post
    HEY!!!!! Very nice. great attention to detail.

Thanks Jim! Coming from a guy who I know has an eye for the details, that means a lot.

--
    Looks awesome!

--
    Its the little details that catch my eye. More times than not, guys do the big stuff but miss the little stuff. Great job Brother.

--
    I thought about posting this up as a wtb add, but figured ah screw it, that I would just post it on here.
    Right now have two decent rear mud flaps that I am going to use, but the holes are kinda messed up, and I was hoping to be able to run the OE mounting hardware. But, I also have an NOS right side, and I am looking for a ( I know they are as rare as hens teeth) NOS left side to complete the set. If I can locate and NOS left side, I will sell off the other set I have. So, if anybody has any leads that would be great.

Chopsaw is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Looks great man . Fill me in on the front tire set up . Is that a stock size ?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Chopsaw View Post
    Looks great man . Fill me in on the front tire set up . Is that a stock size ?
    Thanks man! Actually no, it's not the stock size for the SX. I got the inspiration from Doug.....check out this thread for the info.

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...-for-the-250SX.

--
    So, I posted an add in the classifieds for a headlight guard, and was lucky enough to get a pm about one for sale. When it arrived, I decided to media blast it and paint it red, to sorta match my all red theme. I have a question though, and was hoping somebody out there could answer it for me. Did these guards when purchased back in the day as an accessory come with the center grille, or did you have to purchase it separately? My guard has the spots where the grille could, or would have been mounted.

Here are a couple of before and after pics.

Chopsaw is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    I believe it is separate . I saw one on EBay not to long ago in the bag , nos . I'm thinkin its hard to find .

When I say I saw one , I mean the 3 bar center section .
    Last edited by Chopsaw; 02-09-2014 at 10:37 PM.

--
    she is gorgeous man. good luck with finding some fenders.
    Trikes: All Honda: 84 250r, 85 86 and 87 250sx, 84 and 85 125m, 79 82 84 and 85 110's, 73 us 90 and 77 atc90, 75 atc70
    Cycles: Honda: 71 cb100, 78 cb750 coming soon cb750 trike. Yamaha: 67 yds 3 (250cc, 2cyl, 2 stroke), 82 750 SECA
    Other toys: Chenoweth VW sandrail dune buggy, old race go kart, racing mower, 76 Arctic Cat Pantera 440 snowmobile

KEEP IT ON ALL 3 OR AT LEAST 2 AT A TIME

--
    Quote Originally Posted by trike savior View Post
    she is gorgeous man. good luck with finding some fenders.
    Thanks man!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chopsaw View Post
    I believe it is separate . I saw one on EBay not to long ago in the bag , nos . I'm thinkin its hard to find .

When I say I saw one , I mean the 3 bar center section .
    Awesome, I am gunna keep my eyes peeled for the three bar grill to to add to my guard.

--
    That is correct. The guard and grill were separate. The holes are in the guard for the grill. I saw one on Ebay the other day.

--
    Your Sx looks very nice ! They are a great ride ....I love mine for sure it's street legal but I won't ride it in the city! To Dangerous for my trike!!!!!!! Ol Deuce
    DO the Best With What you got !

My Feed back :cool

--
    Quote Originally Posted by UPNATM View Post
    Thanks man! Actually no, it's not the stock size for the SX. I got the inspiration from Doug.....check out this thread for the info.

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...-for-the-250SX.

I also went with Doug's recommendation for my front tire/wheel set-up. I went with Bear Claws on all three corners... although I love 'em, I will admit that they are a little on the heavy side. What tire is that that you are running up front? Is it a 23x7-10?
    Current Trikes:

'86 350X (x2)
    '86 200X (x2)
    '86 250SX
    '85 250SX
    '85 250SX / 200X Hybrid
    '87 250ES
    '85 250ES
    '83 ATC 70

Current Quads:
    '16 Polaris Outlaw 110
    '14 Polaris Ranger XP 900
    '13 Polaris Sportsman XP 850
    '07 Honda Recon ES
    '05 Yamaha Raptor 80

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Marksman View Post
    I also went with Doug's recommendation for my front tire/wheel set-up. I went with Bear Claws on all three corners... although I love 'em, I will admit that they are a little on the heavy side. What tire is that that you are running up front? Is it a 23x7-10?
    Yep, it's a 23x7-10 Duro Thrasher.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //