//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The 2013-2014 March Towards Lord Stanley's Cup.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by bkm View Post
    Hawks were winning with about 3:30 left after the Blues blew a 2-0 lead, then Seabrook decides to try and decapitate Backes, so he gets a major and the game which then in turn puts St. Louis on the power play for the rest of the game. Blues tie it with 6 seconds to go and then win it in overtime. All of Chicago's goals were horribly tipped shots from the point. I'm not counting them out until they are dead though.
    6 seconds? Holy crap! How's you heart?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    6 seconds? Holy crap! How's you heart?
    Wait just a second and I'll get back to you, the doc is on his way in to give me the results of my ekg and stress test.

--
    Go Red Wings.
    85 Big Red
    83 Big Red
    84 125m
    85 TRX 125
    73 ATC 70

--
    Name that tune!

--
    Name that tune!
    Douche Bags on Madison???

--
    So tell me. Tied at 2 is your glass half empty, or half full? Either way you'd best top it up, this one is going 7 games.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by hublake View Post
    Go Red Wings.
    I hear octopus sales are down

--
    looked STRONG in Game 3. Played all three periods for a change. A win tonight and we'll be tossin fahkin lobsthas on the ice satahday at the gahdin, kid!
    Wubba Lubba Dub Dub!!!!!

TRIKES:
    86 250r
    85 250sx
    86 250sx
    84 Yamaha 225DX - Bruins Trike
    85 Yama 225DX - The Rental!
    150cc Piranha powered 70
    110cc Lifan 70
    82 70
    83 ALT 50 Trail Buddy
    88 Yamaha BW 80
    84 z50

--
    So tell me. Tied at 2 is your glass half empty, or half full? Either way you'd best top it up, this one is going 7 games.
    Honestly I can stomach a loss to any team in the league, except for Chicago. There was nothing better than the 80's/90's Blues Hawks rivalry's. I can still see Steve Larmer chewing his damn bubble gum and wanting to break his jaw, the sight of Jeremy Roenick still make me want to vomit, I hope Dave Manson and Steve Thomas wake up in agony every moring due to old injuries, and the only reason I can listen to Darren Pang as our T.V. color guy, is because he was so God Awful while he played for the Hawks.

Being a Blues fan you just go into the playoffs with a half empty attitude, but for the sake of trying to change the culture and remain positive until it's actually over, I'm still half full. We gotta win tommorrow night because we haven't won in Chicago since '10 and as long as the home team coninues to win we'll be okay.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by redsox View Post
    looked STRONG in Game 3. Played all three periods for a change. A win tonight and we'll be tossin fahkin lobsthas on the ice satahday at the gahdin, kid!
    LOL, that is awesome, haha. I think of the Blues as hockey's version of the Pre-04 Redsox. Every year except for a few lean years after the lockout they have put up a fairly competive team with streaks of greatness that will get you thinking that maybe, just maybe, this is our year. Then reality smacks you upside the head rather quickly. I still think we are cursed by getting rid of Scotty Bowman. Poor ownership in the early 70's-pre 2013 have been what has really plagued this franchise.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by bkm View Post
    LOL, that is awesome, haha. I think of the Blues as hockey's version of the Pre-04 Redsox. Every year except for a few lean years after the lockout they have put up a fairly competive team with streaks of greatness that will get you thinking that maybe, just maybe, this is our year. Then reality smacks you upside the head rather quickly. I still think we are cursed by getting rid of Scotty Bowman. Poor ownership in the early 70's-pre 2013 have been what has really plagued this franchise.
    its something many cannot understand. the feeling of hopes dashed again and again. you get so used to it you start to wear it proudly. it was akin to the scene in jaws when they're comparing scars. "this is 1986", "this is 94", "this is 99", "03" and so on. with the sox, it was a hurt shared by generations. i sometimes miss the feeling. but, its nice to win. something neither the sox or b's are doing tonight. B's have been soundly outplayed for two periods and are down only a goal. i still like our chances tonight and detroit has played so well a loss would be a back-breaker.
    Wubba Lubba Dub Dub!!!!!

TRIKES:
    86 250r
    85 250sx
    86 250sx
    84 Yamaha 225DX - Bruins Trike
    85 Yama 225DX - The Rental!
    150cc Piranha powered 70
    110cc Lifan 70
    82 70
    83 ALT 50 Trail Buddy
    88 Yamaha BW 80
    84 z50

--
    Quote Originally Posted by redsox View Post
    its something many cannot understand. the feeling of hopes dashed again and again. you get so used to it you start to wear it proudly. it was akin to the scene in jaws when they're comparing scars. "this is 1986", "this is 94", "this is 99", "03" and so on. with the sox, it was a hurt shared by generations. i sometimes miss the feeling. but, its nice to win. something neither the sox or b's are doing tonight. B's have been soundly outplayed for two periods and are down only a goal. i still like our chances tonight and detroit has played so well a loss would be a back-breaker.
    Very well put. It's been 47 years of let down after let down. The misery has been handed down from my grandfather to my father, onto me, and now to my girls. Last night at dinner my 7 year old was talking about a boy in school and said that she hated him. My wife told her that he shouldn't hate anyone, then she replied, what about the Black Hawks? I got one hell of a look from my wife. lol

--
    Tomorrows headline in the Winnipeg Freepress will read "Local Boy Makes Good!!!"

--
    As usual the Blues are making Tee Times after the first round. As much as I hate to say this, Go Sharks. They are honestly the only team I can stomach in the west.

--
    I feel bad for you bkm. Just wondering, thats the local chatter about miller?
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //