//ArrowChat Code
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: parts that inter change with TRI-Z 250

--
    I am using a 250sx kicker on my Z. actually works better than the stock one, since it will sit inside the frame when folded in, instead of rubbing between your leg and plastic.

--
    OH!, Also, contrary to what the first page says, A BANSHEE BEARING CARRIER WILL NOT WORK IN A TRI-Z SWINGER!!! Just thought i would add that.

Fat Bar clamps for the newer honda dirt bikes work with very little effort. Left side banshee foot peg bolt holes line right up, you have to cut the plate and "fold it back" a little to get the peg at the right angle. Moves the peg back 1/2" and down 1/2" for you larger riders. I also fabbed a right side peg for the z using another left banshee peg (took a bit more work) and a piece cut from the stock Z peg. 39pwk carbs from 98-2000 polaris xc700 & xc800 work great (ebay specials!). I have photos if anyone is interested in these mods.

--
    EDIT!

Banshee, and Blaster sprocket hubs work with NO mods.
    Last edited by ATC-Eric; 12-30-2008 at 05:48 PM.
    My feedback: http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-ATC-Eric

Survivor! TF: 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13 Sandpuppies: 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 16, 17, 18 Imperial Invasion 09, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20

Everything Big Bore on FaceBook

Mosh is offline I'm the one with all the 2 stroke around here! The day begins with 3WW
    --
    1st gen Polaris Predator grab bars will fit, with some minor drilling of the grab bar holes.

2004 YFZ 450 Rear brake rotors will fit the front and rear of the Tri-Z if you drill out the mounting holes slightly.
    The rear caliper will have to be shimmed out .360" with some small spacers, to accomodate for the non offset brake rotor.
    The front caliper needs no spacing work.
    Here is where my long useless list of stuff nobody cares about should go...

Proudly NOT a member of

"Team on the Teat"

--
    Not sure if it's been mentioned, but the Warrior "dogbone", or shock linkage is the same as the '86 Tri-Z, but not the '85. The Warrior rear shock linkage shackle will work for a rear lowering kit for the Z. The Warrior shock end rebuild kits are the same, Warrior shock linkage rebuild kits are the same, and Banshee rear axle bearings and seals are the same. You can install the Tri-Z rear shock resevoir onto the Warrior shock for a stock look, but the shock will have to be serviced if it has been opened up. The Raptor 660 front brake master cylinder will work with no mods.

--
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by moshman355 View Post
    1st gen Polaris Predator grab bars will fit, with some minor drilling of the grab bar holes.
    thats what I have on mine .. thanks for posting that

warrior and banshee linkage arms are shorter than the tri Z and a diffrent shape (more curved)..the dog bones are longer on the banshee

Mosh is offline I'm the one with all the 2 stroke around here! The day begins with 3WW
    --
    I learned that from you
    Here is where my long useless list of stuff nobody cares about should go...

Proudly NOT a member of

"Team on the Teat"

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Raffa View Post
    thats what I have on mine .. thanks for posting that

warrior and banshee linkage arms are shorter than the tri Z and a diffrent shape (more curved)..the dog bones are longer on the banshee
    I have an '87 Warrior rear shock linkage arm, and it is almost identical to the '86 Tri-Z arm, just the casting is a little different, but the shape is the same. Maybe they changed them on the later models?

I used a '01 Raptor 660 shock on mine, a '86 Tri-Z swingarm, a '85 Tri-Z shock linkage, and a Warrior linkage shackle. This setup works perfect for the Raptor shock. I doubt this setup would work with the '85 swingarm, and you have to use the '85 dogbone to kick the bottom of the shock back to clear the swingarm. The only downside is the shock linkage is closer to the ground, but there is still plenty of clearance, and the ride height is still the same as original. I know there had been some discussion about the Raptor shock jacking the ride height up, but with this setup, it will work perfect. This setup has to use the '01 Raptor shock because it has a remote rez. The later model Raptors have piggyback rezzys that were mounted to the side, and I don't think there is enough clearance for them.

--
    I am looking to replace the slotted rear axle nuts on my Z with standard nuts. Will the Banshee axle lock nuts work on the Z axle. its strange that when I look at the exploded parts view of the Banshaee axle I don't even see this parts shown?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by vrswiss View Post
    I am looking to replace the slotted rear axle nuts on my Z with standard nuts. Will the Banshee axle lock nuts work on the Z axle. its strange that when I look at the exploded parts view of the Banshaee axle I don't even see this parts shown?
    The Banshee axle replaced the TriZ axle, and they are the same other than the threaded portion of the Banshee axle is wider as are the lock nuts, so two banshee lock nuts will not fit on the threaded part of the TriZ axle, but you can use two narrower TriZ nuts on the Bahsee axle. Neither are standard hex nuts though.

--
    Good to know, thanks for the info. I am so glad I found this thread!

--
    Good stuff guys!

Racerguy381 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Not sure if it was ever mentioned but the Moto4 80 throttle cable will work in the stock 1985 Z throttle housing for a big carb swap.
    Trikes
    1985 Tri-Z 250 Piped ported and PV'd
    1985 ATC 250R trail destroyer!
    1984 ATC 70 rebuilding
    1982 ATC 70 stut wheeler drag bar an cooler rack equipped
    1973 ATC 70 searching for parts...
    Bikes
    2006 KLX110 BBR160 Super R head ported BBR Super Pro rear swingarm ect...
    1988 KX500 The Beast!
    1986 KX540 In search of parts!!! Help if you have some
    1982 CR480 Unlimited Evo Racer
    1982 CR125 Unlimited Evo Racer
    1982 YZ100 cheater bike...
    1981 KX250 Unlimited money pit Evo Racer

--

Lights

Can we re-visit the lighting. It appears that from what others have said the 2002 Kawasaki Bayou lights work but they didn't explain exactly what parts to get. someone said they heard Suzuki lights worked but they never followed through with it. I also read that the early Warrior sqaure lights work but no one confirmed this. To me it would seem that the warrior lights would be the best fit according to pictures from online part finders. Any insight on this would be helpful before I spend a few bucks on parts.

--
    does anyone have an idea of what slip-on pipe will fit the tri Z 250?

thanks

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //