//ArrowChat Code
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: parts that inter change with TRI-Z 250

Audio_Phill is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    And while Im asking questions, How do I adjust idle speed... This carb is alien to me,,,
    1986 tr200 Fatcat
    1985 ATC250es, all original but tires, need a right side cover
    1983 ATC200e All original but tires and wheels
    DG pipe, uni filter, jetted
    1983 KLY250C Prairie (for sale as parts)
    1982 ATC70 (x3)

volfan537240 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    The banshee axle ipad the same except the threaded part has more threads to accept two nuts instead of two km nuts like the tri-z has.
    85 tri-z (in pieces)
    421 cub banshee

HarrisoN* is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by volfan537240 View Post
    The banshee axle ipad the same except the threaded part has more threads to accept two nuts instead of two km nuts like the tri-z has.
    Aswell as blaster, and im yet to try it but ive been told warrior nuts fit too (will update in a week or two).

like you said there 50mm hex nuts so alot easier to tighten and undo. thread is m33 x 1.5pitch if you wanna be anal

rice is offline New to the board Arm chair racerNew to the board
    --

Source coil

anyone know of another source coil that will work? aftermarket ones are junk, gone through 3 of them now. Im talking about the coil on the stator. Thanks

rice is offline New to the board Arm chair racerNew to the board
    --

Source coil

got someone to wind me a new one with good high temp wire for $75 bucks. cant really beat that

--
    what about the rear brake rotor and axle hub? mine would probably be fine but if I could get a new one for another model that would be nice.

New2Tri-Z is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    You can go with the banshee axle hub but you will need to switch to a banshee carrier to bolt the calipers up. Otherwise I ve seen an awesome thread on here of a Tri Z build and the guy ran 04 YFZ450 wave rotors front and back. Silght mnod on the mounting holes and some sapcers at rear to align with caliper but said no big deal. I am in the same boat my rotor is useable but not pretty. Think I am going to try YFZ rotor route and I will post back when I get it done to let all know if it worked out. Here is the link to the thread,3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/71073-Top-Tier-Tri-z-REINCARNATED/page15?highlight=skid+plate"] sweet Z for sure!!
    Currently Owned
    1986 Yamaha Tri-Z 350???
    1985 Honda ATC 70
    1985 Honda ATC 250R
    2006 Suzuki LTR450
    2005 Suzuki LTZ400
    2005 Polaris Predator 50
    2004 Polaris Predator 90
    2-Honda Trail 90's (need to be brought back)

Feedback Thread http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...-for-New2Tri-Z

volfan537240 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by New2Tri-Z View Post
    You can go with the banshee axle hub but you will need to switch to a banshee carrier to bolt the calipers up. Otherwise I ve seen an awesome thread on here of a Tri Z build and the guy ran 04 YFZ450 wave rotors front and back. Silght mnod on the mounting holes and some sapcers at rear to align with caliper but said no big deal. I am in the same boat my rotor is useable but not pretty. Think I am going to try YFZ rotor route and I will post back when I get it done to let all know if it worked out. Here is the link to the thread,3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/71073-Top-Tier-Tri-z-REINCARNATED/page15?highlight=skid+plate"] sweet Z for sure!!
    I'm confused. Earlier in the thread zmpolaristech said that the banshee carrier will not work.
    85 tri-z (in pieces)
    421 cub banshee

Mosh is offline I'm the one with all the 2 stroke around here! The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by New2Tri-Z View Post
    It is the 04-05 YFZ quad rear rotor you need. It fits the Z hubs fine front and back if you shave the holes a few thousandths. You will have to space the rear caliper over about 1/4-3/8ths of an inch. I found and used this set-up on both My 310 Drag Z and The raffle Bud light Z and it worked great.

Banshee carrier does NOT fit..

--
    most honda kickers that kick forward will work.

--
    I used the '85 250Sx kicker on my 85 1/2 Tri-Z ......it worked perfect ,cheap, easy to find!!!! had to heat ? bend out 1/2'' at the top!!

Quote Originally Posted by homes1 View Post
    most honda kickers that kick forward will work.
    DO the Best With What you got !

My Feed back :cool

poolieZerUK is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    It's been asked before on here a few times but never answered.
    What are the clutch basket options?
    Is the Sprock billet outer basket the only option?
    What about inner basket?
    There's plenty of both on ebay but mostly look like junk.
    Need to get something sorted but not too keen on spending good money on shite

--
    I believe 83-88 yz250 is the same. Definitely 85 is the same I'm running one currently.
    85 Tri-z Power valve on Inverts
    85 Tri-z Basket Case
    01 gsxr750 engine/Tri-z frame (long long way from complete)

--
    The 86-87 200x footpeg is a mod mentioned in another thread? One side was a supposed bolt on has this been confirmed?

Crazyktmmatt is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Was anything found out on other calipers that will work?
    200x - I think I have 7 of em?

10 70's
    3 350x's
    Tri Z
    kxt
    and the 90 110 125m that I need to get rid of.
    YT175 with rear suspension sold
    200es- SOLD !!!!!!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //