//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: parts that inter change with TRI-Z 250

--
    This is all good info. I just received my Tri Z this week after being shipped to me. I started making a list of little odds and ends figuring there may be a yamaha parts center comparable to service honda (I can buy alot for my 250R). I got no where every single part I asked for was discontinued. My bike is black and luckly it came with an extra set of Rear OEM fenders in the Yamaha packaging. I was lucky enough to score a yellow headlight cover new in the yamaha packaging on ebay I'll save because I know i'll buy a yellow next and maybe try the 490 conversion as listed above. My collection is growing fast.

--
    FYI, I've tried the 400ex hubs on a couple Z axles and they don't fit. They're just too tight. The alxe splines would have to be severly worn for them to have a chance.

--
    The hub splines wear out a lot faster than axle splines, so its better to hunt for some hubs a couple years old than to hunt for a worn out axle. Ive got Honda hubs on both of mine.

--
    Blog Entries
    LonesomeTri-Z informed me that Suzuki has a headlight that is exactly the same as the Z headlight but he cannot remember what the Suzuki headlight went to. Anybody know? The price difference is pretty substantial. $65 for the Z and $12 for the Suzuki and it's apparently the exact same headlight.

--
    if i remeber correctly the 1987 and 1988 YZ250 shift shafts are the same, will give conformation tommorow though

Curtis
    Currently Trikeless- but I have a LT250R

--
    Quote Originally Posted by honda200
    if i remeber correctly the 1987 and 1988 YZ250 shift shafts are the same, will give conformation tommorow though

Curtis
    This would be good news for me, some ******* welded mine.

diggerzmound is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamahauler
    This would be good news for me, some ******* welded mine.
    THey are still available from Yamaha, I ordered one a few months ago, $27 I thikn it was..
    My Ride - 2001 Raptor, HotRods 720 Stroker.
    94' Banshee- Bing Bing Bing
    85 Tri-Z, 6 Speed, Power Valved, Boyesen Reeds, DG Pipe.
    Kids - Lil' Yamahas
    Summer rides - 1100 Wave Raider, JS550, 06' V-Max
    Winter toy - 95' V-max4

--
    not a bad price

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Dammit!
    LonesomeTri-Z informed me that Suzuki has a headlight that is exactly the same as the Z headlight but he cannot remember what the Suzuki headlight went to. Anybody know? The price difference is pretty substantial. $65 for the Z and $12 for the Suzuki and it's apparently the exact same headlight.
    You talking about the kawasaki bayou 220??
    1985 YAMAHA TRI-Z 250 sold

2006 YFZ 450

--
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by twgranger
    You talking about the kawasaki bayou 220??

I don't know. Am I?

I really have no idea but I need to find out. I need two of them.

--
    They are identical looking but i have never tried hooking them up. They are still on the quad. I can pull one out and let you know tomorow.

2006 YFZ 450

--
    yea, a new shift shaft (shaft only) is 27 bucks,

Curtis
    Currently Trikeless- but I have a LT250R

--
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by twgranger
    They are identical looking but i have never tried hooking them up. They are still on the quad. I can pull one out and let you know tomorow.

Thanks.

As you can see I need to find out what that part is or pony up $65 each for them.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails oneid.jpg  

--
    Well i just got done installing the almost new headlights and man!!! I never new my old Z lenses were so dull looking entill i put these on. , what you need is the headlight from a 2002 kawasaki bayou 220, The part #'s on the lenses are even the same. The headlight goes right in. But if you use them you dont need to use the upper rubber shim thingy because the top tab on the bayou headlights are fatter and fit nice and snug without the rubber. One more thing i had to do was change to a bigger adjustment screw on the bottom of the headlight, like 1 size bigger. I hope this info helps you out. I checked on the price and they are $38 a peice through bikebandit.com. I would buy 2 though. They look like a mirrior and so shiny. Wish i had a camera. Later!!!!

2006 YFZ 450

--
    Blog Entries
    Apparently there's an even cheaper option. LonesomeTri-Z got them for 12 bucks each brand new. Supposedly off a Suzuki. Identical to the Z headlight in every way.

It's progress though! 38 bucks is still a lot better than 65.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //