//ArrowChat Code

Thread: About the MX races.

--

About the MX races.

Trust me, I had a great time at TF regardless but I couldn't hear anything and missed my race.

When I raced BMX there was cork board giving you an rough estimate of when you race was up, suppose you had a flat or had to use the restroom?

I even watched a Pro AMA Supercross race get held up when the rider had to use the bathroom.

It's my own fault and I should have just brought a chair and stayed there all afternoon.

I'm not the only one, others missed out on their race. Xowner at the drags would call people out 3 times before scratching them.

I specifically asked a track official who told me I had plenty of time and 8 minutes later I came back with a chair and my main was running. I came back and was told "oh, I'm sorry" by the official. All my friends knew I was there to race!

I practiced the day before and felt very comfortable on that big track.

I will gladly donate a large dry erase board for future confusion; The volume of the guys calling out the races needs to be higher though.

Anyhow, to redeem myself. I went to the backbone, looked at and thought AOK and the next throttle blip was wide open and I was towed back. Because of the training the day before, I had pinched my throttle cable in my 250R fork stops on the 350X frame stop from bottoming the front end the day before.

That may have been a blessing in disguise because if I raced it, it could have ended in a very very bad situation/accident.

Maybe someone was looking out for me
    Last edited by Dirtcrasher; 06-26-2013 at 07:38 PM. Reason: spelling
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    You were doing awesome at practice and you will have a whole year to get everything ready to hit the track. We had a blast hanging with you and cant wait to do it again. A dry erase board would be a good idea to see when everything is going to be happening in what order.
    Just sit back and chillaxx

--
    Thank you! I will come back stronger, lighter and in better shape; With an even better suspension and more motor work done.

2nd NOS 350X motor will be heading out the door soon.

That track no longer intimidates me!

I ain't skeered..................!!
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    I agree on the speaker it sucks at the awards ceremony too. You can only make out half of what is being said.
    my feedback thread http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...-hoosierlogger

TRIKEFEST 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16

Current rides
    Taurus 650 (green)
    85 250es big red
    83 ALT50 (5 year old daughters)
    82 ALT50
    82 ALT50
    84 atc 70 stroked big bore 90 STILL in progress.
    71 QA50
    93 TRX 300 FW

Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Ya'll are the biggest bunch of whining b!tches I've seen in my entire life.
    You might be strong as an ox, but without a cart you are just a big dumb animal.

--
    I had a portable karaoke machine and a mic at camp listenening to the radio too!! I should have went and got it. Count on it being there next year for sure guys....you are welcome to use it....
    HEY YOU WORM PICKERS..QUIT PICKIN' MY WORMS!
    Owner of the world' widest atc plow
    Builder of 3 wheeler accessories such as Big Red suspension sidecars,Big red's with full roofs, 3 wheeler elevators, and NOS powered 2 speed tri zingers

"Hold my beer.......watch this sh@# !!!!!!

rray62 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtcrasher View Post
    That track no longer intimidates me!
    I'm glad I could help

"chickenhawk"

Thanks to: Cosmic Quads, Moto Tassinari, CT Racing, Keihin Carbs, Sudco, Renthal, Hinson Racing, Race Tech Suspension, Lonestar Racing, Kenda, ASV levers, Maier, Daystar, OMF wheels, Hel brake lines, Gaerne, Fly Racing gear, Rath racing, Dirt Wheels Magazine.

And most of all, thanks to ATVonDemand!

Also like to thank my sponsor for the Trikefest 2013 Devil's Backbone hill climb in reverse Eric Jensen, without him this would have never been possible.....literally!!!!

--
    I had a great time learning to ride a three-wheeler at the back of the 350X class.

It was great to see Haspin out prepping the track for us. maybe a little more watering and a little less disk work would have let the track work in sooner, but all in all, It looked like less dust for the guys running the big track, compared to previous years and its fun to let your machine rip a little on the big bowl turns. The rollers were a lot of fun and lots of people doubled the finish line jump, with no fatalities. So much for the widow maker jumps.

Loved the Open Expert class this year on the faster track with a deeper talent pool this year and all of the hybrids.

What about the possibility of an Open Vintage class as a second premiere class next year? This would allow the fastest vintage guys from the 200X, Open 4 Stroke and Two-Stroke classes to go head to head. It could replace one of the two-stroke classes so the day wouldn't have to take any longer. It would give all the vintage sport guys a second class to run and create competition among the vintage racers and more interest for the spectators seeing who can dethrone the two-strokes. The most elite vintage guys could still run Open Expert class..... Just an idea.

Big thanks to everyone who worked all day in the heat to put the races on. With none of us paying entry to compete, it's obviously volunteer work. I've been wanting to run a race at Trikefest for around 5 years now. Glad I can finally cross that one out on the bucket list. I'll be back to filming next year.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ATV On Demand View Post
    What about the possibility of an Open Vintage class as a second premiere class next year?
    YES!! I have a lot of changes to make for next year and that is at the top of the list. We axed that class a few years back because it was basically all the same people as Open. Now we have enough participation to bring that class back.

--
    Great thread, DC. Our biggest problem was because of the size / distance, we didn't have any communication between the starting line, scorers table and finish line.
    That is fixed easily enough, but that was one big change from the small track, and has harder to adapt to than I anticipated. So......

I want everyone to chime in and let me know what you did and did not like about MX this year.
    Once everybody has a chance to post up, I will give some feedback and my ideas for what to do differently next year.
    Don't be afraid to be very critical (seriously, I can take it). Just looking for constructive feedback, so fire away, folks.

--
    Radios are a must for next year, as well as a board to let people know the running order.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ditchmud View Post
    Radios are a must for next year, as well as a board to let people know the running order.
    Board is a good idea, along with letting everyone know exactly how many laps they're running, uh hemmm.
    Tionesta Trikes ATC 450R
    86 250R
    86 Tecate-3
    83 ATC 70
    85 Big Red
    81 KLT 200
    85 250SX
    Tricky Dicks Cagiva WMX 200 sold
    Trikefest survivor 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
    My feedback: http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/s...dback+eric250r

--
    I had brought a powered speaker and a mic along and offered it up for mx and drags and was graciously declined for the megaphone.
    insanity - Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result

My Feedback Thread.....http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck-for-MRSOUND

86 honda big red
    85 250sx
    82 250r
    86 klt 185 black (project)
    86 klt 185 red
    85 klt 160 (Floyd)
    85 klt 110 X2 (projects)
    86 klt 110 X2
    84 klt 200
    84 atc 70
    DUCKSTER!

--
    Number the classes 1- whatever, Have a giant white board cut in a few sections. Mount it to the little building in the middle of the track where we were standing.
    On the line "2"
    Pre Stage "3"

Everyone knows what moto number they are, if they miss it tough luck. People will just have to remember their number.

Have a few copys or race order posted up around the MX track. Radios are also a must.
    RPFLU member and co-owner.
    Hardtails is all we do.
    #NOLINK
    #MAKEHARDTAILSGREATAGAIN
    #SUSPENDTHIS

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    I thought the megaphone was working pretty good, but I'm often on the sending end of it. If it wasn't, then we'll definitely do better next year.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Golightly View Post
    I thought the megaphone was working pretty good, but I'm often on the sending end of it. If it wasn't, then we'll definitely do better next year.
    It sounds fine when you use it at the awards ceremony because you speak slowly and very clearly. I have no trouble understanding you. As for the rest of them (us) -- we sound like we have a mouthful of marbles.

As for the rest of the ideas - I pretty much agree with all of them. Keep the ideas, suggestions and brickbats coming.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //