Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kansas Fair Races August 2nd, 8th & 9th

--

Kansas Fair Races August 2nd, 8th & 9th

Kind of short notice but here is some info;

This Friday August 2nd Tonganoxie Kansas

Next Thursday August 8th Gardner Kansas

Next Friday August 9th Emporia Kansas

All tracks will be small ovals this year and on dirt. Space out that right rear tire and come on down for a good time. We have four or five so far but more the merrier. This is the first time 3 Wheelers have been allowed to race at these races in many years. More info and entry forms found at www.KATVA.org

Thanks for the space.
    Randy
    No Need for Brakes, When in Doubt, GAS IT!

--
    I wish I could make it over there. Maybe one of these years I'll get my act together and make one of these races.

Outlaw #24 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Ok I got to do a Side Bar I will add this race to Our 3Wheeler Tour 2013. The Outlaw #24 is Freakin race ready as of tonight Got a few things to do before I load up tomorrow nite gotta race with the Boys from TOPEKA WE GONNA HAVE US SOME FUN Be there

--
    Man if my motor was back together I'd go for it just a short drive to those

--
    Yep, you are right, that is dang short notice. Just got back last night from a cruise to Mexico. Thursday night out of the question. Friday night possible. I need to get directions to the track in Emporia for Friday night..

audioworks04 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Here are some stills from the race at Leavenworth Co fair. Video to follow.

VIDEO
    Remember Im still just a noob at this whole flat track thing....

2005 CRF450R Alum Frame build done, switching to inverts.
    86 trx250r fmf fatty fmf q k&n v force reeds gold valve rear shock with eibach spring.
    86 atc250r stock sand only
    88 NX250 mint rainy day
    85 kawi js550 stand up basicly stock
    87 kawi js550 scary fast for a stand up

--
    Did the races get rained out tonight?

--
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BRCoMnjdBhQ

Heat race from last night at Gardner Kansas..
    Liquid R's and 70's

--
    Just a couple weeks away. Is the Emporia race going to be a TT or is it a oval. Also how large is the track?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Salyer View Post
    Just a couple weeks away. Is the Emporia race going to be a TT or is it a oval. Also how large is the track?
    Same small oval like the above videos. You going to make it?

--
    That's my plan. My son wants to know if bikes are racing also? Also wanted to ask if the big tires will even compete with the cart setups.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Salyer View Post
    That's my plan. My son wants to know if bikes are racing also? Also wanted to ask if the big tires will even compete with the cart setups.
    Yes they have bike classes. The turnout can be off and on sometimes with the cycle guys for some reason. We will run them if they show up. We have had some Pee Wee cycle kids too Also at this event they will be having the riding lawn mower classes which looks like a lot of fun to me and it also reminds me of the early days of 3 Wheeler racing with no suspension and more home built inventiveness than off the shelve go fast parts. Quads too. As far as big tires VS small tires, that is a tough call. This location tends to have a slightly sandier and slicker dirt that would be more forgiving to the big tires than the clay tracks that are sticky. Bring a tire selection and a air bubble and go from there. Running a stagger with the right rear being taller (more air or a different tire) than the left rear helps a lot. You will get one short practice, a heat race and a main event no matter what and you will have fun either way and like everyone else go home thinking about what you would do differently next year
    Randy

--
    No doubt sounds fun.

--
    get some Keith and Randy!!!

--
    Wish I had a set of those 16 in Carlliles Mickey likes so much. I also need to find a shorter tire for my new 10 in front rim

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //