//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 86 fourtrax 125 1 yr later!

--
    You know, i've never seen an 85 in person to know if it has a 5 speed with reverse(trx). I always wondered why they did not put reverse in the trikes!!!! My first intentions when I bought this trx was to install the motor into a spare 125m frame I have, but I like the thing to much to want to do it .
    1985 Honda 250r x2
    1986 Honda 250r
    1986 Honda 250sx
    1985 Honda 250sx x2
    1985 Honda 350x x2
    1986 Honda 350x
    1984 Honda 125m x4
    1983 Honda atc 70 w/ Lifan 125
    1984 Honda atc 70
    Yamaha tri zinger
    Yamaha 4 zinger
    Brap braaaap

http://www.youtube.com/user/3wheelsoffroad

--
    That's a great project!

Quote Originally Posted by aldochina View Post
    ... Rear brakes where toast, pads must have delaminated, the housing was full of powder and chuncks of pad, and the shoes were wearing into the metal. unfortunately when i got it all cleaned out i found the break hub to be cracked. Too bad to cause its in great shape otherwise as far as seal surfaces go. Must have gotten supper hot to crack like that...
    I think what gets them is water or mud or something gets in there and combined with the delam/crumbling shoes, a good freeze cracks the drum. I ended up parting out a 200s and it had a rear brake exactly like you describe.

dman10 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Hit me up with a list of parts, I got one for parts, I could see what I got.
    Quote Originally Posted by tri again View Post
    Cool stuff seems to happen when I'm sleeping.
    Nice to know things happen without me.

--
    Thats exactly what i was thinking! You know its probably a good thing there were no brakes on this thing, or it would have wound up trashed. When I bought it the guy said his son had been riding it a bit, he let his buddy ride it who ended up bumping this guys garage door cause he couldnt stop, denting his door! Thats when it got parked last year.

I think what gets them is water or mud or something gets in there and combined with the delam/crumbling shoes, a good freeze cracks the drum. I ended up parting out a 200s and it had a rear brake exactly like you describe.[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by aldochina; 08-27-2013 at 01:45 PM. Reason: forgot a comma

--
    well its been a damn year this thing has been in my way. Its going back together. has all new brakes, tie-rods, and a few cables going on. All bearings are tight and smooth. Clean and regrease. got all the parts here, have to weld a bit on the skid and chain gaurd, that will be the last thing to get put on most likely. Going to be a sweet cruiser for us all.

Every time in the shed my 4 yr old goes right over to the 4 zinger that needs a top end and asks when I am gonna fix it for him. It really is killing me. I got so much to do as do alot of you, that my head spins sometimes. I am determined to get this out of the way and pull the zinger apart for him. Plus its perfect for my 7 yr old too. He does like his 70 though. Pains my 4 yr old to watch him go, although he does still like riding with "Pop"! They both do really.

--
    Looking good! You'll get'r done. It's funny how time flies when you're waiting for parts...then labor....then parts........then labor, you get it, right!
    Trikes
    1970/71 US 90 (Aquarius Blue)
    1970/71 US 90 (Future Project)
    1972/73 US 90 Camo Project (110 Big Bore)
    1972/73 US 90 Green
    1977 ATC 90 w/83 110 motor (Fugly)
    1982 ATC 70
    1983 ATC 70 (Ladybug)
    1973 ATC 70

1965 Marketeer 3 Wheel Golf Cart with 1986 Honda 250 drivetrain

TF 2015

Other
    1983 Honda Z50
    1978 Honda XL75

Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck-for-coopool
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-coolpool

dman10 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    That's a really nice BR in the background. And if your still looking for parts let me know. Mines headed for the scrap soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by tri again View Post
    Cool stuff seems to happen when I'm sleeping.
    Nice to know things happen without me.

--
    i just bought a nice 86....

Need Honda ATC TRX NOS restoration parts??? or come check out our ATC brochure site
    www.offroadvintage.com

clmeue37 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    ^^nice find!

I had an 86 trx125 as a kid. Suspension would have been nice but I didn't know any better. Lots of hours spent riding that little bugger and our atc70. Good luck with getting it put back together!
    1980 Honda atc110, 1981 Honda atc110, 1983 Honda atc200e Big Red, 1984 Honda atc200es Big Red, 1984 Honda trx200, 1985 Honda atc200s

Trikefest '15 '16

Before destruction a man's heart is haughty, but humility comes before honor.
    -Proverbs 18:12

--
    unfortunately I could not find a decent skidplate. All the ones on ebay are pretty much crap though whole, but I just drop 25 bucks on a spanked skid so I repaired the smoked one I had LOL!! Got about 3 hrs into this but hey! Alot of but welding on that thin arse metal!! even with the weldpak 100 I just couldnt seem to dial it in just right. either too hot or too cold. When I upgrade I will definately be getting a welder with infinate adjustment on both wire speed and amperage!! ready for paint

--
    got some parts cleaned and painted. Bought some rust converting primer cause i didnt want to get too fussy, but i ended up cleaning everything up pretty good with wire wheels. used the primer anyway, and some coats of semi gloss. welded a hand formed extension on the pipe to keep it from sooting up the fenders and such. some bbq paint. had a crack in the rear of the frame that got welded up and a bunch of patching on the inner chain gaurd. will run without the outer until i can find a replacement, the one i have needs to much work to mess with at the moment. Cleaned up the brake housing with the wire wheel. some of these pics may not be in order.

kaymo is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    looking good. nothing like getting things fixed right. who cares if you have 3 hours in it. your did it yourself makes it priceless

ive got an 86 and 87 trx125. both need restoring but both run! love honda....

--
    Just doing some final spot cleaning before assembly! Trying to not get too fussy! Only have a few minutes here and there to work on it at the moment, but should fly together once I put the degrease down lol!!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //