//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 1982 Honda ATC 200 Fenders

--

1982 Honda ATC 200 Fenders

So, I swear I Googled a site with these new/repro'd, and now can't find it...Anyway, I've searched here some but can't find a relevant thread on new/repro fenders for for my ATC 200. It is not an E, S, Q or P, just a plain old 200- Pics below. Does anyone know where fenders can be found for this beast? Kindly let me know if so! Or if the fenders from another size/model are identical to widen my search. MUCHO appreciate it, really!! Chris
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ATC 007.jpg 
Views:	815 
Size:	155.3 KB 
ID:	176497   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ATC 006.jpg 
Views:	930 
Size:	153.5 KB 
ID:	176498  

--
    I haven't seen anyone reproducing the earlier ATC200 rear fenders, but if you come across them let us all know! I know at least three guys that would probably want a set. The later one piece fenders work but you lose the trunk. Maier still makes them for the ATC200S i believe.

Nice looking 200, the rear fenders don't look bad in the pics, whats wrong with them?
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    1984 Honda ATC200ES "Big Red"
    1982 ATC200E "Hondie"
    1988 TRX300FW "Project Quad" Still in progress....

--
    Thanks for the (sad) info Mate: The rear fender is cracked at the mount in a rollover, and the front cracked as well. I like all my stuff mint & original, so the hunt goes on.....Not as cheerfully now, but on....Chris

--
    If its just cracked i would repair it... I am planning on trying to get some time to show you guys how i repair cracks using a hot air plastic welder. Once its done and blended you won't know its there unless you knew it was cracked before!

I have a buddy that has a cracked front fender off a 200, i plan on repairing it and showing the process, but i just havent had any time. This nice weather is stretching out the construction season and good paying work is abundant. Trying to get what i can before it snows... LOL
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    1984 Honda ATC200ES "Big Red"
    1982 ATC200E "Hondie"
    1988 TRX300FW "Project Quad" Still in progress....

--
    That would be an option Mate, how's 'bout takin' some time off & laying that out for us all? I'm not thinking about myself, but everyone else with the same problem and of course yourself- Too much work can give your heart an attack! No hurry, by next Thursday or so would be dandy.....

Either way, if anyone here has a really great set, or either a front or rear, DO let me know: I'm willing to pony up for them. But the repair sounds interesting, and I don't mind doing it as well as the sanding/polishing to get the nicest set possible. I thank you for your response and help KB. Chris

--
    For as long as I've known and currently, still no maier '81-'83 200 fenders available. I have two myself still running the stock fenders like yourself. Just the way it is I guess

Brian

Current wheelers:
    1981 Honda 200
    1982 Honda 200
    1982 Honda 185S
    1982 Honda 250R
    1984 Honda 200S
    1985 Honda 200S
    1985 Honda 200X

--
    NO! NO! AHHH! (Tears hair with fists and beats head on wall) I wonder if, as I'd seen suggested in another thread, there are enough chaps who would want a set that Maier would re-pop these buggers. The other thread bandied the number of 50 sets around, I could ring them & see about such an endeavour if the want was there. They do most of the others, and this one is not very complex? I am in (Small scale) manufacturing, CNCing up custom goodies, so I know how these decisions are made and would come across seriously.

I saw some welding vids, and it seems it must be done from both sides: I was hoping one could do it from the back, and finish the visible surface acceptably with no filler/paint, etc. but that was wishful thinking.....I REALLY want the psuedo-sexual feeling of pulling glossy NEW bodywork out of a box! (Back to tearing hair out with fists....) I may call Maier & let you chaps know what they say, nothing to lose there methinks. Chris

--
    Mmkay, so! I spoke at length with Mark from Maier Mfg., and it is possible to have these made. Things are actually much more reasonable than I'd have thought!I hesitate to make a comprehensive thread on the subject as I am not on the 'Big Boy Boards' yet and do not want it lost in the Noob section. If there is enough interest, I fully intend to push forward and see this to fruition.

Basically, I need to find at least 40 people who want these seriously enough to pre-pay a set. Price would be $225 for the rears: If I can find 50 price would drop to $180. This would cover the mold and all costs and Maier said they would run them. I am not out to make a dime, just get my fenders! I would own the mold after this, but would give it to Maier in case future folks wanted some, they could add them to their lineup & save the headache for folks in the future, everyone wins.

There is more to say but this is the gist of it, and again, want to wait until I can post in the 'real' forum. For instance, these would need to be finish trimmed and mounting holes made by the buyer: Any support brackets may be up to the buyer, unless it's something I could CNC up and offer as an option: Some features may not be doable as they vacuum-form as opposed to injection-mold, etc. but this is all details.

Long story short, if I have the support, I'd be glad to carry the flag on getting these made: I am new here but own an established business, and will set things up so no one can get screwed. No $ will change hands unless I get the required # of chaps who are all in, and then it would be on: So it'll simple be a 'Yes' or a 'No', all up to members here. I figure, 26,000 members: Say 1/3 still here and active to a degree: That's 8700 potential buyers. So if 1 out of every 200 pof those want a set, it's good! If not, we'll know why Meier never decided to do these......

So until the 'Big Thread', all you Gents who say you know people who would want some, get them to post HERE NOW! And give me your thoughts & input on anything, I'm making a lot of assumptions here but this could be the only time in 30+ years that this can happen, and history tells us, the last time realistically, so action is required! Chris

--

Yes and YES to the 200 fenders. I’m in

I would absolutely be in on this if anyone is still interested. My 200 has more tire and frame showing than plastic. Did this ever make it to the “big boy” threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Toyranosaur View Post
    Mmkay, so! I spoke at length with Mark from Maier Mfg., and it is possible to have these made. Things are actually much more reasonable than I'd have thought!I hesitate to make a comprehensive thread on the subject as I am not on the 'Big Boy Boards' yet and do not want it lost in the Noob section. If there is enough interest, I fully intend to push forward and see this to fruition.

Basically, I need to find at least 40 people who want these seriously enough to pre-pay a set. Price would be $225 for the rears: If I can find 50 price would drop to $180. This would cover the mold and all costs and Maier said they would run them. I am not out to make a dime, just get my fenders! I would own the mold after this, but would give it to Maier in case future folks wanted some, they could add them to their lineup & save the headache for folks in the future, everyone wins.

There is more to say but this is the gist of it, and again, want to wait until I can post in the 'real' forum. For instance, these would need to be finish trimmed and mounting holes made by the buyer: Any support brackets may be up to the buyer, unless it's something I could CNC up and offer as an option: Some features may not be doable as they vacuum-form as opposed to injection-mold, etc. but this is all details.

Long story short, if I have the support, I'd be glad to carry the flag on getting these made: I am new here but own an established business, and will set things up so no one can get screwed. No $ will change hands unless I get the required # of chaps who are all in, and then it would be on: So it'll simple be a 'Yes' or a 'No', all up to members here. I figure, 26,000 members: Say 1/3 still here and active to a degree: That's 8700 potential buyers. So if 1 out of every 200 pof those want a set, it's good! If not, we'll know why Meier never decided to do these......

So until the 'Big Thread', all you Gents who say you know people who would want some, get them to post HERE NOW! And give me your thoughts & input on anything, I'm making a lot of assumptions here but this could be the only time in 30+ years that this can happen, and history tells us, the last time realistically, so action is required! Chris

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //