//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Suzuki Madness

C.J is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    My reasoning for going with the 85 Tecate is 1) radiator location, 2) superior forks, 3) fat tire, 4) cheaper, 5) 250R fender works with it.

I've literally gotten just about everything figured out for this build. The only 2 things left are tank and pipe.
    But I can't get a steering neck. The guy who says will send me a neck and set of trees is been stupid busy (I fully understand) so hasn't been able to cut up the frame :/
    too many bikes to count. too little time on hand.

--
    Sure you don't want to use a 350x front end?! I have a spare frame that is junk but has a good neck. Also has triples/forks/hub.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 6speedthumper View Post
    Sure you don't want to use a 350x front end?! I have a spare frame that is junk but has a good neck. Also has triples/forks/hub.
    I mean,, I'm sure i could make it work some how,, but i just dont see where i would hang the rads at :/

im still waiting on the guy to tell me how much i owe him to send me the t3 neck and triples but hes just as bad as i am on sending things away it seems lol

pm me a price on the 350x shtuff. I want this thing going for the Invasion

--
    I have a 350X steering next you can have but the Vin numbers gotta come off if you want it cuz its titled in my name, if your interested just pay shipping, if not I keep it around for other bikes lol

I'm sure you could mount an old RM rads on it, 84-88's

i also have billet tripples for 350x/200x for USD forks, 50mm. I had them made I'd take $300 shipped to blow them out. I got prob $700 into them.
    Last edited by oldskool83; 10-17-2013 at 03:54 PM.

--
    maybe so. I was trying to keep from having to build a COMPLETE new front clip for it though. with the Tecate parts it's just "hack front end off, weld in steering neck at x degrees, fab lower cradle i front, put third wheel on" with any other front end its "hack off front end, fab tubes for rad mounts, etc etc"

--
    If you're going through all the work to convert it you might as well do it the best you can. Im not an expert on first gen tecates but id imagine there s a reason no other bikes had a radiator on the forks.

--
    well i mean, if i were like anyone else doing a conversion and had gobs of cash and a fine machine shop at my disposal i would. as it is im an 18 year old that no one takes seriously so im trying to do it with what ive got.

i dont have the material or stuff at my disposal to do it how it probably SHOULD be done, so im gunna do it how ever i can ya know?

--
    i think you could still use a tecate rad if you wanted too with any other front end. if you get something honda you will get out much cheaper as parts are far more abundant. i have an 85 r frame i could cut the neck out of for you but it would be cheaper to go first gen 200x. tecate rads are about 13 inches wide so not that much wider than the 200x trips. make yourself some rad mounts to the trip clamp bolts.. if you shop around you might find a set of trike rads with the mounts and it would be simple welding for some tabs to mount them too. tecate tank might work, or any other bike tank for that matter. i like your idea, but getting the cheapest front end might help get the ball rolling.

--
    I think 1st i would try and source localish or cheap parts on here from member not looking to get rich. I think a tecate front end would be fine but theres a big bunch of us who seem to like to over engineer also. Once you start with anyfront end your going to see room for different things. Whats gonna look odd is a 250r fender on a T3 tripple due to the width. maybe do some rough ideas with MS paint to just give an idea. If I were closer Id help you.

oh crap i just realized I have a super clean set of 83-84 250R forks sitting in a box also...with 200X tripples that would need bored to 35mm if you'd want to use.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by trizilla View Post
    i think you could still use a tecate rad if you wanted too with any other front end. if you get something honda you will get out much cheaper as parts are far more abundant. i have an 85 r frame i could cut the neck out of for you but it would be cheaper to go first gen 200x. tecate rads are about 13 inches wide so not that much wider than the 200x trips. make yourself some rad mounts to the trip clamp bolts.. if you shop around you might find a set of trike rads with the mounts and it would be simple welding for some tabs to mount them too. tecate tank might work, or any other bike tank for that matter. i like your idea, but getting the cheapest front end might help get the ball rolling.
    thats a good idea,, its not hard to make adaption pieces for something like that either. New state of plan then!! Lol

--
    83-84 R front end as I would have 80% of what you all need pretty cheap too.

you gonna have to figure out a pipe however....the factory one will not work with any 3wheeler front end.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskool83 View Post
    I think 1st i would try and source localish or cheap parts on here from member not looking to get rich. I think a tecate front end would be fine but theres a big bunch of us who seem to like to over engineer also. Once you start with anyfront end your going to see room for different things. Whats gonna look odd is a 250r fender on a T3 tripple due to the width. maybe do some rough ideas with MS paint to just give an idea. If I were closer Id help you.

oh crap i just realized I have a super clean set of 83-84 250R forks sitting in a box also...with 200X tripples that would need bored to 35mm if you'd want to use.
    an extremely few amount of members live anywhere near me (which SUCKS cause ive never seen any other trikes out in the wild (except one 350X at a party on my sand bar) so my only option is ebay or the message boards. I am an EXTREME over builder. so its guarantee to be over built some how (in many, many ways...). the 250R fender on the wide t3 front end is SWEET!!!!! looking lol (my opinion being based off the team green t3 with the t4 rear fenders)

oh crap those sound perfect,,, but oh crap i think my bank account has MAYBE 15.06 in it.....

--
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskool83 View Post
    83-84 R front end as I would have 80% of what you all need pretty cheap too.

you gonna have to figure out a pipe however....the factory one will not work with any 3wheeler front end.
    nice Paint skills my friend!!!! I think you are on to something. Im sure the R front hub is WAY cheaper then the T3 piece too!! Hit me with a price please?

and pipes...... hehehehehehe,,, well i can make my own pipes lol.. I've made 2 before and ive got a good friend who can help me out. And well,,, ive actually gotta get 3 pipes made: 1 for a stock top end, i want another to match the cylinder on my 265,,, and i've got something else cooking up for this,,,,,,,, lets just say double hybrid lol

--
    Man you build what you want. Ive had my share ofs" that will never work or this is a stupid thing. I had this idea for a long time but im not a suzuki fan at all. Look up eddie Sanders ALT 250r Used a 82 Rm 250 motor. Oh and to the guy who said something about the rad up front. No one else but Kawasaki used it. Yamaha did it to there yz 250 in 82. And I think the rad up front is the best idea.
    The Green No More Red EVER EVER EVER AGAIN!!!!!!!
    1985 KXT 250 Tecate
    1984 KXT 250 Tecate Parts machine
    1985 KXT 250 Tecate My vintage racer
    1983 KX 250
    Proud member of
    3wheelerworld.com
    3wheeler.org
    Planettrike.com
    Airfoolers.com
    http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/s...ad.php?t=80907

--
    I tried calling Mr. Sanders to ask him about the ALT250R he raced but he wouldn't ever give me a call back or answer any of my emails. Oh well, all I wanted was forgotten info, I'm not a paying customer so I don't matter right? Lol
    But I know a lot more about that Suzuki Trike thanks to a good phone conversation with someone.
    It wasn't just an RM conversion like originally thought,,,,,

I am still going to go with the T3 front end just for simplicity sakes. But I've yet to get a steering neck in so that sucks major donkey d**g. But in the mean time I've been working on doing a mid-travel a-arm set up on my 87 LT250R (with the ported to hell 265 in it) and I've gotten 14 1/2" of ground clearance at the front frame rail now lol

But yea if I could get the freakin parts for this one I'd REALLY start tearing into it.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //