//ArrowChat Code

Thread: '89 'Zilla for my 2 sleds???

--

'89 'Zilla for my 2 sleds???

So we have decided snowmobiling has about played itself out for us for a variety of reasons.

I have had my '99 Mach-Z, '01 MXZ 700, old 2 place trailer and several other extras for sale for awhile, and as you would imagine I haven't had alot of bites from serious buyers due to the time of year. I expect that.

What's interesting though, is I have been offered an '89 Quadzilla that looks to be pretty solid overall. Couple minor cracks in the plastic but I'm not worried about that. Maier offers all the plastics still. It has been ported by Dynoport and has a full Dynoport exhaust. This thing is really tempting me. I have pipe dreamed about having a 'Zilla since I was a pretty young kid and still have the desire to own one.

Thing is, I looked up book values on NADA and the 'Zilla only books for a little over $1500 in excellent condition. Each of my sleds book for 1700 and 1800 on the low side and 2300 and 2400 on the high side. My sleds are well maintained and in excellent shape. I know book values don't necessarily reflect what people will actually pay in any given area. I know for a fact due to the tough economy and bad winters the last couple years people just aren't going to pay book prices for used sleds around here. I see earlier REVs selling for about what my 01 MXZ books for on the high end. I was hoping to trade the whole package for just about any 450, or partial trade for a 400ex, or one sled for a 400ex, or any other reasonably fair deal. I just want to get the sleds gone and get another wheeler.

What do you guys think??? I'm kind of torn and biting my nails on this one....
    Trikes:
    '85 ATC 350R
    '85 ATC 250R
    '86 ATC 350X
    '85 ATC 350X
    '84 ATC 200ES Big Red
    '84 ATC 125M
    '85 ATC 110
    '85 ATC 70/110

If you have bought from me or sold to me, please leave me feedback here>>> http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...+RIDE-RED+250r

--
    Joe,

I have seen a lot of the older Suzuki quadracers and quadzillas up on CL over the last few months for cheap and they do not appear to sell. The sleds are the wrong time of year, but they will sell in the fall. I think you will get more for the sleds or trade for something that is worth more and in higher demand. If it were a nice 1989 TRX250r I would jump on it.
    Tom

1983 ATC 110
    1985 ATC 250SX
    1985 ATC 250ES
    2 - 1985 ATC 250r's
    1986 ATC 250r

Please leave feedback if you deal with me in any way. Thank you.
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...dback-for-t65h

--
    honestly i think your 2 sleds are worth more, and the quadzilla is lemon colored. A nice Banshee would kill the zilla and probably be more reliable. Just an opinion...

Seems to be lots of Zillas for sale in MI now, but i see some of the cheaper ones have disappeared.
    86 T3
    84 T3
    86 KX250

--
    Thank you both for the replies.

Honestly, the last thing I was expecting to be offered in trade was a Zilla, so I didn't do any preemptive research to get boned up on what they are generally worth. What I was hoping/planning for was an offer of a later 400ex or earlier 450 of just about any brand. And frankly, if I was offered an '04-'06ish Honda, Yammi, Zuki 450, or mid 2000's Raptor for both sleds with all accessories I was planning to jump on it. And I think it would be a pretty square trade for both sides.

The thing I was unsure of is I kind of thought maybe the Zillas are worth a bit more as kind of a novelty/collector thing. But at the same time I was unsure if letting my whole ensemble go was remotely fair for me. You guys helped me out alot and I appreciate it! I am going to see if he will take one sled and the extras that go with it. Heck, I'll even throw in the trailer. It's and '86 so it's not worth a fortune but I think it would sweeten the deal a little for him enough to make up for the sleds being out of season right now....

BTW, here is my ad if you guys want to see what I have. Feel free to make suggestions, tell me what you think and if you think my price is high, low or just right. I have the package for sale for a pretty low price I think because the sleds are out of season right now.

What do you guys think?? http://syracuse.craigslist.org/rvs/3808111895.html
    Trikes:
    '85 ATC 350R
    '85 ATC 250R
    '86 ATC 350X
    '85 ATC 350X
    '84 ATC 200ES Big Red
    '84 ATC 125M
    '85 ATC 110
    '85 ATC 70/110

If you have bought from me or sold to me, please leave me feedback here>>> http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...+RIDE-RED+250r

--
    Sled game just isn't what it used to be,here in PA anyhow. I just bought a 05 F7 Sno Pro from a customer for $900. His price. He knew I wasn't touching it unless it was cheap. I usually run an ad and buy up a few dirt cheap,but all of those I have stolen/bought,for the last couple years are still sitting here... Hopefully you can find someone who wants Ski Doos for their quad ! Hope it all works out for ya !
    Please help those who cannot help themselves.

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

Gun laws do not stop criminals. BULLETS do.

--
    if your not using the sleds sell them. dont trade for the zilla...because as we all know none of us can leave things together and you mark my works WILL spend $1000 on it. I always seem some done up forsale and everyone selling them seems to have a banshee in the garaged parked next to it...just pass on it save some money and invest what you think you'd spend on it...come talk to me 10 years from now prob say best advice you ever took.

cuz i garentee 10 years from now a zilla is still gonna be work 1500 and you $1000 yo were gonna spend on it is gonn be worth at least 4X as much.

zillas are great to say you have one...wouldnt ride one now days they are known for hard starters and head issues.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by nd4speed View Post
    honestly i think your 2 sleds are worth more, and the quadzilla is lemon colored. A nice Banshee would kill the zilla and probably be more reliable. Just an opinion...

Seems to be lots of Zillas for sale in MI now, but i see some of the cheaper ones have disappeared.
    Send me any links you find of any 'Zillas up your way or anywhere from Atlanta,GA to Michigan. I'll take a beat down or project 'Zilla too.
    "You should never smoke in pajamas..
    You might start a fire and burn your face..
    Maybe you should return to Manaugua..
    You could go un-noticed in such a place"

FZ

Ass,gas or grass....nobody rides for free!

Ride free,Brotha. See you in Heaven.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //