//ArrowChat Code
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: parts that inter change with TRI-Z 250

--
    Yes you can slap down some Banshee plastic with minor trim...but know that there is space given for the kicker on Banshee plastic. So both fenders do NOT match in width size. You can cut them off but it's 1/3 of the front which exposes the rear tires to your heals. You can leave it but it looks a bit odd IMO, and bracing becomes an issue kicker side because of the cut out.

--

86 coolant bottle available once more

Attachment 126313Attachment 126314Not a parts interchange with the Tri-Z but rather a part now available for the 86 Yamaha 250 Tri-Z.
    The 86 model only, coolant bottle. Priced at 60 dollars for members. Custom colours available.
    PM me so as to NOT clutter up this great thread.

--
    hey there has anyone tried to put banshee foot pegs on their Z? in some of the pics they look very similar i want to run a set of ims roll fat pegs on mine but cant see spending $200 on a maybe. thanks for any help

--
    Banshe pegs are VERY close... that being said, they WILL need modified to fit. the bolt holes line right up, but the pegs will be rotated forward quite a bit (unrideable) if they are not modified.
    SAY IT!!!!!
    85 1/2 Tri-Z - The Trail Bike w/Inverts
    85 Tri-Z - The wifes Bike
    85 Tri-Z - The MX/ICE Bike, 310 w/Inverts
    12 Tri-Shee - The Flat Track/TT Bike w/Inverts

NYTRO - New York Trike Racing Outlaws - COME GIT SOME!

Mosh is offline I'm the one with all the 2 stroke around here! The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Another issue with banshee pegs is they do not have a pin on the right footpeg for the Tri-Z brake lever.
    The banshee has that pin welded to the frame. The Z footpeg needs that brake arm pivot pin, so you will have to add that to your modified pegs for the Z. The Z had that brake pedal pin as part of the footpeg mount.

Quote Originally Posted by zmpolaristech View Post
    Banshe pegs are VERY close... that being said, they WILL need modified to fit. the bolt holes line right up, but the pegs will be rotated forward quite a bit (unrideable) if they are not modified.
    Quote Originally Posted by Remingtonsteel View Post
    hey there has anyone tried to put banshee foot pegs on their Z? in some of the pics they look very similar i want to run a set of ims roll fat pegs on mine but cant see spending $200 on a maybe. thanks for any help
    Here is where my long useless list of stuff nobody cares about should go...

Proudly NOT a member of

"Team on the Teat"

--
    ok thanks i was also looking at a set for a warrior there a bit cheaper. i was thinking i might just cut off the Z pegs and weld the ims ones on so i wont have to mess with the rear brake much.

Mosh is offline I'm the one with all the 2 stroke around here! The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Remingtonsteel View Post
    ok thanks i was also looking at a set for a warrior there a bit cheaper. i was thinking i might just cut off the Z pegs and weld the ims ones on so i wont have to mess with the rear brake much.
    You know when I posted earlier, I totally had a brain fart.
    For what you are gonna pay to use aftermarket pegs from a quad and get into modding, a member here already makes kick ass pegs for the Z.

His name is "greenboy" here on the forums. He is from Germany, but he is a cool cat and makes some nice Z stuff.
    I found a thread, where they are talking about them. I want to say they will run you around 200$ or so. But give him a shout. They are what you want and well worth it.
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=cgr+footpegs
    Here is where my long useless list of stuff nobody cares about should go...

Proudly NOT a member of

"Team on the Teat"

--
    awsome ill send him a message. i got a feeling im going to be bugging you guys a lot this is my first 2 stroke build and its limitied parts avalable.

--
    ok i may have missed it so im asking. chain guide/slider off a warrior/ banshee work????
    THREE WHEELIN'S A GOOD FEELIN'
    THE TRI-Z PROJECT!http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...My-Tri-Z-build!!

--
    banshee REAR chain sliders work... depending on the company, they may have to be modified to clear the skidplate
    The front chain sliders can only be had from our good friend jeswinehart. He has reproduced them in a variety of colors...he also makes the coolant bottles you see in a few posts up ^^ Contact him for some AWSOME deals!
    SAY IT!!!!!

--
    Ok, just an update...Banshee rear chain sliders CAN work, but need modified if your running a skidplate, but i recently figured out that the warrior rear chain sliders are the closest to the oem style. no mods AT ALL to install one on a tri-Z.
    SAY IT!!!!!

--
    Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=zmpolaristech;1074396]Ok, just an update...Banshee rear chain sliders CAN work, but need modified if your running a skidplate, but i recently figured out that the warrior rear chain sliders are the closest to the oem style. no mods AT ALL to install one on a tri-Z.[/QUOTE

Thought you knew that... I've been buyin warrior sliders for years for 99 cents,,, off ebay,,,,, wile everyone was fighting for triz ones. For $$$$$

--
    Going back to the linkage kit do the bearings also fit from the warrior as I think they changed them in newer models, not sure though, has anyone tried some? Shocker works.

volfan537240 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    searched this thread and didnt see it but banshee head studs are the same part# as the tri-z
    85 tri-z (in pieces)
    421 cub banshee

Audio_Phill is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    read the thread, some things were too in general to help the analytical like myself, Working on fixing up a tri-z I bought yesterday, I definitely want it wider, its a death trap at stock width and there are a few problems...

The right hub and rim are bent, and the carrier bearings are shot... Since I have to replace those, I'm thinking about just buying a new axle while I'm at it. Here's my need to knows

Will a banshee axle work and allow me to use stock everything else. I intend on using stock brake setup, stock sprocket hub and sprocket and aftermarket wheel hubs. Thinking the dura blue 2+2 might be the one, looking to get it out to around 50" Wide (my 350x is 51.5" and it handles exactly like i like a trike to handle)
    1986 tr200 Fatcat
    1985 ATC250es, all original but tires, need a right side cover
    1983 ATC200e All original but tires and wheels
    DG pipe, uni filter, jetted
    1983 KLY250C Prairie (for sale as parts)
    1982 ATC70 (x3)

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //