//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What was the first bike, trike, or quad you ever rode?

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --

What was the first bike, trike, or quad you ever rode?

Hello Everyone

What was the very first bike, trike, or quad you ever rode? May include mini bikes, motorcycles, go carts and 3 and 4 wheelers only.

Feel free to include your age at the time and any length story you like up to the sites limit of 6000 characters, however shorter stories are preferred.

RULES

1. No profanity.

2. No stories of evading police or other authorities. If your story includes such events simply eliminate that portion or modify it accordingly.

3. No stories of drugs or under aged drinking.

4. No stories of injuries to others or animals but if you hurt yourself that's acceptable.

5. No stories of serious illegal activities and if they contain minor infractions of the law you must say “I’m sorry I did that” at the end of your post so others don’t think it’s ok to do.

6. NO NEGATIVE COMMENTS OR JOKES AIMED AT OTHER MEMBERS

Quote Originally Posted by Howdy View Post
    Keep it clean and on topic!!
    Howdy

Forum: New Member discussion
    “This forum is for all new member discussion and interaction”

--
    I think I was like 6, we got a manco indy car go kart. Little 5hp b&s, tiny drive sprocket and sub-par brakes. Geared so much you had to get a push start but WOW did it wind out! That was the beginning of my gas powered obsession still have it to this day
    Last edited by M.Pargiello; 06-11-2013 at 11:32 AM.

1984 ATC 200XR
    1984 ATC 300R
    1983 ATC 88

Feedback for Mike Pargiello

--
    I look to be about 4 or so in this picture. That was my Kawasaki! We can pretend it’s a Tecate lol

I think my first real bike I ever owned was an 82 XT250 enduro Yamaha. Heavy junk bike it was! Bought it when I turned 21, laid it down in the guys front yard that I was buying it from and said theres no way in hell im buying this bike. So my brother ATC-Eric said he was going to buy it right there and I bought so he couldn’t have it lmao

Used to ride Go Carts as kids from like age 11 and up, Eric and I both had our own and we tore up the rock roads and fields and parking lots everywhere we went! Always wanted an ATV of some sort but the parents we determined we would kill ourselves on them so we never had one until we could buy them ourselves
    TrikeFest 07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14 SandPuppie's Ride 07,08,09 Imperial Invasion 09, 13

Larry T Moore is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    first bike was an Indian 50...then the step dad had a heart attack and bought the fist 1980 110 the Honda dealership had in....rode it until I almost killed it..then stepped up to bikes for a bit.....but always back to the 110..we restored the 110 in 1985 and sold it at auction when the step dad passed and bought a brand new 200s...sold it when I got married and regretted it for years...finally bought an 86 200x and kept it until the rings started letting it smoke and never fixed it...and then fixed up a 1979 70 for my son and fixed up another 85 BIG RED....then I got lucky and scored a nice 1984 200 that came from the now gone dealership the 110 came from....wound up trading the 200 to my ex brother in law for his 86 250r because he got a bone disease and couldnt work the clutch...had it gone thru and had a 330 kit put in and rode the crap out of it until the divorce...lost the big red and fought over the 250r and 70 for 3 years...finally got them but the ex's new hubby had tore up the 250r..not by riding but making it so I had to fix it to ride it...anyway..last winter got my 250sx and have been fixing it up and done some trading...wound up with the frankentrike 90...and with help from flyingw I got a nice rider..my story and Im sticking to it..

maxdallasfan is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Isn't it funny how all kids start out riding tricycles? Flip hazard on those if you ask me!

My first was a Suzuki LT185. Beat the heck out of it, but it kept going. Come to think of it, we had it for 5 years, and I don't ever recall doing any kind of service on it. Just gas n go baby!

--
    I believe i was 7 or 8 and my dad bought me a brand new yellow tri-zinger for my birthday. i drove the tires bald on it in 2 years there was a field that the railroad company owned near my neighborhood that i went riding in, and also the neighborhood roads i guess thats the reason for the bald tires. traded in for a moto-4 80 when i was 10. and wished i had it back ever since.

--
    i was 6, Dad bought me a 1983ish suzuki alt125. I rode the holy piss outta that thing as a kid and it still ran after years of sitting out in the shed, flat tires, 10 year old gas and plug, untouched but still fired right up!! Old bikes rule
    1985 250r-LED Performance 4mm Stroker motor
    1978 ATC70 w/ Piranha 140cc
    1972 - K1 - CT70 w/lifan 125cc
    2017 YZ 250x- Braap

Youtube channel = http://www.youtube.com/user/ter5678/videos

--
    Being from a different generation my story is a bit different. As a kid I never had any kind of motorized toy. I had a Schwinn bicycle as a kid and rode that everywhere. I didn't get my big red until 1985 when I was 45 years old. It was bought to use on our fishing trips to the the bush up around Chapleau, Ontario. Hauled my boat everywhere there was a trail. I still have it today. I am now 69 years old.
    85 Big Red
    83 Big Red
    84 125m
    85 TRX 125
    73 ATC 70

--
    when I turned 7 seven my dad bought me an 85 klt160 atc shaft
    drive it was awesome,except for not having brakes.but had tons
    of fun on it,ran my leg over many times.

--
    My first experience riding an ATV of any kind on my own, it was about 1986 and I was about 8 years old. The machine was an '86 Honda TRX200sx. I felt like a king operating any sort of machine without an adult being on it with me! Back in those days, my family was just getting into ATV's in general, and as much as I hate to admit it, they were quite anti-3 wheeler due to the witch hunt being in full swing at that time. Over the next several years, as my brothers and I began to acquire a trike or 2 here and there because they were dirt cheap, we began to realize the fallacy of the anti-3 wheeler crusade. And over time, we got most of the rest of the family to not curse them...

If this counts, probably the first ever motorized recreational vehicle I ever operated solo bar none was a 1973 Arctic Cat Lynx with a 292 Kawi mill... I think I was probably about 6 or 7. MAN that thing was FAST to me!

Jason: in that pic you posted it looks like you are saying "BRAAAAAPPPP!" By any chance was that your first word??
    Trikes:
    '85 ATC 350R
    '85 ATC 250R
    '86 ATC 350X
    '85 ATC 350X
    '84 ATC 200ES Big Red
    '84 ATC 125M
    '85 ATC 110
    '85 ATC 70/110

If you have bought from me or sold to me, please leave me feedback here>>> http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...+RIDE-RED+250r

ScreaminRed is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    My very first motorized bike was a "thing" called El Tigre or at least that's what we called it, 'cause the seat cover said so. It was my older brothers' when he was little and he's 13 years older than me, what a hand-me down. But, i was grateful
    because i was the only one who had any kind of bike amongst my friends. The mini-bike was the type with a pull start motor &
    centrifical clutch and a metal brake pad that mashed the rear tire to slow down. Just give 'er the gas and go!
    It was fun, and i was hooked from then on.

--
    Yamaha Tri-Moto 175(Brand New) don't remember how old I was but I could barely touch the shifter and brake pedal without stretching! Had it on the farm for many years and many people beat it in to the ground. It was one tough 2stroke Yammy
    1986 Honda 350X
    1985 Yamaha Tri-Z 250
    2006 Honda TRX400ex,,,(YA! YA!,,,,,I KNOW IT'S ONE OF THEM 4 WHEEL THINGS!!!!!)

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ack+for+sp8twn

fastatc70 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    My first bike I rode was a Suzuki jr50. The first bike I owned was a Suzuki rm60.

The first trike I rode was a 84 atc200x. First trike I owned was a 86 atc250r

The first quad I rode was a 87 LT 500. I purchased it that day. Out of all the machines I have owned the only few I regret selling are the LT 500 and a like new 350x, so new I wouldn't ride it for fear of scratching it.
    Trikes:
    1985 ATC 70 mod to 184cc
    1984 ATC70 mod to 124cc
    1983 ATC 70 Xmas restoration

Quads:
    1986 TRX 250R
    2002 TRX 400EX
    2- LT80 for the kids
    1986 LT 50

--
    Lol I was shouting something in that picture Lord knows what though! If you met me n person you'd know I can be loud and obnoxious at times hahaha nothing's changed

Quote Originally Posted by RIDE-RED 250r View Post
    My first experience riding an ATV of any kind on my own, it was about 1986 and I was about 8 years old. The machine was an '86 Honda TRX200sx. I felt like a king operating any sort of machine without an adult being on it with me! Back in those days, my family was just getting into ATV's in general, and as much as I hate to admit it, they were quite anti-3 wheeler due to the witch hunt being in full swing at that time. Over the next several years, as my brothers and I began to acquire a trike or 2 here and there because they were dirt cheap, we began to realize the fallacy of the anti-3 wheeler crusade. And over time, we got most of the rest of the family to not curse them...

If this counts, probably the first ever motorized recreational vehicle I ever operated solo bar none was a 1973 Arctic Cat Lynx with a 292 Kawi mill... I think I was probably about 6 or 7. MAN that thing was FAST to me!

Jason: in that pic you posted it looks like you are saying "BRAAAAAPPPP!" By any chance was that your first word??
    TrikeFest 07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14 SandPuppie's Ride 07,08,09 Imperial Invasion 09, 13

--
    1976 Honda MR175.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //