//ArrowChat Code
Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Putting things in places they ought not to be (250R Hybrid Motor build)

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    Over due update, I've completed the following;

Custom Intake
    Custom Exhaust Flange
    Custom spacer plate
    Custom base gaskets

I am few other misc gaskets away from having what I need to finally get this thing together enough to do a leak down test. Thats when it'll get interesting

--
    Thanks for the update Billy! I was just wondering yesterday how things were progressing on this project.

Trikes:
    '85 ATC 350R
    '85 ATC 250R
    '86 ATC 350X
    '85 ATC 350X
    '84 ATC 200ES Big Red
    '84 ATC 125M
    '85 ATC 110
    '85 ATC 70/110

If you have bought from me or sold to me, please leave me feedback here>>> http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...+RIDE-RED+250r

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    Pretty much after I know I can seal the thing air tight and make it hold a vacuum, I'll be onto making coolant routes from the head and the cylinder both to fit the 250R configuration...and then...assembly....?!

Doesn't sound like much but in practicality it'll be a lot of work to get there I'm sure.

--
    Actually, to just about anyone who has put a wrench to anything mechanical, we can very much appreciate the planning, trial/error, and labor involved in a build like this. I wish I had the machinery and knowledge to do the things you are doing! I do all my own tear-down and rebuilding, but all machine work I need done is outsourced. I can measure with calipers and micrometers to double check work, but that's about it!

Carry on Sir!
    Trikes:
    '85 ATC 350R
    '85 ATC 250R
    '86 ATC 350X
    '85 ATC 350X
    '84 ATC 200ES Big Red
    '84 ATC 125M
    '85 ATC 110
    '85 ATC 70/110

If you have bought from me or sold to me, please leave me feedback here>>> http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...+RIDE-RED+250r

Larry T Moore is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    and I thought I was cool when I used 86 200x motor mounts to turn the handle around on my pushmower so I could pull it behind my 250sx..but what yer doing is cool!!

bigdaddyvw185 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    awesome project! i envy your ability and willingness to attempt such a monumental project!. In for updates and best of luck with the rest of the build!

--
    Man O man! That thing will be sick!

--
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for all the replies and kind words. Its got some hairy points, but really, anyone with an old knee type Bridgeport mill could be doing just as good and probably even better than I am. You just have to be dumb enough to try it is the key

--
    Soon to follow...... A laydown version for an ATC70

Great, great work Billy, you are certainly self motivated.

Some people look at things that are 1/4" off and think "no way, will that fit, I'll have to rebuild mine ". Heck, there only holes and spacers right??

As you say, think OUTSIDE the box!!
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtcrasher View Post
    Soon to follow...... A laydown version for an ATC70

Great, great work Billy, you are certainly self motivated.

Some people look at things that are 1/4" off and think "no way, will that fit, I'll have to rebuild mine ". Heck, there only holes and spacers right??

As you say, think OUTSIDE the box!!

It does kill me when I see some of these scored up pistons and bores with a little aluminum melted on them and people buy and replace all that stuff.

Buff off the high spots on the piston, rub a little muratic on the cylinder walls the clean off the melted aluminum, use a pick to clean out the ring grooves, and put the mofo back together!

--
    ^ hahahaha
    easier said than done sir! been there too man! i used to have a 90cc with a custom 110cc bigbore kit and man when i had to redo the rings, i had to find some to fit from 2 different piston makers from different bikes. but hey ya do what ya gotta do right?

Nearly every kind of Honda ATC (plus some custom ones
    several Yami Quads (mostly custom built for MX racing)

https://www.mikesatvfix.com

"Freedom is not free...but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share."

--
    Blog Entries
    Here is a video update for ya'll;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgWbcBo4ZSM

Make sure to select HD quality for the footage. I should be able to begin doing leak down testing within the next week or so. I'm waiting on just a few more gaskets

--
    Saw the video, great progress man. Looking forward to this one.
    Merry X-mas to you all.

TORKER.
    THOSE WHO SAY IT CANNOT BE DONE, SHOULD NOT GET IN THE WAY OF THOSE BUSY DOING IT...

--
    Blog Entries
    Thank you, Merry Christmas to you too

--
    Looks great! Hope everything goes well. I'm just as jealous as these other guys,wish I had the time.
    Would like to know what your compression is and cant wait to see that pipe too.
    There are some guys on the triples website that custom make pipes and have cone pieces for sale.
    http://kawi2strokes.com/forum/index.php
    Good luck
    80' Honda CR80R
    78' Honda XR75
    77' Honda CT-70
    74' Honda CT-70
    75' Yamaha GT80 Enduro
    76' Kawasaki KZ900
    73' Kawasaki H1-500
    76' Kawasaki H1-500
    They always run best before they blow!
    Manuals: http://www.oscarmayer.net/atc/manuals/