//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Suzuki Madness

C.J is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --

Suzuki Madness

I didnt want to post anything until I had parts in hand and had at least the frame cut but......

So,, I've got this 88 LT250R rolling chassis i had bought.. I've also got a nice 87+ bottom end with a fresh crank and fresh trans bearings........ but the 88 frame was cut and redone to accept the 85/86 engine. The 87+'s have a power valve and the exhaust goes out the front, the 85/86 has no power valve and the exhaust goes out at an angle. So the frame has to be modded to run either engine in the different year frames. The 85/86 have a single down tube and the 87+ have an upside down Y downtube. Well, i would have to cut this frame anyway to put the spare motor i got in it. And while I'm at it I figured I'll go ahead and replace the complete cradle, all new tubing from the lower mount forward,,, and do a Tecate-3 front clip while I'm at it.

My plan is to have the 86 ATC250R rake angle with an 85 Tecate-3 front end because theres not enough room on the frame to mount side saddle style radiators.

So I need some help y'all,, please. I would like to know the rake angle of the 86 250R and I need a picture of the down tube and all of it as well... And I need the Tecate front end, radiator, and a steering neck that fits the Tecate pin.

So thats it. I let the secret out. A few people already know about it and may mess with me for telling already (lol).

I cant wait to get this thing built. I literally have everything for the Suzuki half of this build except for a top end. I already need to get one for my 87 so i will buy 2 when i can.

Alright, lets all hope this goes well!!
    too many bikes to count. too little time on hand.

--
    Ok so apparently, thanks to a fella on another site, needing to know the Honda rake is unimportant because the trail is what's more important. I was planning to match the front geometry of the 86 Honda for this one but I guess that plan is changed now.

--
    Dude I've been waiting for someone to do a Suzuki trike. What are you gonna use for a tank? I love the scoops on the RM's.
    82 250r
    83 Big Red
    85 Auto-x
    If you've done business with me please leave me feedback
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ght=Bren_downe

--
    Can't wait to see this sucker on 3 wheels! I too have wanted to see a "TRI-RACER". haha

--
    This will be cool to see completed

1984 ATC 200XR
    1984 ATC 300R
    1983 ATC 88

Feedback for Mike Pargiello

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Bren_downe View Post
    Dude I've been waiting for someone to do a Suzuki trike. What are you gonna use for a tank? I love the scoops on the RM's.
    I'm gunna use the stock Quadracer tank. Im hoping it doesn't look too bad. There's a LOT that's still up in the air on this build but I'll get her sorted out bit by bit.

--
    This is kinda how the frame will look. Just try and imagine a t-3 front end on it lmao I did this with Microsoft paint. I only use the best of the best for frame design B) LMFAO

--
    Been doing a lot of reading about trail and rake and everything else like that so I'm a bit more knowledged on the front end now and semi-confident in my ability to build a trike that handles at least half-assed decent even.

Got someone who's hooking me up with the neck off an 86/87 T3. Now I just need the 84/85 front end. Think I found on on the bay for $140 but no axle, no hub, no rad. So I've got more yet to get.

--
    Ok, so I've been looking at tank options and think im going to go with either an 81 RM250 tank or 82 YZ250 tank. Still gotta get the front end,,, the one on ebay had leaky seals and they drained the forks for shipping,, plus i dont have the spare buck forty for them right now. lol

--
    What is the trail of a stock 85 Tecate? If someone could be so kind as to get me some pretty precise and accurate measurements I could figure it up myself,,

those measurements being

Head angle (rake) (could be measured off of the forks i believe if the tecate has rake built into them)
    and
    fork offset (being the measure meant from the center of the steering stem forward to the center of the of the forks)

--
    I really can't wait to see this thing when the front end goes on a diet.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 6speedthumper View Post
    I really can't wait to see this thing when the front end goes on a diet.
    Dude I'm so ready to cut it up JUST so people know I'm serious about it lol
    No one thinks I'm really gunna really do it. I'm just waiting to have all the parts in hand so I can knock it out kinda quick ya know,,, get the frame cut and rebraced all at once. Idk, maybe she'll get chopped up this weekend. I WANNA CUT IT SO BAD. I get twitchy when I'm around the frame. No joke

--
    Haha! I understand. I've always wanted to see a LT turned into a 3 wheeler. Be badass. Best to have all parts though. That way you cut where you need too the first time.

--
    That trike is sweeeeeet! I wish I could find out what the acceptable trail is for a trike..

--
    I'd try and put a 250R front end on. The tecate front ends are just super wide and there is litterly no good rubber around for them or nice new fenders. Besides that I like your idea.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //