//ArrowChat Code
Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast

Thread: Putting things in places they ought not to be (250R Hybrid Motor build)

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    Got it running again. I gotta pull the clutch cover and redo the brand new assembled water pump seals which pisses me off, but took it for a quick ride and running pretty darn good.

https://www.facebook.com/wggolightly...73330015743014

bandito90 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Billy, are you bringing the the Trike to Trikefest?
    1978 bandito framed atc90
    1984 YT60
    1974 rd60
    2002 Buell Blast
    1984 Honda xr100 project in the trunk of my car.
    1964 honda C100
    1981 Honda Hobbit
    1984 Yamahopper

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    That is the plan

--
    Blog Entries
    Got the waterpump seal replaced again, doesn't leak this time. Its running ridiculously good, I'm gonna dial back the jetting a little bit, its scary how quick crisp and good running the thing is right now. Its just about dumb, its got low went grunt like a 500 and pulls enough up top I'm afraid to stay into it still. Took my 10 paddle haulers and blew them away like they were slicks shifting into 4th gear.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Golightly View Post
    Got the waterpump seal replaced again, doesn't leak this time. Its running ridiculously good, I'm gonna dial back the jetting a little bit, its scary how quick crisp and good running the thing is right now. Its just about dumb, its got low went grunt like a 500 and pulls enough up top I'm afraid to stay into it still. Took my 10 paddle haulers and blew them away like they were slicks shifting into 4th gear.
    LMAO!! "Just about dumb"... Awesome!
    Trikes:
    '85 ATC 350R
    '85 ATC 250R
    '86 ATC 350X
    '85 ATC 350X
    '84 ATC 200ES Big Red
    '84 ATC 125M
    '85 ATC 110
    '85 ATC 70/110

If you have bought from me or sold to me, please leave me feedback here>>> http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...+RIDE-RED+250r

--
    Blog Entries
    No seriously, it is. I went back out and took it for another ride and tried it open it up again, the thing just keeps climbing RPM wise and pulls harder and harder and harder, I had to back out of it again and I went and parked it in the shop because it spooked me. Its officially the fastest 2 stroke I've ever rode. Way faster than my old CR500, and it doesn't shake the every loving out of you for it either. Its ridiculous if you want it to be. I really am stunned how well its running

--
    I'm glad it has come together for ya man!

In a way, I kind of expected it to be a ripper. The 800cc twin that cylinder came from made about 135hp in stock trim... More modern porting layout and able to trail ride with a 40mm carb feeding each cylinder. If you pause and think about it for a minute, the power they are making with stock sled engines is amazing! The current Rotax 800 E-Tec is touted to make north of 160hp out of the box.

I just got a kick out of your description. Looking forward to some vids of you tearing shyte up with it.
    Trikes:
    '85 ATC 350R
    '85 ATC 250R
    '86 ATC 350X
    '85 ATC 350X
    '84 ATC 200ES Big Red
    '84 ATC 125M
    '85 ATC 110
    '85 ATC 70/110

If you have bought from me or sold to me, please leave me feedback here>>> http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...+RIDE-RED+250r

--
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RIDE-RED 250r View Post
    I'm glad it has come together for ya man!

In a way, I kind of expected it to be a ripper. The 800cc twin that cylinder came from made about 135hp in stock trim... More modern porting layout and able to trail ride with a 40mm carb feeding each cylinder. If you pause and think about it for a minute, the power they are making with stock sled engines is amazing! The current Rotax 800 E-Tec is touted to make north of 160hp out of the box.

I just got a kick out of your description. Looking forward to some vids of you tearing shyte up with it.

I was thinking last night, didn't those have a 2into1 exhaust also? So with a properly setup expansion chamber, it should run even better than that per cylinder wouldn't it reason?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Golightly View Post
    I was thinking last night, didn't those have a 2into1 exhaust also? So with a properly setup expansion chamber, it should run even better than that per cylinder wouldn't it reason?
    Yup Y pipe into a single pipe Kind of tight on space and cheaper to mass produce these sleds. Well tuned expansions are amazing for what they do to the sled. Let alone on a trike! This thing has to be a beast!!

--
    Blog Entries
    Yeah see all this time I never realized by also adding a single tuned pipe to this equation I was making hp from the sled configuration there also. Amazing

--
    As 90guy said, yes.. they are single pipe in stock config.

But the reason for single pipes on those sleds served more purpose than space savings and manufacturing cost. It was about where they wanted peak power and torque to me made. Single pipe on a twin or triple cylinder sled doesn't make the peak HP that twin or triple pipes do, but it has more broad of a power curve and comes into the power at lower RPM than twin or triple pipes. Think of it like porting a 250r cylinder for the desired application.

Just in Ski-Doo, over the years they had the same engine offered in different sleds with different setups. There was a 670 twin cylinder, twin piped Mach-1. Then there was the 670 twin cylinder, single piped MXZ. The Mach was more geared toward top speed and peak HP, where the MXZ was more of a fast trail/sno-cross oriented sled.

Then there are the triples: The 800 Mach-Z was triple cylinder with triple pipes. One of the fastest production sleds out of the box, even by today's standards. At the same time, they offered a Formula III 800 that used the same 800 triple cylinder engine, but ran a single pipe. This sled still made good numbers for HP, but didn't make the big numbers of over 150HP like the Mach-Z. It was designed to be a more all-round trail sled that was still quite fast, and had a little moire grunt down low.

Alot of guys still like to take an MXZ twin cylinder that came with a single pipe and put twin pipes on them with other usual supporting mods for all round higher HP even if they lose a touch of low end grunt.
    Trikes:
    '85 ATC 350R
    '85 ATC 250R
    '86 ATC 350X
    '85 ATC 350X
    '84 ATC 200ES Big Red
    '84 ATC 125M
    '85 ATC 110
    '85 ATC 70/110

--
    Blog Entries
    I kinda wanna build another one of these now that I have an idea about what I'm doing. Not looking forward to the pipe though...lol

--
    Blog Entries
    Well this beauty is all buttoned up for TF, took it for another spin yesterday (I have resisted riding it a lot between now and then incase something bad went wrong, atleast it'd be there for some people to see it) and I am still really really impressed with the power of it. Swing by camp, up by the old house on the hill (concrete structure only now) sometime during the week and take a look at it, or I'm sure I'll be riding it some also!

--
    Great news!, I just wish I could be there to see it.

Looks like a California, Arizona, Texas crew will be there next year, if all goes well.
    Email- onformula1@hotmail.com Rebuilt, Revalved, custom springs, lowering, forks & shocks, Custom Suspension, all brands, 2-3-4 wheeler's- PM or Email with questions.

***Check out my album for cool pictures*** http://www.3wheelerworld.com/album.php?albumid=2527

As always- Everything I post is IMHO.

--
    Any video footage of this beast at TF?

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //