//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 350x speedometer drive

fxrs is offline New to the board Arm chair racerNew to the board
    --

350x speedometer drive

can someone tell me what side the speedo drive goes on an 85 350x and a86 250r.also does any one have a speedo drive for a 85 350 x they would part with.need one bad.thanks tony

--
    with the brake rotor on the left side , it would need to go on the right I believe ? I have a new one for a 200 big red that goes on the right side ... what size axle do ya have ? if needed I can go dig up a 350x axle and hub and make sure.....
    our original 85 we bought new, 2 - 86 police specials
    250r dust runner
    04 Yamaha kodiaK 450 snowbuster ! Brute Force 750 dust collector .
    Bunch of es stuff I been buying for next builds....
    Gone but lives on in my aching body the mighty 350x collection . A Beat 85 es im gonna rebuild

--
    sorry, just remembered the 200 big red has the drum setup on the left = so I don't think it will work.....
    250r dust runner
    Gone but lives on in my aching body the mighty 350x collection . A Beat 85 es im gonna rebuild

fxrs is offline New to the board Arm chair racerNew to the board
    --
    thanks for looking,havent by chance seen one of the tachs

--
    not in years, good luck in your search
    250r dust runner

--
    Quote Originally Posted by fxrs View Post
    thanks for looking,havent by chance seen one of the tachs
    Yeah... I see a tach on my 350X in the loft...

The gearbox drive is on the right hand side (opposite the brakes) and uses the little notch on the center hub to drive it and has a special dust seal between it in the hub to help protect the bearing. In lew of a 350X gear box, some have used a 85-86 R (though they look the same, it has HA2 stamped on the inside) or have used a 250 Big Red or 250SX one. (fits up against bearing w/o a dust seal). I am not sure of the accuracy of the speedos... theoretically, 23 vs 23½ vs 22 vs 25 inch meats will make a bigger difference than you think. I have seen the guts of a speedo drive (someone torched one on a 200M to get the axle out and being aluminum, melted prior to the metal gears inside.) Kind of a worm gear in there, not sure if you could flip one to make it turn the opposite direction?>?>?>?>?
    '85 ATC350X - "Showgirl" '86 OEM plastics/Fork boots, Rear Axle/Rotor/Hubs, Hondaline Fender stabalizer/extender, Speedo/Tach, Tank cover.
    '86 ATC350X - 'Go-Go Girl'
    '82 ATC250R - 'California Girl' - Progressive springs F and R, Hondaline HL Guard, Fairing and Speedometer.
    '82 ATC250R -'Snow Bunny' Ice Racer, Very Clean, Hondaline Fairing, custom FT tire, will put in the 300R motor
    '70 US90 'Ol'Girl" - Aquarius Blue... all original seat and tires. Resto project in the future
    '85 ATC250ES-'Workin' Girl' CMP Footguard, Hondaline Mudflaps, Speedo, HL Lens, Block Heater, Work Light, Foot Peg Covers and Cooler Rack
    '85 ATC70 - All Original

'84 Yamaha 225DX - Durablue +3" axle, DR motor, New Plastics, Foot, Hand and HL Guards.
    '85 Yamahauler - Gun Rack & 'Nerf Bars'
    '85 Yamahauler - Nearly together and restored
    '83 Suzuki ALT125 - Pieces
    '89 Suzuki LT-4WD - Token Golf Cart

--
    Are you looking for just the speedo drive box or are you looking for everything. I've got a complete unit, used I removed from my old 85 350x that the new owner didn't want. I have either a nos or used speedo all the way down to the speedo drive box with the cable and all the mounts and stuff. Make me an offer. PM me if you'd like. I'm Pat.
    Nicholson 500x (Project)
    Nicholson 185s
    Nicholson 110 (That takes an atc70 tank)
    Ascott 500 head/350x (Project)
    Homebuilt Racer Chromoly Suspension 110 (Ragin Runt)
    PK Racing Suspension 70
    A+ Inc Suspension 70
    AWS Aluminum 90 frame
    Hi Performance ATC Suspension frame rd350
    Hi Performance ATC Suspension frame 90

Poco Loco is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Theres a tab on the front hub that sticks out. It indexes into the drive. I think its on the right side. I dont feel like going out to the shop rite now and looking. The tab is easy to spot.
    Shart Guard .......Use it !

Pink Powerwheels Barbie trike

Wamo Big Wheel with a solid trikecycle front tire

Mini bike 3hp Briggs and Stratton with cambells soup can exhaust

Schwinn stingray with coaster brakes

1985 Crash and Burn champ

1st place National Endo Championship

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //