//ArrowChat Code
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: 1987 250R/350X - Update Dec 2014: 1987 250R-H Parts Catalog Located *Pics!*

--
    I quite like that picture...where'd you get it?

You guys can believe what you want but I got confirmation from Honda Canada...so whatever.

KASEY is offline weee weeee weeeeeeeeeee ! ! ! The day begins with 3WW
    --
    conformation is just someones word,,, until I see a OEM year decal and serial number unmolested on a neck I still call,BS ,,,

--
    my picture?Its off my HONDA EPC....dealers only disc....aparently we got them in australia according to the EPC......(which never happened) It also has the 87 atc250r parts fiche
    Last edited by ylwgtr; 11-18-2013 at 11:33 PM.

--
    OMG. This is till going on? Im starting th think its america pride that holds people from believeing. After all They did ban them befor we did. Oh and the 1988 big red dosent exsist either. SOme people need to get a life when it comes to threads like this. Stop hateing start believeing.
    The Green No More Red EVER EVER EVER AGAIN!!!!!!!
    1985 KXT 250 Tecate
    1984 KXT 250 Tecate Parts machine
    1985 KXT 250 Tecate My vintage racer
    1983 KX 250
    Proud member of
    3wheelerworld.com
    3wheeler.org
    Planettrike.com
    Airfoolers.com
    http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/s...ad.php?t=80907

--
    I just got a comment on my video where the guy called Honda Canada Customer Service and they told him that many people have been calling asking for answers and he said they told him there was only 200 total models, between both the 250R and 350X that were sold in Canada before they were banned there as well. This matches was I was told all those months back.

This is presuming they were actually entirely sold and not disassembled and shipped back. If they were indeed disassembled and shipped back, this could explain various parts that have gotten out on Ebay, but why no actual full machine has ever been seen.

This would fit given the low production numbers of SX's, Big Reds and 200X's that were also sold this year. The R and 350X have always sold in less quantities as far as I know.
    Last edited by slashfan7964; 04-09-2014 at 10:14 PM.

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    A YouTube comment! Break out the confetti boys! That's confirmation enough for me!

85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    A YouTube comment! Break out the confetti boys! That's confirmation enough for me!

Its more of a lead than anything else right now. Keeps hopes alive

I'm getting to the bottom of this. Not sure what I have to do, but I'm trying.

That said, no need to be rude about it. At the end of the day, I care, and I'm just posting information I deem relevant here. Wether or not you care is entirely your own opinion but you don't need to post that to get your point across.

--
    People can go to church every sunday and ramble on about jesus.
    Why cant he ramble on about some trikes?

Point is, keep faith alive.

Probably more evidence of the 87's existing too. (Sorry if that offends anyone)

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostv2 View Post
    People can go to church every sunday and ramble on about jesus.
    Why cant he ramble on about some trikes?

Point is, keep faith alive.

Probably more evidence of the 87's existing too. (Sorry if that offends anyone)
    Well considering his story matches up (or at least is similar) to what I've been told and what various resources around the web I'd say that's at least something to go on.

I mean, the list of credible evidence is somewhat large. We have the various plastics and seat that have gotten out, engine vin codes, part numbers and manuals for models "never built", that photo from the Honda dealership someone posted in this thread confirming where they were sold, Honda Canada told me they were sold (really, think about that. What reason do they have to lie? If anything, you'd think they would say they don't exist, not to admit they had them!). There's more as well.

We might never see a VIN or a complete bike, but the amount of evidence we have leads me to believe there was at least something in production way back when.

Last edited by slashfan7964; 04-10-2014 at 10:52 PM.

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Canadian bikes have reflectors.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Ah right, forgot about that. I'll take that down. Thanks.

Right now I'm searching for an apart 3&4 Wheel Action that supposedly had an article on the 87 R.

I'm reading that Honda was possibly going to introduce the same engine as the 86 R, but as a power valved version. I'm also reading that the engine that was potentially used in the 1987 could have been a later TRX style engine and possibly had a black frame 9not sure on this). Apparently the 350X never made it to production, but not sure; lot of conflicting evidence. I'm also reading there may have been a ATC 250X in development that could have potentially replaced the 200X later on and this machine went on to be the TRX 250X.
    Last edited by slashfan7964; 04-10-2014 at 10:58 PM.

--
    Yep, for about 5 minutes.

stoshu is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    Yep, for about 5 minutes.
    I have a box full of em. Eh.

--
    I have been researching after I seen this thread (yesterday lol) and I really don't think it was sold in Canada I'd say the most likely place if they were ever sold was Europe, since that was where most of the last model trikes went to and all the parts schematics that I have found say their was only a European model, but I can not find anything on the 87 350x but I also found out about the 86/87 125 if you look on this website it has manuals for 85 atc 500r,87 350x,87 250r http://www.bike-parts-honda.com/hond...-250-1987.html so that leads me to believe that all these models were produced and sold for a very short amount of time as prototypes even the 500r and I think your best bet is searching in Europe!!http://www.bike-parts-honda.com/hond...-250-1987.html
    73 atc 70
    84 ytm 200ern
    79 atc 70
    ytm 225 dr
    atc 90
    80 atc 110
    klt 250A
    84 atc 200es
    85 atc 250es

gone but not forgotten restored 82 atc 70

--
    Sorry Slash my dude, but I think they make an emoticon for this......wait let me see if I can find it......

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //