//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: FlyingW carb on my 250es

--
    Quote Originally Posted by dougspcs View Post
    Beauty, I'm good for differentials personally..all my machines are good.

I just wanted to see you craftsmanship..not disappointing at all.
    I would like to see him rebuild an engine . That would be an expensive build, but it would be as good as new then with Flyingw doing it :P.

--
    here's some of my past motor rebuilds.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_0264 (Copy).jpg   100_0267 (Copy).jpg   100_0717 (Copy).jpg   100_0719 (Copy).jpg   100_1001 (Copy).JPG   100_1005 (Copy).JPG  

100_1748 (Copy).JPG   100_1751 (Copy).JPG  

--
    A couple more
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_1472 [1024x768].JPG   100_2169 (Copy).JPG   100_3011 [1024x768].JPG   100_3012 [1024x768].JPG  

--
    Very nice!!!

--
    Mad skillzz Jim!!
    Current toys..
    1986 Honda 350X..trail bomb!
    1985 Honda 250SX..my main mudder
    1985 Honda 250ES..Back in Black Trike
    Current non-trike toys:
    1990 Honda TRX300FW
    1995 Seadoo GTX
    1998 Polaris Indy Lite 340(Nearly new looking)
    1998 Polaris Touring 500
    1998 Club Car (electric)

--
    Those engines look new.... just like the carbs!

Do you PC your self? I have been tossing the idea of getting into PCing my own stuff, mainly small things no frames or anything huge, but I'll need some fairly "big money" equipment such as the air compressor, work area, pc gun, and a sand/bead blaster would be ideal, maybe a DIY build .

--
    Yes I do. Fire1 convinced me to buy a PC gun and since then, its on like Donkey Kong. I bought a GE 30" wall oven and built a cabinet for it. PC is the bomb. The key is clean clean clean and preheating the part to temp then applying the PC. I don't have anything large enough to bake frames but I have a guy that does those for me. Aside from that, if it fits in the oven, I can do it. It should be noted that most of those motors I showed you are all except for the SX motor. The guy buying my SXs is also buying R Force One (250R) but I'm giving it a makeover before I sell it so that wont go until the Fall.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyingw View Post
    OK guys, here's some pics of how I remove the startup screw. Works every time. Remove the jet, send the drill through the jet, and reinstall. Be sure to shoot carb cleaner through the hole before reinstalling.
    That's great Jim. Thanks for taking the time to post up those pics. Looks like an easy enough fix.
    1985 Honda ATC 250ES
    1985 Honda ATC 250SX
    1984 Honda ATC 200M
    1983 Honda ATC 200
    1984 Honda ATC 110

--
    Jim does great work. I'm a stickler and the detail he puts into his work is second to none
    Trikes Currently Owned

~1970 Honda US90 - Complete restoration
    ~1974 Honda ATC90 - Complete restoration
    ~1985 Honda Big Red 250ES ATC
    ~1986 Honda 250SX ATC

Looking for a new OEM Hondaline Working Light bracket/stay for my Big Red

--

Post purchase

I'm pretty flexiable Big G. I have carbs ready to go. Typically its a flat rate with exchange or you can buy it outright and keep your old one. With the exchange, The carb needs to be rebuildable meaning the pilot screw and jets all turn and can be removed. I have tossed many carbs where the pilot screw broke off because its fused in the hole. I completely go through the carbs. I bead blast the outside to get all the old corrosion off. They are soaked in a cleaner, blown out, soaked again and blown out. I do the cold start mod on the 85 carbs by removing the startup jet and drilling it to .080mm. The bowl drain screw, main jet defuser, inside of the bowl, and the top plate all get bead blasted. I powder coat the top plate and vent hose holder just to protect the metal as opposed to have it replated. I like a little color to add detail. I put a fresh rebuild kit in to the carb and reassemble. I configure the vent hoses in the 85 configuration. Two simple vent hoses. The 86 carbs had that vent hose mess on them. I adjust the linkage per the manual, and then I install it on my SX and run it. It it doesn't perform to my satisfaction, it gets pulled apart again until it does but out of more than a dozen of these I've rebuilt and tested, only one had to be pulled apart and reworked.

I spend on average about three hours on each carb. I'm pretty anal when it comes to these and that's why therer hasn't been a single gripe. A couple of guys have had to tweak the pilot screw a little but that's because every engine breathes differently but for the most part, they have been turnkey.

Since you're in Canada, the cost to you will be a bit more because if international shipping. A medium flat rate international box is 41.00 to Canada whereas a small priority box in the US is about 9.00 to ship.

Here's a few options.

Buy one of my rebuilt carbs outright - 180.00 USD shipped
    Buy one of my carbs with rebuildable exchange - 155.00 USD shipped
    Send me yours and I'll rebuild it - 135.00 USD with return shipping included

As far as the vent tube holders I've been asking for, I gave my machinst at work a holder and a drawing. He's going to try to cut them out on the Waterjet. Hopefully that will work. If it does, I'll have him cut me out a bunch of them but I have to wait until he hits a slow day to do it.
    how do I purchase a carb. for BIG RED From you. Thanks

--

1986 big red

Oh and if anybody is interested, I have a rebuilt ES differential ready to go and as soon as the bearing and seal kit arrive, I'll have an SX diff too. 325.00 completely rebuilt and powder coated. Good for another 25 years. If you guys have a diff you need rebuilt, shoot me a message. I got it going on......
    Are u still in biz ?

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //