//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: FlyingW carb on my 250es

--

FlyingW carb on my 250es

I got one of his rebuilds in last week. Its likely the nicest looking thing on my trike, and its in great shape... I should have took a picture. New EVERYTHING as far as parts. New carb kit, screws and powder coated cap and hose rings, new hoses as well. Now that the looks are taken care of I installed the same day it arrived, and its dialed in perfectly. I need to go for a long drive to check plug color, but she purrs like a kitten, and I could not get mine to idle right to same my life. I give a 10/10. Not often something exceeds your expectations. Highly recommended.

Larry T Moore is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Jim is the shizz!!!...got one of his carbs on my 85 250sx....roosts like a now!!...plus he set me up with a lot of nice stuff

--
    Yep, Jim is the man! He rebuilt my Sx carb as well. His attention to detail is top notch!
    Shoot, even though my newest Sx I just got runs good, I am more than likly down the road some going to send its carb to him just because he does such an awesome job on them!

Aaron

--
    I agree with all of your comments. I got a lot of really nice SX parts from Jim and I also got one of his rebuilt carbs. I haven't installed it yet, but it looks as nice as a brand new carb.
    Dave
    Feedback thread:
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...-for-Daveand78

1985 ATC 200M
    1986 ATC 250SX

1996 Banshee

2001 Kawasaki KMX 125 (import from Thailand)

--
    I aim to please fellas. I'm glad you guys are happy with my work. I would hate it if I went through all that work just to have it not work right and that's why I run every one of them before I sell them.

Worden18 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    This is good to know. Probably won't be long and I'll be asking Jim to rebuild the carb off my 85 250es. It's nice to see people do things right.
    My Trikes:

1983 Honda 185s
    1986 Honda 250es Big Red
    1985 Yamaha 225 DX
    1984 Yamaha 200EL "Yamahauler"

--
    Wonder who has my old carb?

--
    yeah he dials it in with details. I never seen a cleaner bead blasted powder coated carb before but now I am running mikuni and will never go back to keyheiny or WTF its called.
    ♠ 58 ♠

▓ ▓
    Ride 3

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyingw View Post
    I aim to please fellas. I'm glad you guys are happy with my work. I would hate it if I went through all that work just to have it not work right and that's why I run every one of them before I sell them.
    Just an idea, you could throw your service in your sig so more people see what you do. Could also put the things you need (cores and the hose holders).

Ontopic:

I don't have a carb from Flyingw, but every post I have seen relating to them has always been positive, I thought for sure this thread was someone with an issue, nope not one yet .

--
    Hey Flyingw offered this service. How does it work? Do you send in your carb and he rebuilds it, or does he keep that one and send back one that's ready to go. Also, I have an '85 250ES which are known for the cold start choke issue. Do you know if the replacement would come with the upgraded jet to cure this problem?
    1985 Honda ATC 250ES
    1985 Honda ATC 250SX
    1984 Honda ATC 200M
    1983 Honda ATC 200
    1984 Honda ATC 110

--
    I'm pretty flexiable Big G. I have carbs ready to go. Typically its a flat rate with exchange or you can buy it outright and keep your old one. With the exchange, The carb needs to be rebuildable meaning the pilot screw and jets all turn and can be removed. I have tossed many carbs where the pilot screw broke off because its fused in the hole. I completely go through the carbs. I bead blast the outside to get all the old corrosion off. They are soaked in a cleaner, blown out, soaked again and blown out. I do the cold start mod on the 85 carbs by removing the startup jet and drilling it to .080mm. The bowl drain screw, main jet defuser, inside of the bowl, and the top plate all get bead blasted. I powder coat the top plate and vent hose holder just to protect the metal as opposed to have it replated. I like a little color to add detail. I put a fresh rebuild kit in to the carb and reassemble. I configure the vent hoses in the 85 configuration. Two simple vent hoses. The 86 carbs had that vent hose mess on them. I adjust the linkage per the manual, and then I install it on my SX and run it. It it doesn't perform to my satisfaction, it gets pulled apart again until it does but out of more than a dozen of these I've rebuilt and tested, only one had to be pulled apart and reworked.

I spend on average about three hours on each carb. I'm pretty anal when it comes to these and that's why therer hasn't been a single gripe. A couple of guys have had to tweak the pilot screw a little but that's because every engine breathes differently but for the most part, they have been turnkey.

Since you're in Canada, the cost to you will be a bit more because if international shipping. A medium flat rate international box is 41.00 to Canada whereas a small priority box in the US is about 9.00 to ship.

Here's a few options.

Buy one of my rebuilt carbs outright - 180.00 USD shipped
    Buy one of my carbs with rebuildable exchange - 155.00 USD shipped
    Send me yours and I'll rebuild it - 135.00 USD with return shipping included

As far as the vent tube holders I've been asking for, I gave my machinst at work a holder and a drawing. He's going to try to cut them out on the Waterjet. Hopefully that will work. If it does, I'll have him cut me out a bunch of them but I have to wait until he hits a slow day to do it.

--
    Thanks for the response Flyingw...you pretty much answered any questions I had! I'd likely send you the carb I have for you to rebuild as I want to keep my trike all original. I don't have any issues with the carb other than the cold start problem. I'll keep you in mind if it drives me crazy again this winter to try and start it when cold! ha ha.

Thanks again!
    1985 Honda ATC 250ES
    1985 Honda ATC 250SX
    1984 Honda ATC 200M
    1983 Honda ATC 200
    1984 Honda ATC 110

--
    If thats the only issue you have with yours, find a set of micro drills that has the .080mm drill and do it yourself. I think my set was a whopping 3.00 at a local tool store. I put it in my Dremmel and send the drill through it. Getting the startup jet out is easy. #4 sheetmetal screw and an old flat blade screwdriver with a slot cut in it so it fits up under the screw head. Screw the #4 screw in about 1 full turn. Don't worry about hurting the jet with the screw. The metering hole is down below where the sheetmetal screw goes. I place the shank from another screwdriver on top of the jet stack so the slotted screwdriver is about level and I pry the startup jet out. Easy peasy japaneasy.. The next time I do one, I'll take some pictures. If you can't find the drills, let me know and I'll pick them up here and mail it to you. Up there where you are you need the cold start mod. The problem is the jet is too small and it didn't provide enough fuel to fire a cold soaked motor. The 86 carbs had a larger jet.

--
    I bought me one of Jims carbs today for my newest 250es..

I've seen pictures, now I'm gonna have one of my own.

Pretty excited here!!
    Current toys..
    1986 Honda 350X..trail bomb!
    1985 Honda 250SX..my main mudder
    1985 Honda 250ES..Back in Black Trike
    Current non-trike toys:
    1990 Honda TRX300FW
    1995 Seadoo GTX
    1998 Polaris Indy Lite 340(Nearly new looking)
    1998 Polaris Touring 500
    1998 Club Car (electric)

--
    You guys are funny. They're just carbs..... rebuilt with LOVE!!!!!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //