//ArrowChat Code
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Old Three Wheeler Racing

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    poco loco

Quote Originally Posted by Poco Loco View Post
    You might be able to fool the fans...but you cant fool the players....
    Correct me if I'm wrong but you NEVER rode a PRO race of any kind in your life from what I can tell by your comments, and your comment appears to me that you might be suggesting you are a "player"! If in fact that's the case, that's ridiculous IMO. Whether I like him or not, Mickey Dunlap was at least a player and helped generate interest in the sport in some way so if you are suggesting in the least, that you are in any way, even remotely near the same level as he is regarding racing knowledge and skill level, I think that might even make him laugh, at least it does me.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by barnett468 View Post
    poco loco

Correct me if I'm wrong but you NEVER rode a PRO race of any kind in your life from what I can tell by your comments, and your comment appears to me that you might be suggesting you are a "player"! If in fact that's the case, that's ridiculous IMO. Whether I like him or not, Mickey Dunlap was at least a player and helped generate interest in the sport in some way so if you are suggesting in the least, that you are in any way, even remotely near the same level as he is regarding racing knowledge and skill level, I think that might even make him laugh, at least it does me.

Don't be jumping on my band wagon trying to win these guys over. By "Player" I think he means these guy on this forum know more about the 3 wheeling world then myself or any of the old racers put together. They even corrected me a few times on some facts when my mind farted,which happen more and more each year. Some of these guy are on a whole different level as far as knowing the facts and history of 3 wheeling,they eat sleep and live this stuff,big time players.

--
    poco loco

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    poco loco

Barnett, all that racing history and not 1 pic? WTF? Your kidding me. Somethings fishy here...I never knew a guy who raced and doesnt have a pic of it. Garage pics of you and your trikes, rec riding at the local spot, a shot at the pits with other team members....nothing?

What no reply at all ??? Are you a ghost writer of fiction novels?..........I might have been born in the night, but it wasn't last night.....Im calling bullsht on all of this.

Nope, like I said, what ever photos I did have were sadly lost, around 40 years worth of them to be more specific. I am also not a narcissist like others so that's why I didn't have people going around chasing me with a camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Rlaymon View Post
    Hello, Name is Bob. I am an old racer from back in the day. I will see if I can dig up some pictures. Most of them were lost when our house burned down in 96. I think my mom still has some from when we played around on the farm.
    Uh oh, it appears poco loco is calling “bullsht” on Rlaymon’s claim that he was “a racer from back in the day” too, simply because he also “suspiciously” doesn’t have any photos of him racing either, unless you want to count the ones he plans to post of himself riding around the farm that his mom has as proof, lol. lol.

I strongly suggest to any members that “claim” they used to race 3 wheelers “back in the day”, that they prove it by supplying at least some photo of someone racing something somewhere or else he will say you’re “bullsht” also, and we wouldn’t want someone of his stature and importance in the professional racing community to doubt you. Oh…, loco, I’m sorry, weren’t you an amateur “racer”, lol.

I have to agree with poco loco, something is fishy here. It does not add up.
    Wow, this really is bad, even Rlaymon thinks his own story about not having any photos to “prove” he used to race is fishy,

Rlaymon’s original comments above can be seen in the link below.

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...hlight=Rlaymon

--

hey barnett can you tell me about this bike? i found it in an old magazine clipping

--
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearpig View Post

hey barnett can you tell me about this bike? i found it in an old magazine clipping

Oh, sure manbearpig I'll bite and give you your shot at me, lol. The answer to the best of my knowledge is no I don't think so. That being said, there was a pet project bike built by a very smart albeit slightly goofy engineer named Randy in 83 that we tested against the original T3 prototype for him. I don't remember how it looked exactly but it was a bit cobbled together cosmetically like that one and slightly taller than an orig T3 like that one but it had forks with the axle in the back side like a Honda when I tested it. We tested it one day only in the mountain pass north of Azusa. He quit to make more money working at Taylor Dunn as a "bleepin" golf cart engineer. I don't remember if he took it with him or left it at Kawi.

Ok, it's your turn now.

--
    PS

The swing arm on Randy's bike was also different than a stock T3. I personally took it to National Heat Treat in Anaheim to get it heat treated because he had done a bit of welding on it.

--
    PS

Randy's bike was an air cooled 250.

--
    Mickey Dunlap

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Dunlap View Post
    Don't be jumping on my band wagon
    What Mickey…ya have room for Rlaymon on your wagon [his quote below] but not for me, lol?

When someone as highly respected as Mr. Dunlap comes here and basicaly says the same thing I have been saying, that is enough for me.
    Don’t worry you have nothing to fear, I PROMISE not to jump on your band wagon, lol.

I was simply stating what I believed to be some facts regarding your history. I suppose I could have said ‘I think Mickey was this and that” instead of positing it as a fact but that would just seem cheap to me, but have it your way, I apologize for giving you more credit than you feel you deserve, lol.

When trying to win these guys over.
    Oh, don’t worry about me, I have a lot more friends here than you might think, plus does it really sound by my responses that I’m trying to win ANYONE over? I could care less, lol. People either like me or they don’t. They either believe me or they don’t. I don’t lose a minutes sleep over it, because unlike some others, I don’t need the recognition of others to feel good about myself. That statement is not directed at you.

By "Player" I think he means these guy on this forum know more about the 3 wheeling world then myself or any of the old racers put together. Some of these guy are on a whole different level as far as knowing the facts and history of 3 wheeling,they eat sleep and live this stuff,big time players.
    First off poco loco is new here, so he would have absolutely no idea of what members here know about the “old” days of 3 wheeler racing. Plus I have exchanged a few PM’s with him a few weeks ago when he was getting into an argument with Dougspcs and another member and being a bit sarcastic to them so I happen to know a little more about him than the rest here. See quotes from the exchange below.

Even though some people here do seem to know a lot about somethings I have not been here long enough myself to experience the info regarding old school racing you are referring to but that has been your experience here so I won’t question the experience you have had, however, no one can tell me what I did and did not do at Kawi or what I did or did not see while I was there or whether I raced this or that etc.. This has become the main issue here.

They even corrected me a few times on some facts when my mind farted,which happen more and more each year.
    I’m pretty sure that in the cases where they did that, it was in a friendly, respectful, manner, and NOT, like what the witch hunt it has turned into here.

Unfortunately I also understand about fading and/or misremembered memories, lol.

Poco loco: Signed up 5-25, posts below from 6-18 just 3 weeks after signing up.

Make sure that tank is vented too. There is an arrow on the gas cap. When its pointed forward the vent is open. When its pointed to the back the vent is closed.

Quote Originally Posted by dougspcs View Post
    350x doesn't have that style cap Loco..direct vented cap with rubber hose

Thats funny, both my 350x's Ive owned have an arrow on the cap. I guess you dont have a 350x gas cap or maybe you just confused. Or both...If it doesnt have an arrow, then dont worry about the arrow...duh.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason125m View Post
    The arrow on the 350x cap has nothing to do with venting... The arrow in there strictly to let you know the cap is on properly. It is a fulltime vented cap, with a rubber hose that goes into the top triple tree.Think twice before " duh " ing an experienced member....

You guys should read the owners guide. Point the arrow to the rear and the vent is closed. Point it forward and the cap vents. I guess both you guys dont know why Honda put that on the cap for. Do you think they put it on there because it looks cool???.....Schools in session boys. Who owns who?....Duh. Do your research, or pull more unaccurate facts outta the air.

--
    I don't understand the point of your post, did you forget your text?

What I see is a yellowed photo showing the right side of an unidentifiable person riding a 3 wheeler in the air in the daytime in some sandy hills with some text at the bottom where someones name and city has been whited out with white out tape or photo shopped badly and member poco loco's name and the city of clap saddle has been inserted, lol. I also see there is no mention of it being during a race.

Shall I find a nice photo of someone riding a bike, cover the original riders name and city [if it is listed] with white out or photo shop, insert my member name in it's place and post it on the site?

Howdy is offline Putting Priorities in Order, Busier than ever. Catch me if you can
    --
    Barnett, your attitude when you first started posting is what turned so many members to question everything you say. Had you originally posted your name when ask then you might have gained a warmer welcome.
    Also, you blasted a long term highly respected member when they ask a valid question. That turned other against you.
    As for me: I personally could care less either way. All I know is that a quite a few of the threads your involved in ends in a lot of negative drama. This is because of the things mentioned above. I told you this in a PM or 2. The drama must stop or I will put a stop to it.
    Howdy

--
    first, no shot at you. just found an old trike in a mag that looked pre tecate. from your kawi R&D experience, i thought you might know something about that bike, where it came from, and who built it.

second, that picture of the guy on the trike is Poco Loco. photo is in DirtWheels late 80's. i whited out his name and city for his own privacy. from what ive read about you not revealing your real name, you should understand this. there are plenty of people on here can back up the fact that the guy in the pic is, in fact, poco. your claims made it seem like one of my buddies didnt have much knowledge about the 80's racing scene, or of trike racing at all. in response to that, i posted the picture of him in the sports largest (still existing) publication. with this short explanation, that picture should make more sense within the context of the time it was posted in. you're right, the picture is not of a race, but Poco was around and in the racing scene that was goin on in "Clap Saddle" back in the day far more than anyone realizes. best part of it all, hes STILL out on the track haulin ass on 3 wheels.

--
    Hello manbearpig

first, no shot at you.
    Ok, just checking, you can understand my reservations under the circumstance.

just found an old trike in a mag that looked pre tecate. from your kawi R&D experience,
    How do you know I worked at Kawi R and D, that's a hazardous thing for one to say on this thread, lol?

I don't have any photos to prove I even exist! I could be a computer program for all you know.

i thought you might know something about that bike, where it came from, and who built it.
    What did the text say about it?

second, that picture of the guy on the trike is Poco Loco. photo is in DirtWheels late 80's. i whited out his name and city for his own privacy.
    I never doubted it so why does he doubt me?

from what ive read about you not revealing your real name,
    As you probably know by now, no one would know it so what’s the point. All they will say is something like “we never heard of you so you must not have worked at Kawi etc.” I could make up any name and no one could prove if it was correct or not.

you should understand this. there are plenty of people on here can back up the fact that the guy in the pic is, in fact, poco. your claims made it seem like one of my buddies didnt have much knowledge about the 80's racing scene, or of trike racing at all. in response to that, i posted the picture of him in the sports largest (still existing) publication. with this short explanation, that picture
    I was responding to first strike unwarranted, unprovoked attacks by him. Read the last post I made about your friend poco. He was sarcastic to other members right off for no reason, what do you have to say to that? How can you defend that? Heck, even my good "friend Mickey was much more civil than both of these guys and everyone knows how much he likes me, lol. You on the other hand are a bit more even tempered and at least seemingly rational than your friend poco and others, but I'm still a bit wary. The post I made about the 10 worlds ugliest trikes you sad "been there done that" because you had seen the post before. It seemed a bit odd and a little unfriendly IMO. All I did was post a link I saw somewhere oither than on the 3ww site, why did simply doing that warrant your reply.

--
    I was responding to first strike unwarranted, unprovoked attacks by him. Read the last post I made about your friend poco. He was sarcastic to other members right off for no reason, what do you have to say to that? How can you defend that? Heck, even my good "friend Mickey was much more civil than both of these guys and everyone knows how much he likes me, lol. You on the other hand are a bit more even tempered and at least seemingly rational than your friend poco and others, but I'm still a bit wary. The post I made about the 10 worlds ugliest trikes you sad "been there done that" because you had seen the post before. It seemed a bit odd and a little unfriendly IMO. All I did was post a link I saw somewhere oither than on the 3ww site, why did simply doing that warrant your reply.

the sarcasm... sh!t, thats just poco loco. everyones sarcastic. its just how you let it rub you.

i would have said "been there done this" in response to anyone posting that thread in particular. again, INTERPRET IT HOWEVER YOU WANT

looks like im yelling... but all i did was click a few options on this nifty little tool bar here. im just sittin here watching the sunset over the pacific ocean without a care in the world. its all in how you want to read it

Poco Loco is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Well it looks like Dorthy just ran up and slid the curtin open on the "Great Wizard Of Oz". I guess if you cant muster up 1 pic from many years of pro wrenchin and racin and hangin at the pits and riding at the local track with many of the pro or even the low life riders like myself, you might raise a few eyebrows on these tales. So I guess were supose to just have to give you a free pass on all the incredable stories you have enlightened us with...well Im a show me kinda guy...Im kinda simple..Not too flashy....I lil short on the vocab and schoolin. But, I do know when theres sumpin fishy. And let me tell ya... I can smell it.
    Shart Guard .......Use it !

Pink Powerwheels Barbie trike

Wamo Big Wheel with a solid trikecycle front tire

Mini bike 3hp Briggs and Stratton with cambells soup can exhaust

Schwinn stingray with coaster brakes

1985 Crash and Burn champ

1st place National Endo Championship

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //