//ArrowChat Code

Thread: JET Ski's

--

JET Ski's

I am not going to another forum site to ask about these. I like it here way too much. So here goes.
    I am looking at a couple jet ski's that need a little work. The price was pretty good so I thought. Well I guess I still do think that but I got on craigs and it seems there is a ton of these things on there. The ones I am looking at both ran this year. They are a 95 Yamaha wave runner 2 and a Polaris sl 780. Both have new fuel lines and battery s. The deal comes with a two place trailer. $1,000 takes them.
    As far as what they need, the Yamaha does run but lost most of its power? Impeller maybe?
    The Polaris was just tuned up with a few simple things like plugs and they got ready to go to the water and it had no fire.
    I actually know the owner and he is a truthful person. It seems to me like even if I just buy them, store them til next spring(with the battery's out) and be able to resell them for a little bit more money. 2 ski's with trailer and clear titles seem to me to be a no lose deal.
    The condition I would say is about a 7.

Now since I have looked on craigslist I see many of these ski's for sale needing a little work. If working on these is halfway easy like a honda atc, I may buy a few up and have projects for when I am layed off work soon.
    Are there any jet ski mechanics on here that could throw me some input?
    Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks
    R.I.P. John Swinehart
    TRIKEFEST 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
    Epic Mikfest 17
    86 200x
    85 250sx
    85 big red
    85 atc 70

Fabiodriven- cereal goes in first, then milk.
    I’ve got an 8” Grip on a 10” turd... Kyle Kiser

--
    No love on this one Shane. for the trailer and 2 machines I would pick it up for that price. I mean really how hard could it be to fix a jet ski! lol It would be fun to start on something new!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 90guy View Post
    No love on this one Shane. for the trailer and 2 machines I would pick it up for that price. I mean really how hard could it be to fix a jet ski! lol It would be fun to start on something new!
    The only thing that is changing my mind is this ebay auction. These are turn key and they didn't even have a bid at $2,000.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-jet...orcev4exp=true
    R.I.P. John Swinehart
    Epic Mikfest 17
    86 200x
    85 250sx
    85 big red
    85 atc 70

--
    True. I know around here winter is coming and nobody wants to try and store them so they sell them haha! 2000 seems to be a good deal. Makes a guy think what is this stuff actually worth.

--
    The ones from Florida have probably been in salt water. Salt water + aluminum motor parts = corrosion. Corrosion = problems.
    my feedback thread http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...-hoosierlogger

TRIKEFEST 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16

Current rides
    Taurus 650 (green)
    85 250es big red
    83 ALT50 (5 year old daughters)
    82 ALT50
    82 ALT50
    84 atc 70 stroked big bore 90 STILL in progress.
    71 QA50
    93 TRX 300 FW

Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Ya'll are the biggest bunch of whining b!tches I've seen in my entire life.
    You might be strong as an ox, but without a cart you are just a big dumb animal.

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    Thats not always necessarily true, but if they are near a coastal area...then most likely. Mine have never been in anything but fresh water, but I am pretty far in land also.

--
    Be careful with the Polaris. Some years had faulty ignitions and you have to replace the whole system. Polaris has a kit that includes a stator, ignition module and some wires but it si pretty steep. I think I paid $550 for the kit to fix my friends and I get the parts at almost cost. Getting to the stator is a pain also. I have the service manual on CD if you need it.

Lots O Trikes!!!!!
    TRIKEFEST 03, 04, 05, 07, 09 Going the distance

--
    There are some pretty decent forums for all these. I've shopped off and on for a year or so but haven't pulled the trigger on any.

As I recall, fuel lines were a big issue on the older ones. The crumble from the inside out and clogg carbs, lean out the engine, and sieze 'em right up.

dogger is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    The yamaha prolly needs just a wear ring replaced in the pump they have tight tolerances and do wear over time. The Polaris could be more involved however and ipersonally wwon't mess with them. They don't have as good of a reputation as some others included the yamahas.
    around here the trailer alone is worth 1k and if both skis run I'd split them up and get 2 single trailers and get another 1200 to 1500 for them.
    The fuel line issue is one cause by ethanol in fuel but if you replace and clean the fuel system it'll not be a problem.
    i have a couple seadoos i got for my wife and they have been good skis so far.

--
    I passed on these ski's. Thanks for all the input guys.
    R.I.P. John Swinehart
    Epic Mikfest 17
    86 200x
    85 250sx
    85 big red
    85 atc 70

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //