//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: What was the first bike, trike, or quad you ever rode?

--
    first bike i ever rode was fat cat dont know who made it was like a minibike with three wheeler tires i rode it right onto the barn door . lol
    " Anything with four wheels your suposed to ride IN not ON "

--
    First bike i ever owned was a brand new suzuki jr50 my dad bought me for my 6th or 7th birthday. I rode that thing until i was too big for it. Had some nasty spills on that bike, but hey, it comes with the territory. After i outgrew that, i started riding my dads '81 185s. He eventually bought a utility quad, so the 185 became mine. I rode that thing until it blew up, i think i was a junior in highschool. I came home from a day of riding, and it wasnt idling right, and bogged at low rpms, i parked it for the night, and when i went to start it the next day, the engine was seized. I traded it straight up for a fl250 odyssey with a blown piston ring, rebuilt it and rode that until i moved away from home. Worst wreck i had ever been in was in that. I flipped it four times end over end at full speed, which is like 40 mph or so. The initial impact was so hard, my helmet came off my head because it landed upside down, then continued to roll. I would not be here today if not for the roll cage and 4 point harness. I have pictures of before and after i that show people, and they always tell me how lucky i got. My right rotator cuff is still messed up to this day because of that crash. That was the last thing i owned before my current 250r. So there was about an 8 year gap where my toys were cars and offroad trucks.

Eta: i mentioned not being here if it werent for the roll cage on my odyssey, but really i should thank my dad. He was looking it over after i bought it and noticed that only like 2 bolts were actually holding the cage to the frame. I just blew him off, so he pulled the carb off of it, and locked it in his tool box until i put all new bolts in the cage. Had he not put his foot down on that, i may not be telling this story today.
    Last edited by SiiCHo; 06-12-2013 at 12:11 PM.
    Current Trike- '84 250R

Past Machines-
    '83 FL250 Odyssey
    '81 ATC 185s

--

Honda ATC 110

On my uncles Honda ATC 110

I never remember this thing with brakes first run on it was around 5 on behind him or older brother

After a few years of waiting got to use it most weekends chipped my two front teeth on this had many a cope and my brother lost his middle toe in it after crashing into a Gate post

Then it seized (wasn't much of a mechanic back then)

A few more years later I saved enough money to buy one of my own went at on a weeks holiday with the family to sunny portrush which is still in northern Ireland by the way I came back to a seized 110 never to find out what our who done it and now I'm after a 3rd gen 250r

Ross

--
    My first I would say was an "over sized go-cart". Ok... it was an old beater car out in the woods! My dad hulled scrap for a living for around 3-5 years (no work around the area) so he got a lot of cars for cheap mainly to scrap or fix and resale. Anyway, he dedicates the "junk but running" ones to be beat out in the woods till they die before he hulled them in for scrap, normally it only took a few trips with him driving and the shape the cars were in . Anyway, I drove one of them at around 8 years old. I remember having to wear sun glasses because it sprayed out a little oil, and it was some old V8 car my dad chopped the top off, no glass. Come to think of it, pretty sure it was some sort of 4 door Oldsmobile with a 350 v8 since he was trying to "take a easy" on it to keep the engine good lol. Everything was on private property, so it was legal, but safty was a bit on the low side, I did have them sun glasses for saftey glasses .

And people wonder why I'm pretty crazy, and my dad is 5x more crazy lol. Funny thing is... we never stopped riding out in the woods, I have a $300 Jeep I bought a week ago that is going to the testing grounds. It has 280k miles, 4x4 works well, but the old v8 is tired, and smoking. Body is pretty shot, all 4 tires don't match, rear window busted out, front end is extremely sloppy, etc.

------------------------------

For the first real go-cark/atv I drove, I would say it was a go-cart at my dad's side family reunion back when I was probably around 6-7ish. It was one of them 5hp 1 wheel peal style, after the ride, I tried to get out, put my left foot down, and my right knee bumped the throttle wide open and did a nice little burnout on my ankle. Needless to say, I prefered the car driving .

--
    my first was an atc110 1980,i was 9 yrs, then came a 1984 200x.sold in 1986.also raced my sponsors nicolson frame 500 atc in flat track in south florida.it is nice flashing back to the 80 s

--
    Quote Originally Posted by jermtoad View Post
    first bike i ever rode was fat cat dont know who made it was like a minibike with three wheeler tires i rode it right onto the barn door . lol
    If it was a fat cat, they were also Honda but much larger than a mini bike, its taller than my 200X and 250R. I love mine

1984 ATC 200XR
    1984 ATC 300R
    1983 ATC 88

Feedback for Mike Pargiello

--
    My first ride was on christmas day 1985 on my brand new honda atc 70 that santa brought me. I will never forget it.

kebby28 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    First motorized buggy- 73 arctic cat panther 340...
    First trike- 84 200s I was 13 in 1993

--
    First trike was a 90 or 110. First quad was an old Polaris. first dirtbike was a Honda 80.
    Last edited by hatc200x1; 09-02-2013 at 01:35 AM.

--
    You spoiled kids who got new ones make me sick. A least a little bit. A neighbor kid got a new Honda ATC in the early 80s and he hogged it for sure, never let anyone else ride it.

I think the first machine I rode was a 1980 ATC 185. A buddy owned it and we camped at his place during hunting season. Being a generous soul, he let me ride it. This started when I was 14 or 15. I was hooked! I rode that thing all over the woods, took it many places it shouldn't have gone, but it went anyhow.

After a few years he decided to get rid of it, so soon after I graduated from high school in 1987 I drove the 2.5 hours to his place and bought it for $300. I owned it until early 2007 when I sold it for more than I'd originally paid. It was pure hard tail with no suspension anywhere, and by then my body didn't enjoy that kind of ride very much.

Russ

--
    I'm not sure of the year of the machine, but it was a Honda ATC 110. I think it was a 82 or 83.

--
    First thing I ever rode was my brothers 87 fourtrax 250, I think I was about 10 maybe? But the first thing I ever owned was a 79 Honda twinstar cm185t which I Still own I got it when I was 13
    Quote Originally Posted by Howdy View Post
    Yea, looked like a monkey ******* a football. LMAO
    Howdy

Currently Own-

84 250R My Baby/Project
    83 Yamaha 225dx
    79 Honda Twinstar - Big Ole Turd

Heres My Feedback Page
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...for-ColtonGG33

--
    First fourwheeler was a little offbrand called a Brute 90, ended up selling that and I didn't have any motorized toys for 5 years about. I ended up getting my grandpas 3 wheelers that just sat behind his shed for years. Sold those to buy my 200x I have now. Just a week ago I got my first bike, 99 yz 125.. scary at first haha
    1986 250r - Fully rebuilt from the ground up!
    - http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ATC-250r-Build
    1985 Tri Z - Next project!
    1982 250r - Sold
    1983 Auto X - Sold
    1984 Auto X - Sold
    1985 200M - Sold
    1985 YTM 125 - Sold
    1985 185 - Sold
    1984 185 - Sold

1/21/2013 - RIP Grandpa Rosa, great man, will be missed.. Love you

Check out my feedback:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-CodyRosa

brd812 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    First machine I rode was a Honda trail 80, first bike I owned Suzuki DS 100 and first atv I rode was a Honda 110, which lead to the purchase of the mighty ALT 185.
    "If you are going to piss like puppy, Don't Get Off The Porch"
    Trikes:
    84' Suzuki ALT185 (old Orange)
    85' Yamaha 225DX, piped and spaced ( First Girlfriend)
    Quads
    87' Yamaha Banshee, built and very very fast (The Whore)
    01 Yamaha Raptor 660, built and piped (The Beast)
    03 Suzuki Vinson, 26's and piped (The Crowd Pleaser)
    Once apon a time:
    85' Tecate 300 alky flattacker, 6 in over swingarm, 88 Suzuki 500"Quadzilla"PIA , 91 Yamaha Warrior Built and Modded. (luved that Baby Tank)

--
    1985 big red 250. =)

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //