//ArrowChat Code
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: My new SX project and build. ****Finished****

--
    No yellowing on my tank what so ever just light scratches and marks from the triple tree rubbing it. Just want to make it as smooth and cleAn as possible before putting decals on it. Never worked with a plastic tank so im lost

--
    Hey Dicky, decals on plastic tanks don't stay on. They are going to bubble right off. The fuel vapors leech through the plastic.

--
    I thought the same thing but I have seen people put them on with no issues the tank had stickers on it when I got it so I didnt know if it was worth a shot or not or if I should just leave it bare.

--
    You can try but more than likely they will bubble off.

--
    Well then I will probably pass on the tank stickers on my 350x but i still would love to learn the process to make my tank clean up even half as nice as this red one here's a picture of mine best I have sorry it looks really shiny in the pictures but pictures always make things look better than they really are

--
    Jim is right, the decals will bubble, but I've been pretty lucky with mine. I poked holes in mine with a needle to help with the bubbling, have been on since last year, and are still holding tough. I just rub my finger on the bubble spots that pop up every so often, and it's all good.

--
    Well, the new clutch is in, as is a heli coil for stripped out drain plug. Damn, I hate when that happens.
    Anyway, I was able to go out for a ride today and man, the new clutch rocks, and she ran great!
    While stopping for a quick break, I snapped a quick pic. Man these trikes are a lot of fun!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by UPNATM View Post
    Well, the new clutch is in, Damn,.
    Anyway, I snapped a quick pic. Man these trikes are a lot of fun!
    YUP!! They are a Blast BTW your Sx is really looking good!!!
    DO the Best With What you got !

My Feed back :cool

--
    It's been a good week, thanks to forum member unclecracker, I no longer have to steal my plastics off of my other SX. He sold me a super nice set of complete rear plastics to finally finish off my project SX. I did some digging this week and was able to find two NOS headlight guard grilles, for dirt cheap, so now I can add one to my guard.
    It's been an awesome project, and I can't wait for my daughter and I to be able to get some riding time in.

Thanks to everyone who helped along the way, with the supply of knowledge and parts.

My two Sx's, my finished project on the right.

--
    What a good looking pair!
    -Chad

--
    Sweet! I've been wanting to find a SX for a good while now. Saw one on CL last night that was posted a couple weeks ago for 150. I'm sure it's gone by now. Was only the frame, triples, one fork, and the engine. Would need loads of work. Anyway, back to your bike; I've always preferred the 87 colors, but for some reason, I really dig your red twins!

--
    Looks Great! Good Job.

I had some fun on my 86 SX on Sunday night. A very fun trike!
    Feedback thread:
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...-for-Daveand78

1985 ATC 200M
    1986 ATC 250SX

1996 Banshee

2001 Kawasaki KMX 125 (import from Thailand)

--
    Thanks everyone for the nice comments.

Quote Originally Posted by UPNATM View Post
    I did some digging this week and was able to find two NOS headlight guard grilles, for dirt cheap, so now I can add one to my guard.
    Score! They showed up. I love discontinued accessories!

--
    what bars are you running? are they any different than stock besides color and crossbar?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by dakotab View Post
    what bars are you running? are they any different than stock besides color and crossbar?
    They are pretty much the same profile, but with the crossbar.
    I got them off of ebay, Moose racing ATV low profile bars. Sorry, I dont remember the exact P#.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //