//ArrowChat Code
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Suzuki Madness

--
    Yeah. Started off so sweet. Got to keep going on this one.
    The Green No More Red EVER EVER EVER AGAIN!!!!!!!
    1985 KXT 250 Tecate
    1984 KXT 250 Tecate Parts machine
    1985 KXT 250 Tecate My vintage racer
    1983 KX 250
    Proud member of
    3wheelerworld.com
    3wheeler.org
    Planettrike.com
    Airfoolers.com
    http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/s...ad.php?t=80907

C.J is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    So my plan on this has become:::::

Build a new chromoly chassis once the funds become available.

The chassis I cut up had a lot of rust down through the lower rails,, and it'll be a LOT more involved with the rear suspension than I originally thought.

I've got some leads on people that can, and will,,,,, build a new chassis with Honda geometry that I can stuff a Suzuki engine into.

Or,,,,,, I picked up a 92 LT250R up the other day for $60. And I have no attachment to it. So if it's in any better shape internally,,, it may meet the whizzer wheel. But for now,,,,,,,,

Madness,,,, has to wait a bit longer.

I did find the KXT neck again tonight while cleaning up the shop and really want to put the to use but I don't want to half arse this build.
    too many bikes to count. too little time on hand.

--
    C.J. good to see you back again. I thought of you the other day when I was on Baton Rouge craigslist looking at 250 r and atc parts . I came across a quadracer.
    250r rules

RamsesRibb is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

Suzuki Madness

What's kind of shape is that quadracer in? (Just noticed the date of the post)
    Last edited by RamsesRibb; 07-13-2016 at 01:07 AM.
    Previously known as HighFlying101 since 2003
    I changed my email and lost my password

Current: '85 Tri-Z , '83 250r , '86 Tecate, '80 ATC110
    Prior: '85 FTZ ATC350X, '85 Tri-Z, '85 ATC200X w/ Bassani exhaust, '83 Big Red, '81 ATC185S, '79 ATC110

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/tpctrikes/

--
    Quote Originally Posted by RamsesRibb View Post
    What's kind of shape is that quadracer in? (Just noticed the date of the post)
    It's sitting on top of my shop right now waiting for its time to come. I spent the last 2 years building big mud bikes and now I'm finally getting back on to building trikes again and getting my business moving along. I've got 3 front ends for this chassis now lol trike, 400EX clip, or straight axle front/torsion bar rear. I think it's getting the torsion bar treatment and that I will probably just get a chassis built to put one of my now 4 LT engines into

--
    Great to see you have not stopped completely. I still have no idea why no one stil has not made what should have been.
    The Green No More Red EVER EVER EVER AGAIN!!!!!!!
    1985 KXT 250 Tecate
    1984 KXT 250 Tecate Parts machine
    1985 KXT 250 Tecate My vintage racer
    1983 KX 250
    Proud member of
    3wheelerworld.com
    3wheeler.org
    Planettrike.com
    Airfoolers.com
    http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/s...ad.php?t=80907

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Tecate250 View Post
    Great to see you have not stopped completely. I still have no idea why no one stil has not made what should have been.
    Neither do I. Especially with a newer 450 like an RMZ. Those things RIP!! But it's taboo or something. Madness, I say.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by C.J View Post
    It's sitting on top of my shop right now waiting for its time to come. I spent the last 2 years building big mud bikes and now I'm finally getting back on to building trikes again and getting my business moving along. I've got 3 front ends for this chassis now lol trike, 400EX clip, or straight axle front/torsion bar rear. I think it's getting the torsion bar treatment and that I will probably just get a chassis built to put one of my now 4 LT engines in
    That chassis is a work of art, and nothing like a stock lt250r. I wouldn't be cutting that up to make a trike, it looks too unique for that.

But I agree with the others, it's about time someone made an lt250r trike. After all these years, I can't believe no one ever did it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    My toys 85 KXT250A2, 85 ATC250R, 85 Tri-z 250, 06 LT-R450, 04 YFZ450S, 07 125 typhoon x 3, 06 FPV GT.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by OZQUAD44 View Post
    That chassis is a work of art, and nothing like a stock lt250r. I wouldn't be cutting that up to make a trike, it looks too unique for that.

But I agree with the others, it's about time someone made an lt250r trike. After all these years, I can't believe no one ever did it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    That chassis actually was cut up. The parts were borrowed from the builders friends mini-sprint. After they were finished racing it, they pulled the parts off and cut the sub-frame out of it.
    With the original builders permission, I am going to recreate the bike. He's sent me a lot of great photo's and measurements and stuff so it'll go pretty smoothly!!

And yes! I agree! There's not enough Suzuki trikes in general. I REALLY need to get on this build hot and heavy

--
    I don't know who did this but this would save you some time C.J. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tecate1.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	80.7 KB 
ID:	241738
    250r rules

--
    I've seen that one a few times. The only problem is that is a first gen LT engine. I'm sure the 2nd gen engine would fit in a B1/B2, but I'd like to have Suzuki plastics, Suzuki tank, etc.

I've got a guy that'll build it for me, but I've just got to pull together the skrill.

I'm building a fresh engine for my car, building an engine for two of my race cars, building another 2nd gen LT engine for my JP Outlaw, rebuilding my CR80 after it burned in our shop, rebuilding the house after the flood, etc etc etc etc lol
    Funds are kind of tight and not a lot is getting done on the BIG projects.

The chassis is a $2000 hit right off the bat so it'll be a little while of saving $100 a week lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--
    I'm surprised also that this hasn't been done by anyone else yet, I have one in the works also. 86 frame that I cut the front off and will be using 87 PV engine but still collecting parts. Hoping to get it rolling this winter. Maier will make yellow front 3rd Gen 250r fenders but have to order 5 I believe since not a standard color, I have a use for 4 of them. Let me know if interested in the 5th one.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by C.J View Post
    Neither do I. Especially with a newer 450 like an RMZ. Those things RIP!! But it's taboo or something. Madness, I say.
    An rmz 450 trike has been built but I don’t know how to post pics from my phone.

--
    The "Snake" !!! of Tionesta Trikes has a modern Suzuki 450 Quad to Trike conversion. It runs real healthy and looks BA with that single rear mid mount exhaust.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //